Minnesota Is Minnesota an RC desert?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like we have a small group now, COOL can't wait for some nice weather for a meet up bash
text4156-1small.png

What kind of lipo connectors do you use. I bought my kraton used and it came with 2 6s lipos that had xt150 connectors on them. I like them but I also have some 2 and 3s lipos for my other rigs. Could I use xt150s on those too or no? If not, what would be the recommended connector that shouldn't give any issues?
I run the IC5/EC5 in all my rigs. (This is what comes stock in all new arrma rigs)
Nothing wrong with xt150’s they are a high voltage connector. It all depends on if you want to have multiple batteries and cars with different connectors or change the connectors on every new car you buy.
If you don’t like soldering like me you can have the lhs do it for $5 a battery or connector.

That's great to know. I wasnt sure on that. Also, what are some lipo brands that you guys use?

That's great to know. I wasnt sure on that. Also, what are some lipo brands that you guys use?
I run lectron pro, gensacearespammers and smc
Hub hobby carries the lectrons

Xcel might call ya to borrow a few XT150s.

Personally, I like EC5.
Also, what are some lipo brands that you guys use?

I have SMC, HRB and Ovonic. They all work good enough for me.

I will say the SMCs are very well built batteries, certainly the classiest if nothing else.

If you want the best (and it’s not necessary) get the Turnigy Graphene Panthers. They are expensive, heavy, and big AF.

If you want pretty great, Reaction Dynamite are the next step down.

Next down would be SMC. They are lighter than most others, but I suspect they over rate their capacities. My Reactions last longer and both are 5000mah, but to be fair the Reaction is much larger.

I also have gensacearespammers and Ovonics. They are ok for budget packs. You won’t go wrong there, but they are not as powerful as the others.

I’ve also has PowerHobby packs, but didn’t have very good luck with them. Had two and both ended up with dead cells.

Wow. Thank you for all the info and responses I truly appreciate it! Also, is there a way to quickly limit how fast the car can go? My kids always ask me to play and I'm scared to let them run a truck that can go 60 mph and hurt someone.

Wow. Thank you for all the info and responses I truly appreciate it! Also, is there a way to quickly limit how fast the car can go? My kids always ask me to play and I'm scared to let them run a truck that can go 60 mph and hurt someone.
If you have a decent radio, you can turn down the throttle expo for the kids to limit the speed.

If you have a decent radio, you can turn down the throttle expo for the kids to limit the speed.
What would be a decent radio. My kraton has the tacit unit and my TRX models have their standard controllers. I do have a futaba 4pv and a spectrum dx4c that I can use as well but not sure what cars to put those in.

What would be a decent radio. My kraton has the tacit unit and my TRX models have their standard controllers. I do have a futaba 4pv and a spectrum dx4c that I can use as well but not sure what cars to put those in.
Either of the Futaba or Spektrum would be great. Both have plenty of throttle settings.

Here’s my newest little project (pun intended) ?
I just dropped a brushless motor in the mini-t 2.0
It’s a completely different animal now! ?
Perfect for in the house fun!

25C19B9B-45E8-4AAF-A5E1-232073758907.jpeg

That's awesome! Been looking at those for a while! They pretty nice?
They are great right out of the box but I wanted more power! ?
I can’t wait too get home every night so I can jump it in my basement. With the new motor it just about jumps over my head ?

Do you have an indoor track or what? Haha
Kinda, I made I bunch of jumps out of pizza and shoe boxes and I have a decent size finished basement to play in.
I would totally recommend getting one. They really don’t need that much room to run and your son would love it! They have them in stock at hub hobby in Richfield, I know they are on back order from HH and overpriced on eBay. It’s the perfect solution for winter bashing blues. ?

Last edited:
Kinda, I made I bunch of jumps out of pizza and shoe boxes and I have a decent size finished basement to play in.
I would totally recommend getting one. They really don’t need that much room to run and your son would love it! They have them in stock at hub hobby in Richfield, I know they are on back order from HH and overpriced on eBay. It’s the perfect solution for winter bashing blues. ?
How's the reliability of it? Does it go pretty quick?

How's the reliability of it? Does it go pretty quick?
It’s tough as hell! The only issue is the front control arms... The stock set lasted quite a while before they broke, but HH has an updated set they will send you for free when they break.
It’s pretty quick right out of the box. However with this hobbywing A1 Kit it’s almost too fast if that’s possible ? Now I can barely touch the throttle and it rips!
I also found a hack for the servo to make it turn better. If you put a zip tie on the servo saver it really tightens up the turn radius.

Only other thing I should maybe mention is if you upgrade the motor and esc you need a new receiver and radio. Because you won’t be able to use the stock stuff anymore. Which was perfect for me because I wanted to use my Nobel NB4 with a antennaless rx. ?
Like said tho it’s great fun just keeping it stock.

Last edited:
It’s tough as hell! The only issue is the front control arms... The stock set lasted quite a while before they broke, but HH has an updated set they will send you for free when they break.
It’s pretty quick right out of the box. However with this hobbywing A1 Kit it’s almost too fast if that’s possible ? Now I can barely touch the throttle and it rips!
I also found a hack for the servo to make it turn better. If you put a zip tie on the servo saver it really tightens up the turn radius.

Only other thing I should maybe mention is if you upgrade the motor and esc you need a new receiver and radio. Because you won’t be able to use the stock stuff anymore. Which was perfect for me because I wanted to use my Nobel NB4 with a wireless rx. ?
Like said tho it’s great fun just keeping it stock.
I'll have to give them a call and see what they have!

Do you do the wrenching yourself on your cars? I do on mine - wondering if you guys use an electric screwdriver with speed bits or just manual screwdriver? Looking to go electric to speed up the process a bit.

I'll have to give them a call and see what they have!

Do you do the wrenching yourself on your cars? I do on mine - wondering if you guys use an electric screwdriver with speed bits or just manual screwdriver? Looking to go electric to speed up the process a bit.
I definitely do all my own wrenching that’s half the fun! Only thing I’m not proficient at or care to do is soldering... ?‍♂️
As for the power driver I just picked up a Milwaukee M12 but it’s a little on the heavy and larger side. If I had to do it over again, I would probably get the hitachi which is now metabo.
Like this ⬇️
https://www.amazon.com/Metabo-HPT-C...&qid=1578770453&sprefix=metabo+power+s&sr=8-4

Back