Fireteam I like to tinker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikehosewater

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
I like to tinker.

I started with a Kraton 6sv5 2 months ago, broke it a bunch, fixed it a bunch. Saw the deal on the Fireteam, bought the Fireteam. I was originally thinking that when I break the Kraton I have another vehicle to pull out and continue instead of going home for repairs, and I have some spares if I can't wait. I know people love the scale body and while I don't hate it, all I saw was breakage. So I started with the tinkering. I have more parts on the way(yay Jennys)

First thing was to remove the handbrake and free up that channel for lights, besides nobody wins a race on the brakes. I'll install those after paint. I used a 6vdc COB led on the Kraton, so that's what I'll install on this. I removed the nerf bars. Put a set of Kraton wheels/tires on. Installed the body post mounts/posts from the outcast on the front, the rears are stock. I have the original Kraton side guards in there for now. I have a set of the outcast tall side guards on the way, those will secure the motor leads. I also have some of the Kraton front dirt guards on the way. I still need to order the rear dirt guards. And finally thats a losi lst 3xl-e body, no trimming required at all, both front and rear wheels travel all the way without hitting, yay!

I'm hoping I can get a wheelie bar on it and replace the bumpers, perhaps the RPMs one will fit? I have the top roll cage from the Kraton on the way, I'll see if I can get that to fit correctly. I also still need to set end points and all that. The paint scheme is the toughest decision to make. And I'm sure I will be changing other things as the need arises. I really didn't need another hobby, but this does scratch a bunch of itches for me. Now I just need the multiple feet of snow to go away!

IMG_20221225_091046990_HDR.jpg

I like to tinker.

I started with a Kraton 6sv5 2 months ago, broke it a bunch, fixed it a bunch. Saw the deal on the Fireteam, bought the Fireteam. I was originally thinking that when I break the Kraton I have another vehicle to pull out and continue instead of going home for repairs, and I have some spares if I can't wait. I know people love the scale body and while I don't hate it, all I saw was breakage. So I started with the tinkering. I have more parts on the way(yay Jennys)

First thing was to remove the handbrake and free up that channel for lights, besides nobody wins a race on the brakes. I'll install those after paint. I used a 6vdc COB led on the Kraton, so that's what I'll install on this. I removed the nerf bars. Put a set of Kraton wheels/tires on. Installed the body post mounts/posts from the outcast on the front, the rears are stock. I have the original Kraton side guards in there for now. I have a set of the outcast tall side guards on the way, those will secure the motor leads. I also have some of the Kraton front dirt guards on the way. I still need to order the rear dirt guards. And finally thats a losi lst 3xl-e body, no trimming required at all, both front and rear wheels travel all the way without hitting, yay!

I'm hoping I can get a wheelie bar on it and replace the bumpers, perhaps the RPMs one will fit? I have the top roll cage from the Kraton on the way, I'll see if I can get that to fit correctly. I also still need to set end points and all that. The paint scheme is the toughest decision to make. And I'm sure I will be changing other things as the need arises. I really didn't need another hobby, but this does scratch a bunch of itches for me. Now I just need the multiple feet of snow to go away!

View attachment 264901

With a Much lighter body , it's going to Blaze across the fields..!!

Yeah, I think the Kraton wheels are lighter too. So between those the handbrake and the body, I have shed some weight. As they say, Light is right.
Oh I'm not sure if I should've posted this here, or in the Arrma 6s blx section. So mods if you want to move this, feel free.

For giggles I got out the scale..
The stock body complete is 910gms!
The losi body is 264gms.
Just in the body swap I'm saving 646gms!!!

The hand brake servo and disc is another 115gms.
Between the 2 thats 761gms(1.67772lbs) i've saved!

Last edited:
Nicely done.:love:
Yeah the FT caged body is just short of 2 full pounds.:rolleyes: And also raises the CoG drastically.
Nice body pick there. Good find.
I'm sure it will bea fast and nimble runner now.
Keep us updated. :cool:

FWIW, I think the stout EXB basher Bumpers will fit both F and R.
I think the FT bumpers may be useless without the FT body to support them?

Nicely done.:love:
Yeah the FT caged body is just short of 2 full pounds.:rolleyes: And also raises the CoG drastically.
Nice body pick there. Good find.
I'm sure it will bea fast and nimble runner now.
Keep us updated. :cool:

FWIW, I think the stout EXB basher Bumpers will fit both F and R.
I think the FT bumpers may be useless without the FT body to support them?
Yeah, the CoG will be lower which for me is a great thing. I'll look at the EXB bumpers.
Without the FT body, the front bumper will take 1 hit and 1 only. The rear is attached in 2 spots and seems sorta sturdy.
I'll post updates as they occur, but with this blizzard all my parts orders are going to take a while to get here. And that's fine, there are multiple feet of snow now and it's still coming down. So it will be a bit before I get a chance to run it anyhow :(

It's a bit chilly here.. But no snow for us.

