I think I'm spoiled, how bout you.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about an hour away. Tower Hobbies and Horizon Hobby and Omni Models are all there but I'm not sure if you can actually go in and buy anything. Might be worth it to give them a call and see.

Looks like it's time to pack up and move that way.

I thought you could? Ill have to look into it.
I know my orders get here darn fast from them. So I've got that going for me.

20230707_040024.jpg

I like using Horizon. If I order early enough I usually get my order next day.

Mine goes past me into st louis and then back this way. Real annoying 🤣
I use st louis as my location but I'm actually about 35 miles into il. Nobody but Kbash has heard of my town 😂

I like using Horizon. If I order early enough I usually get my order next day.
That's unbelievable. If I receive something within a week I'm happy.

Living near St. Louis Have you heard of Mark Twain Hobby? I have ordered from them before also. Maybe they are a walk-in store.

Last edited:
Living in St. Louis Have you heard of Mark Twain Hobby? I have ordered from them before also. Maybe they are a walk-in store.

Oh yeah! Me and my dad went to Mark Twain and Shaefers a ton when I was growing up.
I think I bought my nitro stampede from Mark Twain in 98 when they came out.... it was 1 of those 2 shops.

The closest shop from me is a 45min drive away, depending on traffic can be an hour, but they are very expensive and anything ARRMA they sell out fast so always online for me.

They have an awesome display though, it's good to see the cars IRL i must admit, but hobby shops come and go here and not many last due to online shopping now.

I have 3 model shops within 20 miles of me one of them is more planes and just plastic model kits though

For those of you that prefer online, how do you justify shipping cost?

I need a $6 part shipping is $25, early express (1 business day) is $87.
Shop around

For those of you that prefer online, how do you justify shipping cost?

I need a $6 part shipping is $25, early express (1 business day) is $87.

Buy that part in Bulk..

sadly the one close to me is a bad hobby shop and the one which is good, is 1hour and more away. And I don't have a car or license to drive it. Public transportation is good here but if you have to get things to the shop or buy stuff it gets not easy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back