KnowAir's SCT410.3 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed this thread. Was a great build thread one of the more entertaining ones and the way you built it is how I do also. Realistic in a budget lol. I also built a Sct this summer no wonder they were out of stock for a bit seems everyone is buying one I went with the max10 Sct as well and a 3660 3200kv motor. It gets the job done on 3S. Have not tried 4S but want to, might throw a lower kv motor that would be acceptable for that. I used Duratrax Posse tires and a Proline flowtek body it turned out nice.

The Talion would be the next Arrma I buy I think also. Had a V2 a while ago got me back into rc and my first 6S car. I was shocked by it then.

O man I want a 1/5 Sct bad. And ya it is the realistic look is why I started to love them. They look good driving around or sitting on a shelf.
How do you like the flo-tek body?

I like the idea of reducing parachuting but from a primarily bashing perspective, would it stand the test of time: rollovers, somersaults, roof landings? Or is it better to just get a bashing body for that?

I really enjoyed this thread. Was a great build thread one of the more entertaining ones and the way you built it is how I do also. Realistic in a budget lol. I also built a Sct this summer no wonder they were out of stock for a bit seems everyone is buying one I went with the max10 Sct as well and a 3660 3200kv motor. It gets the job done on 3S. Have not tried 4S but want to, might throw a lower kv motor that would be acceptable for that. I used Duratrax Posse tires and a Proline flowtek body it turned out nice.

The Talion would be the next Arrma I buy I think also. Had a V2 a while ago got me back into rc and my first 6S car. I was shocked by it then.

O man I want a 1/5 Sct bad. And ya it is the realistic look is why I started to love them. They look good driving around or sitting on a shelf.
Did you make a build thread on it? I'd love to read it. Sounds like a nice build. Like I said, I wanted 4s capability, which is why I went with the lower kv. I was concerned about heat issues going over say 3000kv, I beleive 2600 is perfect for mine. Still got the 20t pinion and temps are minimal on 3s thus far. Summer could require a fan, we'll see next year.

How do you like the flo-tek body?

I like the idea of reducing parachuting but from a primarily bashing perspective, would it stand the test of time: rollovers, somersaults, roof landings? Or is it better to just get a bashing body for that?
I have this body, I find it good but to be honest I have no comparison with another body as this is my first SCT..

IMG_4483 2.jpeg

I have this body, I find it good but to be honest I have no comparison with another body as this is my first SCT..

View attachment 245220
I guess the real question is: is it fragile? Does it start cracking after the first or second hit like some RTR bodies do?
Did you make a build thread on it? I'd love to read it. Sounds like a nice build. Like I said, I wanted 4s capability, which is why I went with the lower kv. I was concerned about heat issues going over say 3000kv, I beleive 2600 is perfect for mine. Still got the 20t pinion and temps are minimal on 3s thus far. Summer could require a fan, we'll see next year.
I'll let you know about temps when i get my kit together--comes monday! (hopefully servo arrives shortly thereafter...) I'm putting in the 3200kv motor from my big rock and going straight to 4s!

I guess the real question is: is it fragile? Does it start cracking after the first or second hit like some RTR bodies do?

I'll let you know about temps when i get my kit together--comes monday! (hopefully servo arrives shortly thereafter...) I'm putting in the 3200kv motor from my big rock and going straight to 4s!
Woot Woot! I'm excited for ya bud!! I'm already sub'd!!😎😉

Thanks, I appreciate that. TBH, I'm kinda bummed it went together soo quickly. LOL.. I wanted to savor it, but the kid in me wanted it done NOW!!🤣🤣
I was on the fence over motor choice.. I thought I would really be running 4s( and will at some point) but now realize that these things don't need it for practical use. Ultimately, the deciding factor was price, then versatility (4s).
Was also hoping to coax my brother into getting a slash, being he's a big TRX fan..then I'd really know how they stack up .. inside, I know the Tekno is the better rig..maybe it's the sibling rivalry that I wanted to rub it in his face,LOL, IDK.
I will say though, that this Tekno has got me jonesing for more sct rigs!! Maybe I screwed myself by building the best already!? I know, the Losi is the track king..so, maybe down the line I'll build one, not sure. Perhaps a Losi with proper electronics specs for racing? Sounds expensive.🤔😁
Gotta get my bro on board tho for sure.

Hey Knowair , I'll break mine down for you when I bought it and built for racing and what it cost me :
1) Losi SCTE 3.0 , current price $479 , when I bought it $410
2) Tekin RX8 Gen 3 ESC $200
3) Hobbywing 3660 4300kv $80
4) Savox 1258 $75
5) New Wave 7.6v 8000mah 100c large pack $100
6) Proline Pinpoints $25 pair x 2 $50
7) Proline +3 offset rims $20 pair x 2 $40
8) Sanwa MT-S radio $220
9) Mylaps transponder $90
10) TLR heavier springs $25 = $1,290

This is the big stuff , there is numerous small $$$'s spent ( diff fluid / wire / bullet connectors /paint for body/ etc )
This thing rips on only 2s !!!! It is spotless cause it's only been on carpet and turf !!!! BTW , this was the camera car ( truck ) in my video , LOL !!!
My 2wd SC6.1 build cost is not far behind this !!!!

