KRATON EXB 1/5 scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't heard of that do you have a link? I'm not seeing 1/5 scale from them
Correct. They don't make large scale servos.
retail At least for consumer use. They do make servos for US military spec., drone applications. Probably not available. If so probably not cost effective for RC use.

Nothing but hate on that thread😑
Well when you pay for a full option roller you shouldn't be given a couple things and expect to pay almost $300 on top of the $700 to call it an exb

Well when you pay for a full option roller you shouldn't be given a couple things and expect to pay almost $300 on top of the $700 to call it an exb
We'll see tomorrow when mine shows up! I'm going to have a blast regardless. Some people disagree with a bunch of aluminum. I believe arrma put it together with balance and leaves it up to you to go over the T.O.P.
We'll see tomorrow when mine shows up! I'm going to have a blast regardless. Some people disagree with a bunch of aluminum. I believe arrma put it together with balance and leaves it up to you to go over the T.O.P.
If they left it up to the complainers, everything would be 7075 even the body! 😖🤣🤣🤣The line has to be drawn somewhere. Some people are never happy, I don't have time to be miserable! Enjoy life homie

Last edited:
Ok look at it this way. The k8 is $900 new. To buy the electronics at say wholesale prices is $375 for everything so now you have a $575 roller. They throw $50 at it and call it an exb roller when for it to be an exb you have to spend another $300 in exb parts for it to be an exb. It is labeled as a full option roller... FULL OPTION...
They pulled the blanket over our eyes on this one..

What if people who bought the K6 exb found out after they had to pay extra for the exb diffs???

We just bought a mustang cobra with a v6 for the same price as a v8.. I got sucked into as well. Mine will be here next week.

I been in this hobby a couple decades and every line has it's own version of rollers...
Take losi. You buy an rtr sure it is an rtr. When you put the TLR version it has every single TLR part. You buy an exb and you get 2 exb parts and have to pay for 9 others??? At least give us half of them.

Ok look at it this way. The k8 is $900 new. To buy the electronics at say wholesale prices is $375 for everything so now you have a $575 roller. They throw $50 at it and call it an exb roller when for it to be an exb you have to spend another $300 in exb parts for it to be an exb. It is labeled as a full option roller... FULL OPTION...
They pulled the blanket over our eyes on this one..

What if people who bought the K6 exb found out after they had to pay extra for the exb diffs???

We just bought a mustang cobra with a v6 for the same price as a v8.. I got sucked into as well. Mine will be here next week.

I been in this hobby a couple decades and every line has it's own version of rollers...
Take losi. You buy an rtr sure it is an rtr. When you put the TLR version it has every single TLR part. You buy an exb and you get 2 exb parts and have to pay for 9 others??? At least give us half of them.
I hear everything your say but it's bigger than that. Can we agree this is an expensive hobby we chose? So I'm not going to cry about a few hundred that's nothing to me should I see the upgrades neccessary. I like to put stuff together the way I want so rollers and kits appeal to me. Not to mention this maybe the best truck ever but it's too soon to tell, they might have worked out all the previous bugs on this one like all the little silly stuff people forget about🤷🏾‍♂️ $700 for a 1/5 I'm ok with that clearly you are too lol and let's just keep it funky, it's beautiful! Black body with this graphics! Forget about it!

I hear everything your say but it's bigger than that. Can we agree this is an expensive hobby we chose? So I'm not going to cry about a few hundred that's nothing to me should I see the upgrades neccessary. I like to put stuff together the way I want so rollers and kits appeal to me. Not to mention this maybe the best truck ever but it's too soon to tell, they might have worked out all the previous bugs on this one like all the little silly stuff people forget about🤷🏾‍♂️ $700 for a 1/5 I'm ok with that clearly you are too lol and let's just keep it funky, it's beautiful! Black body with this graphics! Forget about it!
I am being very diplomatic here... we paid $700 for a rig that should have been $625 sir. That's the price difference in parts removed to parts installed. I get the hobby being expensive. I have probably $30k-$40k spent in the last year.
But I am no fool that's for sure.

