Granite Just made a long CVD for Granite with Typhon RPM arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noob question but how much power is typically getting sent to the fronts/rears in say a BRCC for example? If I was to make one pair of these CVD's for just the rear would that be decent, or will I just start blowing front driveshafts all the time?

Noob question but how much power is typically getting sent to the fronts/rears in say a BRCC for example? If I was to make one pair of these CVD's for just the rear would that be decent, or will I just start blowing front driveshafts all the time?
With the slipper setup, actual rotation of front and rear is equal, so theoretically same "power" is being sent to front and rears....BUT....when under power the front is much lighter (and most time off the ground) so much less force on the front drivetrain.

Rears only will probably be fine to go with. If doing big jumps, just be careful landing on front under power and should be fine.

Thanks, that's what I figured. I've blown a rear three times, never blown a front. With our stupid exchange rate in Canada I ordered the stuff to make one pair for now. Thanks.

I have the BRCC V3 and keep blowing the left rear. Hopefully they come up with a CVD for us. I have the slipper at 2 turns out but at this point the U joint is just really weak.

I have the BRCC V3 and keep blowing the left rear. Hopefully they come up with a CVD for us. I have the slipper at 2 turns out but at this point the U joint is just really weak.
If staying on 3s, the stock Arrma CVD set should work just fine.

I upgraded to the for scbd axles with the 4S rear hub carriers you got to do a little bit of modification but it works and will never have to worry about those breaking again

16350992835065321097717471241182.jpg

163509971750363412470202174956.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome man. Looks good. You should get some steel turnbuckles for that thing!
Definitely
If staying on 3s, the stock Arrma CVD set should work just fine.
Yea for the most part
Definitely

Yea for the most part
But once they come lose they r trash they will just keep popping out. Drove the granite today since I put it together seems like I won't have that issue again. Lol but now that's stronger what else is going to give

Definitely

Yea for the most part

But once they come lose they r trash they will just keep popping out. Drove the granite today since I put it together seems like I won't have that issue again. Lol but now that's stronger what else is going to give
Diffs. You have steel diff and input gear? If not, the input gear is next to go. Keep an eye on it. Go to metal yokes at the least to stop flex of the yoke which will mess with the mesh and strip the input.

Yeah. I have the 17mm hex conversion using the M2C adapters. I like the setup of those compared to the HR ones. Only a 5mm extension also via the double hex nut you can see in the pic.

View attachment 134228
I think I could use the Kraton CVD axle end with the 17mm hex, but would need to find a 8x12x4mm bearing for the outer hub piece. Stock granite and Typhon is 6x12x4mm. Kraton is 8x16x5mm. Need the 12mm outer dia with 8mm inner dia to fit the Kraton axle and the Granite hub.

Diffs. You have steel diff and input gear? If not, the input gear is next to go. Keep an eye on it. Go to metal yokes at the least to stop flex of the yoke which will mess with the mesh and strip the input.
OH yea bro this thing is built, this place sells 8x12x3.5

1635122914179561455879496683971.jpg

What is it used for
I bought a 30 mm wild turbo fan and that came with it and that does not explain what to use it for and I can't find nothing on it
What is it used for

I bought a 30 mm wild turbo fan and that came with it and that does not explain what to use it for and I can't find nothing on it
I know dang well it don't go over the top of the fan it'll stop the air from coming in

I bought some custom drive lines from a guy on ebay its called rc mad labz. He sales traxxas max 4s drive lines that he had made custom adjustments to them and sales them on ebay $40 a set I've had them now on 4s and no problem check them out. Rc mad labz ebay .
Crazy, yeah I was even looking at the GPM ones and they claim they fit but I was thinking there is absolutely no way lol. I guess I'll just keep a few OEM spares kicking around.
Rc mad labz on ebay he sales modification driveline axles that were for the max 4s he made fit typhon vortex granite bigrock $40.0 a set.

Last edited:
Looked for him. Can’t find him.
I bought some custom drive lines from a guy on ebay its called rc mad labz. He sales traxxas max 4s drive lines that he had made custom adjustments to them and sales them on ebay $40 a set I've had them now on 4s and no problem check them out. Rc mad labz ebay .

Rc mad labz on ebay he sales modification driveline axles that were for the max 4s he made fit typhon vortex granite bigrock $40.0 a set.

I have stock maxx drive shafts. Gonna see how he did it.

Last edited:
One quick question to HZRDOS or anyone else: I ordered all the pieces to make these separately. There is only one grub screw per side in the parts I ordered. Looking where the driveshaft connects to the diff is there supposed to be two grub screws per CVD? (like 2 on the left and 2 on the right?

20210317_200852.jpg

Last edited:
One quick question to HZRDOS or anyone else: I ordered all the pieces to make these separately. There is only one grub screw per side in the parts I ordered. Looking where the driveshaft connects to the diff is there supposed to be two grub screws per CVD? (like 2 on the left and 2 on the right?

View attachment 185993
No as you'll notice the splined outdrives, if that's the correct name lol, from the diffs have only one hole for the grub screw to sit in. Here's a pic👍🏼
20211214_132556.jpg

Back