IMG_5554.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Knowair , I'll break mine down for you when I bought it and built for racing and what it cost me :
1) Losi SCTE 3.0 , current price $479 , when I bought it $410
2) Tekin RX8 Gen 3 ESC $200
3) Hobbywing 3660 4300kv $80
4) Savox 1258 $75
5) New Wave 7.6v 8000mah 100c large pack $100
6) Proline Pinpoints $25 pair x 2 $50
7) Proline +3 offset rims $20 pair x 2 $40
8) Sanwa MT-S radio $220
9) Mylaps transponder $90
10) TLR heavier springs $25 = $1,290

This is the big stuff , there is numerous small $$$'s spent ( diff fluid / wire / bullet connectors /paint for body/ etc )
This thing rips on only 2s !!!! It is spotless cause it's only been on carpet and turf !!!! BTW , this was the camera car ( truck ) in my video , LOL !!!
My 2wd SC6.1 build cost is not far behind this !!!!

View attachment 245237
Wow! Sweet build(s)!!
You know, maybe I won't build a race spec'd Losi🤔🤣🤣
That's some serious loot!!
I honestly could see myself doing it, but only if I find a place worthy to run them.
Thanks for uh "enlightening " me👍🍻

Yup , even at my LHS raceway , SCT is dead ( 2wd and 4wd ) , the only time they run them is when our crew shows up . Now I only go there to run laps with a good friend with his 2 and 4wd SCT's . Actually ,..... I'm going Saturday , we're gonna run the 4wd's on the outdoor big turf track and our 2wd's on the indoor carpet track , will do some filming .
Also, only run my 2wd at trophy races when they have them as maybe 5-6 SCT's show up . Racing is a lot of fun , get a couple of your friends to build them with you and just race amongst yourselves .

Yup , even at my LHS raceway , SCT is dead ( 2wd and 4wd ) , the only time they run them is when our crew shows up . Now I only go there to run laps with a good friend with his 2 and 4wd SCT's . Actually ,..... I'm going Saturday , we're gonna run the 4wd's on the outdoor big turf track and our 2wd's on the indoor carpet track , will do some filming .
Also, only run my 2wd at trophy races when they have them as maybe 5-6 SCT's show up . Racing is a lot of fun , get a couple of your friends to build them with you and just race amongst yourselves .
Damn..that's a shame. I'll admit, I haven't even truly looked into what all may be happening around my area.. Based on the lack of hobby shops and never actually seeing anyone run an rc except myself and my brother, I'm not very hopeful. I have done a quick search on bookface, but boy, I hate social media (forums don't apply😁)..

Well, I spoke with a few people and was told to re-enforce the body in certain places before hand if you want to bash it..!! I'd say if you were using it for racing it would be totally tough enough 😉
Forgot to take pic's when I first finished it of the inside, will update here later, for now here's a pic of the mesh vents 😎
This is re-enforced fiber mesh, which I painted yellow before fitting, the same stuff is shoe goo'd in the fragile parts of the body..(y)

IMG_4171.jpeg

@King blitz I guess I didn't realize there were no actual picks of my sct410 here..🤷‍♂️🤣
She's not much to look at IMO but, here's what I have.. this body is pretty beat up already but the fit was pretty much perfect (TRX slash body). I recently painted up a body for my TC kronos since I broke the original in half about a month ago jumping snowbanks. I just used what I had on hand, which is typical of the impatient person that I am.. I pretty impressed with how it turned out! May become my signature color, Goldmember, LOL. 🤷‍♂️🍻🤣🤣

20220914_095907.jpg

20220914_100051.jpg

20220914_095948.jpg

20220914_140822.jpg

20220920_191321.jpg

20230212_140716.jpg

20230212_140927.jpg

@King blitz I guess I didn't realize there were no actual picks of my sct410 here..🤷‍♂️🤣
She's not much to look at IMO but, here's what I have.. this body is pretty beat up already but the fit was pretty much perfect (TRX slash body). I recently painted up a body for my TC kronos since I broke the original in half about a month ago jumping snowbanks. I just used what I had on hand, which is typical of the impatient person that I am.. I pretty impressed with how it turned out! May become my signature color, Goldmember, LOL. 🤷‍♂️🍻🤣🤣

View attachment 281942

View attachment 281943

View attachment 281944

View attachment 281945

View attachment 281946

View attachment 281947

View attachment 281948
Bro those are really nice ..the white and black fox cover is sweet ..😍stands out big time . awesome build 👍 I don't mind the gold color but the black and white just catches my eye .keep building brotha awesome job

Also bought a set of Jconcepts choppers and hazard wheels for it, thanks @BashingBrian for the tip👍. Started life with a TRX 3s system from a Hoss, which worked very well. Then got a generic max 10 system with 3670 motor. They are pretty close on 3s performance wise, but the max 10 gives me 4s capability. Just in case I wanna get silly with it.😎

20221007_102032.jpg

20221007_102043.jpg

Also bought a set of Jconcepts choppers and hazard wheels for it, thanks @BashingBrian for the tip👍. Started life with a TRX 3s system from a Hoss, which worked very well. Then got a generic max 10 system with 3670 motor. They are pretty close on 3s performance wise, but the max 10 gives me 4s capability. Just in case I wanna get silly with it.😎

View attachment 281949

View attachment 281950
They look like they hold up well..Im not really familiar with anything that has to do with off roading.lol I'm toatly clueless.im a on road kind of guy and I've allways been in love with street machines.i love the looks and the speed👍😁 .but I still admire what people do to their off road rigs .and enjoy what you all do your rigs.👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back