Hobbywing warranty.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cereal_killer

Bash/Break/Fix/REPEAT 🤣
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
Turned in the max6 that the girlfriend killed.
They emailed me this. This doesn't even remotely look like the max 6 I sent in...
First photo email from hobbywing.
Second photo. Shipped from me.
Anyways. Always check. And take before photos....
Screenshot_20220510-172901_Outlook.jpg

20220428_170751.jpg

20220428_165633.jpg

Last edited:
i need a max6 is how would i get this?
I actually just told them to toss it. But I was going to pay for it and have someone pay $79 that I got it for... along with PayPal fees and shipping. But it's to late now..

Screenshot_20220510-180239_Outlook.jpg

Screenshot_20220510-180247_Outlook.jpg

I guess I don't understand how it's not covered under warranty regardless of whether the capacitors are leaking or not. They're part of the ESC, and as someone who has worked in IT for more than 20 years, I can tell you with certainty that caps just "go bad" sometimes without cause. If they're claiming that they would only leak or burst from misuse, they're full of it. If seen swollen and burst capacitors on brand new computers that haven't even been powered on. I'd escalate to corporate or management if you can.

I haven’t had any luck with Hobbywing warranty as well. I purchased a combo and the bearings in the 4985 exploded in less then a week I took it apart an saw the bearings said made in Taiwan when they are advertising them as Japanese bearings which are far superior. Anyway I contacted them and they claimed it was a knock off combo but then I showed them the invoice where I purchased it directly from them and the tune changed to they can’t be there inspecting the products as they are assembled and can’t control what the factory does. All I asked for was a set of bearings to replace them. Not a refund or a new motor. Just 2 bearings. Claim was denied. I wouldn’t count on a Hobbywing warranty. You are better with the knock off since they are probably made in the same factory with the same parts anyway at a cheaper price.

I haven’t had any luck with Hobbywing warranty as well. I purchased a combo and the bearings in the 4985 exploded in less then a week I took it apart an saw the bearings said made in Taiwan when they are advertising them as Japanese bearings which are far superior. Anyway I contacted them and they claimed it was a knock off combo but then I showed them the invoice where I purchased it directly from them and the tune changed to they can’t be there inspecting the products as they are assembled and can’t control what the factory does. All I asked for was a set of bearings to replace them. Not a refund or a new motor. Just 2 bearings. Claim was denied. I wouldn’t count on a Hobbywing warranty. You are better with the knock off since they are probably made in the same factory with the same parts anyway at a cheaper price.
I've never seen a Hobbywing knock-off just OEM rebrands.

Seems like you never hear ANYTHING good about Hobbywing customer service.

I've never seen a Hobbywing knock-off just OEM rebrands.
Sorry yeah I will clarify by rebranded and unauthorized sellers. Save a few bucks and not like you are getting a warranty anyway

Good thing for other esc brands.
Once the crappie hobbywing motor shoots crap. Will be another castle motor 😅

View attachment 216861
Tbh I'm a firm believer that castle escs are just better. I had a max 6 combo in my limitless recently and I was hitting esc thermal cut off on 8s left and right while bashing. I swapped it to an mmx8s and haven't had a thermal shutdown since. The Hobbywing motor was staying pretty cool though which was surprising.

I guess I don't understand how it's not covered under warranty regardless of whether the capacitors are leaking or not. They're part of the ESC, and as someone who has worked in IT for more than 20 years, I can tell you with certainty that caps just "go bad" sometimes without cause. If they're claiming that they would only leak or burst from misuse, they're full of it. If seen swollen and burst capacitors on brand new computers that haven't even been powered on. I'd escalate to corporate or management if you can.
I stole your post copy and pasted.
It's been really quiet since yesterday.

Screenshot_20220511-172346_Outlook.jpg

HW is known for having almost zero warranty, but they are dead reliable most of the time. In the world of electronics there is always that 2% failure rate.
Castle is not perfect either, but they have pretty decent warranties and great customer support staff based out of the US.

HW is known for having almost zero warranty, but they are dead reliable most of the time. In the world of electronics there is always that 2% failure rate.
Castle is not perfect either, but they have pretty decent warranties and great customer support staff based out of the US.
Kind of figured. Just wanted to at least get to a point with em

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back