Hobbywing MAX 4. 12S ESC!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw something about it on fb, google didn’t turn up anything so I figured it wasn’t real. Cool to see though!

Definitely not cheap. I don't have anything to use it for but I want one. On a side note prices of everything seemed to have just gone up. I was looking at another XLX2 combo w/ 1100kv. It's $500 now. It was just $469 a couple weeks ago. Didn't even realize it until I was talking to the owner of my LHS on Friday.

Definitely not cheap. I don't have anything to use it for but I want one. On a side note prices of everything seemed to have just gone up. I was looking at another XLX2 combo w/ 1100kv. It's $500 now. It was just $469 a couple weeks ago. Didn't even realize it until I was talking to the owner of my LHS on Friday.
Yup. In general, everything is more expensive 😕
Dimensions of the Max 5 :
Size (L.W.H)
mm93.35/58.12/47.81

Dimensions of the Max 4 :

Size (L.W.H)
mm125 x 85 x 61.7mm

So it's longer, wider and taller than the Max 5 indeed.

Check out the sensored Hobbywing 70123 motor
EAFBF00A-29B7-487F-9B32-884D04F6CCEC.png

Hmmm 12s Kraton 1/5 scale🤔

This motor is too big for the kraton and outcast 8s right? My 113 is very close
Yep, way too long…….it’d fit in my DBXL though…..my brain is on fire now thinking of the possibilities .⚙️
So do you think that we could use the Castle 2028 800Kv motor with the Max 4?. On 12s?

That sounds like it would be a monster. Maybe with the Castle 800kv motor on 12s?
I’d try the recommended motor. The ESC says a max of 600kv.

Yep, way too long…….it’d fit in my DBXL though…..my brain is on fire now thinking of the possibilities .⚙️

I’d try the recommended motor. The ESC says a max of 600kv.
Sucks that the giant motor doesn't fit the K8S, but TBH, I really don't think that I need 12s for what I do with my EXB K8S for jumps. My K8S does 59MPH on freaking grass on 8s with 30/39 gearing with the 1100kv motor and XLX2. Even with the Max 5 I can hit those speeds (even though I'm hitting thermal with the Max 5 during hot weather).

Ya 12S in the K8…..unnecessary. But the for the heavy Losi’s , 5T, 5B ,DBXL…..may be a good fit. I get 85kmh on the max5 combo on the K8, good enough for me.

I wonder what HW is marketing this system for. What is the footprint on this new Esc? Can it be squeezed into a K8? TBH,I haven’t looked at the dimensions.

Certainly a possibility for some Rovan rigs and upper scale nitro’s that can be converted…..exciting times bro’s.

Last edited:
Ya 12S in the K8…..unnecessary. But the for the heavy Losi’s , 5T, 5B ,DBXL…..may be a good fit. I get 85kmh on the max5 combo on the K8, good enough for me.

I wonder what HW is marketing this system for. What is the footprint on this new Esc? Can it be squeezed into a K8? TBH,I haven’t looked at the dimensions.

Certainly a possibility for some Rovan rigs and upper scale nitro’s that can be converted…..exciting times bro’s.
Not sure if the Max 4 would fit in the K8S. It's bigger than the Max 5 in every dimension :
Size (L.W.H)
mm125 x 85 x 61.7mm.
Like you said, this giant motor and ESC would be a good fit for those huge monsters mentioned 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back