Show us what you've got 🌨️❄️☃️

I did some more weighing, total so far..

Fireteam body is: 910gm
Losi body is: 264gm (646gm lighter)
Fireteam wheels/tires: 381gm x 4=1524gm
Kraton wheels/tires: 358gm x 4=1432gm (23gm ea. lighter)
Hand brake servo/disc: 115gm
Nerf bars: 24gm

Weight saved;
Body: 646gm
Wheels/tires: 92gm
Total = 877gm (1.933lbs)

Not that I'm a gram weenie, but I have nothing else to do but..shovel :(
That's a decent chunk of weight to remove and a fair bit of that was from up high on the chassis.
Acceleration over stock should improve. As well as handling. When I get the rest of my parts I'll update the list.

Now I'm going to remove some weight from the driveway :( Because it snowed all night.

I did some more weighing, total so far..

Fireteam body is: 910gm
Losi body is: 264gm (646gm lighter)
Fireteam wheels/tires: 381gm x 4=1524gm
Kraton wheels/tires: 358gm x 4=1432gm (23gm ea. lighter)

Weight saved;
Body: 646gm
Wheels/tires: 92gm
Total = 877gm (1.933lbs)

Not that I'm a gram weenie, but I have nothing else to do but..shovel :(
That's a decent chunk of weight to remove and a fair bit of that was from up high on the chassis.
Acceleration over stock should improve. As well as handling. When I get the rest of my parts I'll update the list.

Now I'm going to remove some weight from the driveway :( Because it snowed all night.
For the snow: Proline Slingshot paddle tires. You’ll have a nice snow fountain😉 and with each tire weighing around 270 gram, it’ll be even lighter!
ED9EE54B-5490-4412-B022-DECB2AB40AB9.jpeg

For the snow: Proline Slingshot paddle tires. You’ll have a nice snow fountain😉 and with each tire weighing around 270 gram, it’ll be even lighter!
I like the idea, but, how well is it going to work in 2+feet of snow? I'm thinking the whole thing is just going to sink and go nowhere.
I'd love to be able to go bash right now, but spending the money on a 'sinking' endeavor gives me pause. I've looked for a video of someone/anyone running in snow this deep, and I'm not finding it. That leads me to believe my initial thought is correct, in that it's just going to sink?!? Whats your experience with it?
My daughter is spending her first winter in the Boonville area ..quite the wakeup call for sure from Albany. Y'all can keep it over there!!🤣🤣🍻
My summer spot is a few miles north of Boonville. From what I understand they got it worse than we did! The city of Buffalo looks like a war zone. The looters had at it last night, so even if the stores could open and you could get there, there isn't anything to buy. I'm east of Buffalo and we got a few feet. And they are calling for more!!!

Last edited:
We never get much snow any longer 🙄. If the snow is like powder I‘m not sure if you can get momentum from a standstill. If the snow is a bit firm it might work. With paddles you can drive over water…

I like the idea, but, how well is it going to work in 2+feet of snow? I'm thinking the whole thing is just going to sink and go nowhere.
I'd love to be able to go bash right now, but spending the money on a 'sinking' endeavor gives me pause. I've looked for a video of someone/anyone running in snow this deep, and I'm not finding it. That leads me to believe my initial thought is correct, in that it's just going to sink?!? Whats your experience with it?

My summer spot is a few miles north of Boonville. From what I understand they got it worse than we did! The city of Buffalo looks like a war zone. The looters had at it last night, so even if the stores could open and you could get there, there isn't anything to buy. I'm east of Buffalo and we got a few feet. And they are calling for more!!!
I do agree, it's a sinking endeavor.. thing is, without enough flotation, you have to keep it pretty well pegged at full throttle.. it's fun for a pack or two(10 minutes maybe).. just have no real control of it. If ur not in a huge area, you'll inevitably bury it trying to turn around I think.
We only have about 6 inches of crunchy stuff left after that heat wave went through on Friday. Perfect actually for bashing right now. Crusty enough to provide a little support, powdery enough to throw some roosts.. unfortunately those are usually "in betweens" where things are just right for bashing. 😎😀👌

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back