Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.

How Important are the Looks of an RC?

bicketybam

BickeringBam - YouTube Mega Star!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4, Granite, Notorious, Talion
I'm just curious as to how important the looks of an RC are to you? I can say they play a fairly significant role in my purchases, for better or worse. Case in point. I bought a Senton Mega 4x4 (converted to brushless) because I thought it looked great. Turns out I hated SCT's, no matter how good they look. Another example would be the Tekno MT410. I've read nothing but great things about them but I find them beyond ugly. I can't stand the thin (width) chassis and the bodies are 10 pounds of ugly stuffed into a 5 pound bag 😂. I don't think I could ever get past that.

Bonus question: Which Arrma is the best looking? For me it's the Notorious. While it is probably my least favorite Arrma to drive, I think it looks absolutely amazing 😎👊👍

Mongoose

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
, 4x4-Mega
They are kinda important to me....I’m with you on the SCT thing...I don’t like them. I love the look of Tekno though...I think the ET48.3 is the best looking truggy with the stock body. I like the thin chassis and long arms but you’re right, it’s hard to shoehorn everything in there. Makes up for it in the way it handles though.

bicketybam

BickeringBam - YouTube Mega Star!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock 4x4, Granite, Notorious, Talion
They are kinda important to me....I’m with you on the SCT thing...I don’t like them. I love the look of Tekno though...I think the ET48.3 is the best looking truggy with the stock body. I like the thin chassis and long arms but you’re right, it’s hard to shoehorn everything in there. Makes up for it in the way it handles though.
I think that one is ugly as sin too. Just not for me, no matter how well it handles. Also, handling isn't tops on my list. I just need them to drive straight onto a ramp 😎👊👍

Lazy Bushman

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Typhon 3s

CofNailz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious

Bri26

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Fury
I think looks are important but you can always change to a more attractive body, if you like everything else about a particular RC vehicle.

Mr.Duke

~ Likes to 👨‍🌾 farm in flip flops ~
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious, Talion
This is how I prioritize what's important to me when buying an rc

1. Speed
2. Durability
3. Looks
4. Parts support
5. Layout and ease of maintenance
6. Cost

Mazing3

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
, Nero,
That pic says it all. It's so fracking ugly *to me*. Could do it.
You already know I’m a Tekno fanboy but I actually gotta agree with you. They look pretty much “generic truggy” No real character to it aesthetically regardless of how you paint it. But the way it drives and flies...it’s just something to behold.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
For RC, looks play 0% in my decision making. Durability, parts availability and if it fits the thing I want to do.

This was a t-maxx I drove for a couple years looking like this:

And my second small block t-maxx:

I got tired of replacing the rear of the body, so I stopped replacing it. I also got annoyed with painting about half way through, as you can tell on the first one.

Now I try to find alternate rear of body solutions, but really, it's only because the body helps it slide. It could be all black, clear, lime green with 4 different colored wheels on it.

Does it drive?
Does it require a lot of constant maintenance?

Yes, no, I'm good to go.

Premium members don't see ads. Click here to upgrade.