If you could spend $600 on a new RC Short Track Truck, What would you buy and why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I WISH there was that much around me(Ontario, Canada). There is a "club" in my region with a decent track not too far away that im looking into signing the boys and I up with. Still need more research, but it seems Nitro focused. Basically, I got into this at the wrong time. Covid has everything thrown out of walk. I got into this looking to have quality outdoor time with my son when options became limited. And before it just isn't cool for him to hang with his old man anymore...lol

I hear you. And thats exactly why I point out the noob status. But point taken.
Possibly because of Covid, I'm not getting that full scope of the field(not as many postings?), but Google and Yubtube seem dominated by bashers, road racers, custom builds, and crawlers. With crawlers seemingly having the most interest, parts, models, "clubs" and posts.
We have one the next closest is like 4 or 5 hour drive and ours is just 1/10 indoor off road carpet.

Upgraded New Bright
Untitled.png

Man, I WISH there was that much around me(Ontario, Canada). There is a "club" in my region with a decent track not too far away that im looking into signing the boys and I up with. Still need more research, but it seems Nitro focused. Basically, I got into this at the wrong time. Covid has everything thrown out of walk. I got into this looking to have quality outdoor time with my son when options became limited. And before it just isn't cool for him to hang with his old man anymore...lol
If you build a solid bond with him it'll never be uncool. My daughter just hit 20yrs old. Cant get away from me lol. Want to go on side jobs and uses my OC to literally chase her BF around our neighborhood 🤣😂🤣. Good times man.

I have TARCAR less than a 1/4 mile away and have no interest at all in racing 🤣
I could watch racing once or twice, but anything that becomes two structured, loses it's fun for me. You start dealing with clicks, and who can spend more than who etc. I prefer a good casual bash session with a couple of buddies, or even solo to just unwind. I guess I'm just not the competitive type.

I could watch racing once or twice, but anything that becomes two structured, loses it's fun for me. You start dealing with clicks, and who can spend more than who etc. I prefer a good casual bash session with a couple of buddies, or even solo to just unwind. I guess I'm just not the competitive type.
💯💯💯🤜

I used to race years ago, but i gave up on it. I would much rather just go beat on my cars at a park, or see just how high i can jump them repeatedly before something breaks lol.

If you build a solid bond with him it'll never be uncool. My daughter just hit 20yrs old. Cant get away from me lol. Want to go on side jobs and uses my OC to literally chase her BF around our neighborhood 🤣😂🤣. Good times man.
Damn! My daughter(13) makes her brother and I walk far enough behind her that nobody would suspect she actually has a father and brother on the way to school(when they went to school). The plus side of that is the threat of skipping along DIRECTLY beside her singing Skippity Doo Dah keeps her in line.
I see you're going for the RC speed record!

I don't mind racing .. though I'd much rather have a friendly race than an actual race. I don't mind wide open areas but I also like courses. When there are other vehicles involved in a 'race', you drive quite a bit different.

I don't mind racing .. though I'd much rather have a friendly race than an actual race. I don't mind wide open areas but I also like courses. When there are other vehicles involved in a 'race', you drive quite a bit different.
I can understand that, I would love to play on the tracks, race a few buddies without the hassles of joining an organization or the petty politics that go with.

Damn! My daughter(13) makes her brother and I walk far enough behind her that nobody would suspect she actually has a father and brother on the way to school(when they went to school). The plus side of that is the threat of skipping along DIRECTLY beside her singing Skippity Doo Dah keeps her in line.

I see you're going for the RC speed record!
Took many finger nail paintings 😆😂🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back