KnowAir's SCT410.3 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So uh.. I know I said I wasn't going to borrow from Pete to pay Paul..but I just couldn't help myself. I put the HW electronics in last night, swapped the A block from the MT410 into the sct tonight. I just had to try the HW combo!!😁🤣🤪
It was already getting dark, so not able to really stretch it's legs. Very similar to the vxl, maybe a tad more on the big end, I couldn't really keep it straight, that could be a bad thing with so many trees around the track?
Edit, yes, that is hot glue holding the wires in place..🤭😔
Patience is NOT my virtue! LOL

20220920_191343.jpg

20220920_191321.jpg

Last edited:
I got a good rip in today with the HW combo, I should clarify this is not a actual HW combo per say..the esc is def an rtr max 10 120a, the motor however, not sure. Guess what, I don't care!! HaHa, it rips! Def more top end than it had with the vxl combo. A handful at full throttle.. not sure where I might use 4s in this thing TBH. Keep in mind, my track is really the only place I run and it's pretty small so.
I guess I failed to get my bro on board for now..he just bought a second e revo 2.0😠
Obviously I'm happy for him, and do think it's a nice rig, but c'mon bro! Really!?🤣🤣

I got a good rip in today with the HW combo, I should clarify this is not a actual HW combo per say..the esc is def an rtr max 10 120a, the motor however, not sure. Guess what, I don't care!! HaHa, it rips! Def more top end than it had with the vxl combo. A handful at full throttle.. not sure where I might use 4s in this thing TBH. Keep in mind, my track is really the only place I run and it's pretty small so.
I guess I failed to get my bro on board for now..he just bought a second e revo 2.0😠
Obviously I'm happy for him, and do think it's a nice rig, but c'mon bro! Really!?🤣🤣
A second revo...??? I don't understand why people get a second RC of the same type?? I see people with multiple kratons and I'm like, why?? Do you drive one then go out and drive the other? You could have bought and tried several other RCs instead :LOL:

A second revo...??? I don't understand why people get a second RC of the same type?? I see people with multiple kratons and I'm like, why?? Do you drive one then go out and drive the other? You could have bought and tried several other RCs instead :LOL:
Once you have a bunch though it's fun to have dups for parts, for company to use, to eff around with, etc. I have 2 Typhons. 1 is about to get stretched for road use only and the other is getting bashified right now.

I want to get another Senton for my track. Mine runs great on it and as you know, we love bangin' these scts together, jockeying for position!! :p
:LOL:😁✌️

But yeah, if you only got 1 or 2 rigs, keep diversifying. Don't buy the same sh!t. Lol I want 1 of each genre, if you will. Got 3 road (Typhon/Mini-infrac/Felony), 4 sct (Redcat 🙄, Senton, Slash 2wd Vxl 3s, Tekno-in a box) 1 trick pony Noto6s!-Love him!), a wheelie-er/yard runner (Big Foot- Vxl 3s-he's fragile-lol) and just 1 Basher-Typhon-in the works.

Gonna get a trail runner, Kraton6s, Mojave and a Vorteks. Maybe the Tekno MT, after we see how this build goes. ;)

Once you have a bunch though it's fun to have dups for parts, for company to use, to eff around with, etc. I have 2 Typhons. 1 is about to get stretched for road use only and the other is getting bashified right now.

I want to get another Senton for my track. Mine runs great on it and as you know, we love bangin' these scts together, jockeying for position!! :p

But yeah, if you only got 1 or 2 rigs, keep diversifying. Don't buy the same sh!t. Lol I want 1 of each genre, if you will. Got 3 road (Typhon/Mini-infrac/Felony), 4 sct (Redcat 🙄, Senton, Slash 2wd Vxl 3s, Tekno-in a box) 1 trick pony Noto6s!-Love him!), a wheelie-er/yard runner (Big Foot- Vxl 3s-he's fragile-lol) and just 1 Basher-Typhon-in the works.

Gonna get a trail runner, Kraton6s, Mojave and a Vorteks. Maybe the Tekno MT, after we see how this build goes. ;)
I agree, nothing wrong with having 2 of something, but I prefer to diversify myself..
I'm waiting on the Typhon 6s to be on sale..then turn it into a 6s Senton, then run it on 4s for longevity!!🤣🤣

Fair enough! That's true, if I had extra it would be alot easier to have friends/family drive, and if they were the same truck it would give it a race aspect.

You mean to tell me you have a tekno SCT in box and you haven't started building it????

You mean to tell me you have a tekno SCT in box and you haven't started building it????
Lol...yeah, that's why I said the other day that u all are Killin me with this awesome thread!! 😂 I bought too many rigs at one time and have been trying to get to them all. I'm gonna try and get it done and some laps on the track with it before it gets too cold.

