Hobbywing warranty.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After 3 more emails.

Screenshot_20220512-172341_Outlook.jpg

Man, so condescending imo. He literally typed all of that just to sugar coat "We don't like to honor warranties because haha user error! we build em perfectly!"

Doesn't the ESC have overcurrent protection? I thought these Modern units have a way to protect themselves from that...

I'm glad to hear they eventually did the right thing, even though they clearly didn't intend to. It's also amusing to me that they still claim it was due to over-voltage. If only there was a way for an ESC to store a log, then they would actually be able to confirm whether or not voltage was the issue, but unfortunately that technology doesn't exist. Someone should start a new company that makes ESC's that do logging. Even if they made a weird whining sound, it'd be worth it. It could be called Citadel, Fortress, Bastion or something...just spit balling names.

You paid $8. Hell, I'll give you $16 for it. That's 100% profit. Lol
Nah. Lol. I paid retail the first time. Wishful thinking though 😅 I'm atleast asking $80. Buyer pays PayPal and shipping costs 🤷 since I bought it originally for $279... or I'll eventually through it in something else until it burns up 🤣

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear they eventually did the right thing, even though they clearly didn't intend to. It's also amusing to me that they still claim it was due to over-voltage. If only there was a way for an ESC to store a log, then they would actually be able to confirm whether or not voltage was the issue, but unfortunately that technology doesn't exist. Someone should start a new company that makes ESC's that do logging. Even if they made a weird whining sound, it'd be worth it. It could be called Citadel, Fortress, Bastion or something...just spit balling names.
Castle ecss have data logging.

Hate to see that but since getting into the rc hobby I'm so underwhelmed by the customer service and warranties. A few companies do things right, but most of them are either slow/difficult, pass the buck/blame consumer, or just flat out don't ever respond. Glad you got something out of it, but ridiculous they had to be douchebags about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back