Finally Pulled the Trigger and Bought a Second Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diem Turner

Yes...I have a Premium Member
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
I'd been thinking about getting a SWB car for speed running and track use the past weeks and, after much contemplation, decided on the Hobao VTE. During my research I stumbled upon an ad for a modded out VTE on Ebay classifieds that fit the bill. So I sold my Elektron AnalogFour synthesizer and turned around and bought the car. I think I got a great deal considering the part upgrades and the fact that everything is brand new and has never been run. I paid 480€ (~$500) for the package. So what I got was:

Hobao VTE
Scorched RC Carbon Fiber GT Chassis
Scorched RC Titanium Spool
Scorched RC Titanium Center Drive Shafts
Scorched RC Titanium CVDs and Dog Bones
Scorched RC Diff Lockers F/R
Carbon Fiber Center Torsion Brace
Carbon Fiber Shock Towers F/R
One Set CONTACT Foams
Deltaplastik 1/8 2mm Dome Body
All the original parts (chassis, diffs, etc.)
1669309974148.png

A brief build thread will be posted in the coming days. Let the good times roll!!

I'd been thinking about getting a SWB car for speed running and track use the past weeks and, after much contemplation, decided on the Hobao VTE. During my research I stumbled upon an ad for a modded out VTE on Ebay classifieds that fit the bill. So I sold my Elektron AnalogFour synthesizer and turned around and bought the car. I think I got a great deal considering the part upgrades and the fact that everything is brand new and has never been run. I paid 480€ (~$500) for the package. So what I got was:

Hobao VTE
Scorched RC Carbon Fiber GT Chassis
Scorched RC Titanium Spool
Scorched RC Titanium Center Drive Shafts
Scorched RC Titanium CVDs and Dog Bones
Scorched RC Diff Lockers F/R
Carbon Fiber Center Torsion Brace
Carbon Fiber Shock Towers F/R
One Set CONTACT Foams
Deltaplastik 1/8 2mm Dome Body
All the original parts (chassis, diffs, etc.)
View attachment 258238

A brief build thread will be posted in the coming days. Let the good times roll!!
Sweet!! Def looks like a great deal!! Congrats!! 🥳 😁✌️🎅

That looks like a pretty nice chassis. What electronics do you plan on using?
And will there be some track running on the dormagen rc track next year?
Yeah, I love the chassis from Scorched. They're a thing of beauty.

I'm going to do some initial testing and setup with a Spektrum 150A ESC and 4074 motor. Once I've got everything dialed those will be swapped out for a Castle 1721 and XLX2. For control I'll be using a Futaba 4PX & 304 receiver.

I had planned on it, yes. :)

I'm going to do some initial testing and setup with a Spektrum 150A ESC and 4074 motor. Once I've got everything dialed those will be swapped out for a Castle 1721 and XLX2. For control I'll be using a Futaba 4PX & 304 receiver.

Good luck .it's a nice chassis.looking forward to your build thread on this👍

I'm curious why you're using your 4Px instead of your 7Px?

I'm curious why you're using your 4Px instead of your 7Px?
Because I have it and want to use it. I won't be using any telemetry on this car, no gyros, nothing fancy. From the perspective of how the Tx feels in your hands, they're pretty much indistinguishable.

It's a proper GT scale chassis??
I think so? It's Scorched RC's GT chassis so I assumed that it was.

Edit: Ah wait. If you're asking whether it's a flat pan chassis or has a kick-up, then it's the former. The VTE has no kick-up. If I'm not mistaken that would make it a non-GT chassis by official definition, correct? I just double checked and Scorched refers to it as a GT width chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back