Lol...yeah, that's why I said the other day that u all are Killin me with this awesome thread!! 😂 I bought too many rigs at one time and have been trying to get to them all. I'm gonna try and get it done and some laps on the track with it before it gets too cold.
I did read that in your post the other day.. I thought wow, this guy has what I need more of..patience! LOL!
Then I thought, winter project!? Took me like 2 days,LOL!!🤣🤣🍻
I know, everyone's life is different. My wife and I are within a couple weeks of being empty nesters (again)..🤣🤣🍻

I did read that in your post the other day.. I thought wow, this guy has what I need more of..patience! LOL!
Then I thought, winter project!? Took me like 2 days,LOL!!🤣🤣🍻
I know, everyone's life is different. My wife and I are within a couple weeks of being empty nesters (again)..🤣🤣🍻
Lol...it's easier to be patient when you have a bunch of other new toys to play with too!! 😂 I had to prioritize. 😁

Congrats on the empty nesting!! Mine are 10 and 13, so a ways to go. 🙄:p And their sports and school stuff is taking up a lot of time. I miss no school/sports summer already!! 😂

Lol...it's easier to be patient when you have a bunch of other new toys to play with too!! 😂 I had to prioritize. 😁

Congrats on the empty nesting!! Mine are 10 and 13, so a ways to go. 🙄:p And their sports and school stuff is taking up a lot of time. I miss no school/sports summer already!! 😂
I hear ya! "Don't blink" cuz before ya know it, they're all growd up!! Then, ur JD.."just dad", LOL 🍻

If someone asked me what my favorite Arrma is , it would be the Senton 6s , tightly followed by the Talion .
Yeah, I do like the Talion for sure, probably the one rig I'm jealous of out of my brother's collection..
I do like the mojave, but it's a bit clumsy feeling on my track. Better suited to bigger spaces IMO. I need to diversify my bash spots to better make use of my stuff.. I just hate lugging everything around. At home, everything is right there. I'm not sounding old or lazy right? LOL

I really enjoyed this thread. Was a great build thread one of the more entertaining ones and the way you built it is how I do also. Realistic in a budget lol. I also built a Sct this summer no wonder they were out of stock for a bit seems everyone is buying one I went with the max10 Sct as well and a 3660 3200kv motor. It gets the job done on 3S. Have not tried 4S but want to, might throw a lower kv motor that would be acceptable for that. I used Duratrax Posse tires and a Proline flowtek body it turned out nice.

The Talion would be the next Arrma I buy I think also. Had a V2 a while ago got me back into rc and my first 6S car. I was shocked by it then.
Nah, we'll still be here to pester you :p

This is good to hear! Straight flying MTs are cool and all, but nothing beats the looks of a smooth sailing SCT off a jump. It's got that super realistic look to it which is really part of the reason why people like SCTs. So satisfying!
I know these are 1/5 scale, but this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about!
O man I want a 1/5 Sct bad. And ya it is the realistic look is why I started to love them. They look good driving around or sitting on a shelf.

I really enjoyed this thread. Was a great build thread one of the more entertaining ones and the way you built it is how I do also. Realistic in a budget lol. I also built a Sct this summer no wonder they were out of stock for a bit seems everyone is buying one I went with the max10 Sct as well and a 3660 3200kv motor. It gets the job done on 3S. Have not tried 4S but want to, might throw a lower kv motor that would be acceptable for that. I used Duratrax Posse tires and a Proline flowtek body it turned out nice.

The Talion would be the next Arrma I buy I think also. Had a V2 a while ago got me back into rc and my first 6S car. I was shocked by it then.

O man I want a 1/5 Sct bad. And ya it is the realistic look is why I started to love them. They look good driving around or sitting on a shelf.
Thanks, I appreciate that. TBH, I'm kinda bummed it went together soo quickly. LOL.. I wanted to savor it, but the kid in me wanted it done NOW!!🤣🤣
I was on the fence over motor choice.. I thought I would really be running 4s( and will at some point) but now realize that these things don't need it for practical use. Ultimately, the deciding factor was price, then versatility (4s).
Was also hoping to coax my brother into getting a slash, being he's a big TRX fan..then I'd really know how they stack up .. inside, I know the Tekno is the better rig..maybe it's the sibling rivalry that I wanted to rub it in his face,LOL, IDK.
I will say though, that this Tekno has got me jonesing for more sct rigs!! Maybe I screwed myself by building the best already!? I know, the Losi is the track king..so, maybe down the line I'll build one, not sure. Perhaps a Losi with proper electronics specs for racing? Sounds expensive.🤔😁
Gotta get my bro on board tho for sure.

We run EVERYTHING on the track at my place, from 1/10 to Xmaxx. Obviously some are better suited than others. The mojave just needs to be stiffened up I think, it rolls over (suspension) in the turns and wallows too much overall. I put the stiffest option springs Arrma offers on, along with 80 weight oil, just not getting there. Think 80 weight is going in the wrong direction though. It needs front diff work now, it's binding up pretty bad, internals "look" good, IDK. Might get a complete diff from JRC and throw it in.
Stiffen/thicker front sway bar or soften/thinner rear sway bar, to control some of that traction rolling. This can help also. Remember that the Mojo is very top heavy. High Cof G. Body, weighs a ton. So stiffer springs can work against you at some point. Only so much you can do. Adapting driving to suit is all you can do in many cases. Lowering the chassis also helps. Brings C of G down a bit.
Having fun is what matters. :)

Stiffen/thicker front sway bar or soften/thinner rear sway bar, to control some of that traction rolling. This can help also. Remember that the Mojo is very top heavy. High Cof G. Body, weighs a ton. So stiffer springs can work against you at some point. Only so much you can do. Adapting driving to suit is all you can do in many cases. Lowering the chassis also helps. Brings C of G down a bit.
Having fun is what matters. :)
Oh yeah, win, lose or draw..Fun is always had👍😎
I'll get it figured out. But yes, that body is crazy heavy. Perhaps I should scrape the mud off? I'm kidding, it fell off on it's own,LOL.
The mojave is due for a thorough rehab..good winter project.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back