I think I'm spoiled, how bout you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Limitless
I think I'm spoiled with local rc shops. What about you guys?

Screenshot_20230706-202444_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230706-202450_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230706-202505_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230706-202517_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230706-202529_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230706-202552_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230706-202628_Chrome.jpg

We use to have over a Dozen individually owned Hobby Shops around here DFW area...

Sadly they are All gone..
The last one down the street from me .. the owner passed away recently. ☹️

So all we have now are the chain of Hobby Towns..

I agree..you are spoiled! 😂 There's one about an hour from me but it's mostly TRX stuff. Everything I get is online...EVERYTHING.

Had one 14 mins away but it closed down in jan. Other than that we have to go hr round trip to the nearest hobbytown. It sucks!! and I find myself ordering online a lot more because of it.

The nitro hobbies and power hobby are online stores as you know especially with power hobby but they do cater to walk- ins. Cruzin rc my local guy that I've been friends with for over 35 years. Also when I order from island hobby nut and use the standard shipping I have it the next day which is nice. I even order rc parts from Amazon and sometimes it's on my porch when I get home on the same day.

If I need anything I just race down to my local Traxxas dealer (Hobbytown) and place an order. Usually the parts arrive in less than a month. Thank God for Amain.

I've talked to my local Hobbytown about the long waits for parts. He says Hobbytown prioritises its website over the stores which makes special orders hard and slow. I got my Kraton from Amain, could have gotten it from the Hobbytown website, but it was unavailable to the stores. First I checked the website for availability, then went to the store to order it. "sorry I can't get 6s Arrmas, they're only sold on our website". 6 months later they are available to the stores. How do ma and pa stores make a living?

Yes you are. My closest is 1hr,40min drive away.
Power hobby(on ebay) has stuffed me around a bit. Now their ghosting me.

Last edited:
You guys in the USA are all lucky. Considering your country is enormous, an LHS in an hours drive is luxury. Here in the Netherlands we can drive from our coast to Germany in about two hours and it still takes me an our and a half to the nearest LHS with a decent assortment.
I order online. Looking for the best deals. I don't care where it has to come from, it's always cheaper than the gas money to go get it myself.

I order online. Looking for the best deals. I don't care where it has to come from, it's always cheaper than the gas money to go get it myself.
Me too. Unfortunately that's the way it is. Postage is cheaper than the cost of fuel to the LHS. If I'm close by I'll visit the hobby shop but usually that's not when I need parts.

You guys in the USA are all lucky. Considering your country is enormous, an LHS in an hours drive is luxury. Here in the Netherlands we can drive from our coast to Germany in about two hours and it still takes me an our and a half to the nearest LHS with a decent assortment.

I'm really not all that far from Horizon Hobby. I need to go that way, anybody ever been?

I'm really not all that far from Horizon Hobby. I need to go that way, anybody ever been?
I'm about an hour away. Tower Hobbies and Horizon Hobby and Omni Models are all there but I'm not sure if you can actually go in and buy anything. Might be worth it to give them a call and see.
Looks like it's time to pack up and move that way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back