I am being very diplomatic here... we paid $700 for a rig that should have been $625 sir. That's the price difference in parts removed to parts installed. I get the hobby being expensive. I have probably $30k-$40k spent in the last year.
But I am no fool that's for sure.
🤣I agree $625 would have been nice and that's where I wanted to be but I wasn't going to let $75 stop me. I also received 35k points from horizon that gave $85 off a $225 servo so I feel like I'm winning😁 I just have a different outlook on life my friend. I do what I like and I don't what I don't. No worries 😎
🤣I agree $625 would have been nice and that's where I wanted to be but I wasn't going to let $75 stop me. I also received 35k points from horizon that gave $85 off a $225 servo so I feel like I'm winning😁 I just have a different outlook on life my friend. I do what I like and I don't what I don't. No worries 😎
I'm 37 and I've gained a very zen like approach to life. It took me 34 years to find it lol but hey🤷🏾‍♂️ I feel good

I just fear this new path for them. This is what traxxas did years ago and well. They just care about money. Arrma is known for listening to us and giving report. Our voices got a little softer today unfortunately. And fyi m2c has better parts and better pricing. What servo did you decide to go with? The spectrum HV I am assuming if it was from horizon.

I just fear this new path for them. This is what traxxas did years ago and well. They just care about money. Arrma is known for listening to us and giving report. Our voices got a little softer today unfortunately. And fyi m2c has better parts and better pricing. What servo did you decide to go with? The spectrum HV I am assuming if it was from horizon.
Yeah it was the spektrum S9110BL (985oz torque 7.4v)pretty nice I wanted the S9120BL but I thought about it too long and when I came back it was sold out.

Yeah it was the spektrum S9110BL (985oz torque 7.4v)pretty nice I wanted the S9120BL but I thought about it too long and when I came back it was sold out.
I was looking at that same one myself actually lol

^^^This

Regarding Servos, when it comes to large scale servos, limited choices. 🤷‍♂️

If they left it up to the complainers, everything would be 7075 even the body! 😖🤣🤣🤣The line has to be drawn somewhere. Some people are never happy, I don't have time to be miserable! Enjoy life homie
Your a funny dude.
How many Armma's do you own.?

Last edited:
6mm shock shafts? I wonder if these will bend like the ones on my O8S when I don't get a 20ft+ landing right and it tumbles. I'll see. If they are stronger and better than the regular shocks I'm assuming that I can buy these shocks for my O8S later.

6mm shock shafts? I wonder if these will bend like the ones on my O8S when I don't get a 20ft+ landing right and it tumbles. I'll see. If they are stronger and better than the regular shocks I'm assuming that I can buy these shocks for my O8S later.
Yeah if they don't hit back order for a few months. You and everyone else will be doing the same thing

^^^This

Regarding Servos, when it comes to large scale servos, limited choices. 🤷‍♂️

Your a funny dude.
How many Armma's do you own.?
I have 4 🤔
It's absolutely beautiful ✊🏽

Attachments

• 20210306_130741.jpg
    20210306_130741.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
And it looks to me like it's going to have some of the same weak points as the regular K8S = driveshafts, wing mount, lower control arms. I sure hope that the shock rod ends don't break too easily and that the shock shafts stay straight on jumps and tumbles. My biggest issues with my O8S has been rear driveshafts bending, shock shafts bending (frt and rear), lower front control arms (I've yet to break a rear lower one). But like I have mentioned many times, I'm sending this thing 20ft+ into the air and landing on the concrete sometimes. I'm still impressed that my chassis is slightly bent in some places. Diffs are SOLID. So not much to complain about from my perspective. Hehe.

People complain but you gotta give people their flowers while they're here. Big shout out to Arrma for the properly filled diffs, they're stepping their game up!💪🏽✊🏽
Lmao that made my day. Properly filled diffs😂 mine got pushed by fed ex till tomorrow 😭

Yeah if they don't hit back order for a few months. You and everyone else will be doing the same things
Screw it. I ordered one. I'm thinking about just stealing the shocks body and tires from the EXB and slapping them on my Outcast 8s since I have it tuned to my liking. I might just do that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back