Kraton Lets see pics of your Kraton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was it before. But big upgrades are being done to it now. I have jbi towers now and some other goodies. I have it completely torn down and all the parts stripped of their coatings in preparation for anodizing them. New avid bearings will be here any day. Boca ceramics in the motor now, and fully updated electronic system for my fpv thanks to huge help from @Lovestricken and @SrC. All custom wraped cables. And soon to be custom painted body from @Ajag. Wait till you see what we got planned for that and the noto body, I think it will be the best one yet.

P_20200912_213227_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20200825_095119_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20200919_201330.jpg

P_20200909_051709_vHDR_On.jpg

This was it before. But big upgrades are being done to it now. I have jbi towers now and some other goodies. I have it completely torn down and all the parts stripped of their coatings in preparation for anodizing them. New avid bearings will be here any day. Boca ceramics in the motor now, and fully updated electronic system for my fpv thanks to huge help from @Lovestricken and @SrC. All custom wraped cables. And soon to be custom painted body from @Ajag. Wait till you see what we got planned for that and the noto body, I think it will be the best one yet.

View attachment 123942

View attachment 123943

View attachment 123945

View attachment 123947

Keep us updated with the finished look. Should be incredible! I love this Hobby! Glad i got into it. Only been into RC for about 8 months now starting off with an Arrma Granite but i love the Kraton the best so far. I am just a novice but i have been trying to learn all i can and maybe soon i can try to do a build. Had to find a Hobby during this Pandemic....it was the gym for the past 15 years but i have been out of the gym close to a year now; just working out at home...don't trust going back to a gym just yet with this Covid. Eventually i will be back but for now just exercise at home. At least i got 2 Hobbies now to deal with the boredom of being home much more. The RC thing has been fun though so far. I have always been into customizing my cars i have owned so its cool to be able to do the same with RC vehicles. Just alot of fun!!

Its just awesome to see everybody has there own style when it comes to the way they customize their Kraton. It would be boring if we all posted pics of our red or blue 6s Kraton with Copperhead 2 tires...Lol!.

What i like about this Hobby. You get to see the Uniqueness of everyones Kraton. Everybody has their own way of customizing their rigs to stand out different than the next guys Kraton

No, but then again it would depend on your driving style i guess. I don't hammer full throttle the whole time i drive. I might do short sprints at full speed but then i will drop down to 75% throttle for a bit and then back to 100%. So i usually change my speeds up during my driving session.

That being said, i don't expect these wheels to last long as i know they are cheap, but i like that type of wheel style; the spoke pattern...so it was more for looks but i know that they will probably not last long. Just using until i find another wheel that i like that is better quality.

I like the Sweep Racing wheels but they are a bit too low of a profile on the tires and i don't really like the tread pattern either on the off road wheels. I like the tread to protrude from the tires as the Sweep wheels tread is flat around the whole tire.

I have had Duratrax wheels before on my Arrma Granite but am a bit hesitant to buy those also as some of them are over 4" wide. They just seem to be really wide for the Kraton...like all tire. They are bigger and heavier than the stock Copperhead 2 tires. That will probably put some stress on the motor I would think.

Yeah...i mean i do like the SRC wheel styles but just a tad too low profile for me. I like a bit more sidewall. Not alot of sidewall like the stock tires but somewhere in between.

I know...i am too damn picky about wheels and tires but i think wheels and tires are what sets off and completes the look of the truck. Some people just about the bashing and could care less. I like my Kraton to look good while sitting on my shelf...like a show truck...lol!.

Looks good though. I like the wheel style pattern and i think the chrome ones might look good also. Where did you get the white wing from? Or is it just painted?
I got the white wing quite a while back. Its on B/O now. It is just an Option part for the Kraton 6S.

REAR WING 224mm (White) (1pc) (AR480004) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

The SRC wheels are fine for the street. (terrain crushers or the street tread versions) Low profile and all makes them great for speed running. I don't bash with them at all in the dirt. (n) Never was my intention. They are belted and that's why I got them, for the street. They absolutely wont ballon even the slightest bit. I mounted a cam and is showed no ballooning at 59MPH. Tried them in the dirt already briefly...NG. The Terrain crushers are best on asphalt, dirty, sandy or whatever. No jumping or gravel.... They will break. The hexes are strong enough IMO.

I got the white wing quite a while back. Its on B/O now. It is just an Option part for the Kraton 6S.

REAR WING 224mm (White) (1pc) (AR480004) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

The SRC wheels are fine for the street. (terrain crushers or the street tread versions) Low profile and all makes them great for speed running. I don't bash with them at all in the dirt. (n) Never was my intention. They are belted and that's why I got them, for the street. They absolutely wont ballon even the slightest bit. I mounted a cam and is showed no ballooning at 59MPH. Tried them in the dirt already briefly...NG. The Terrain crushers are best on asphalt, dirty, sandy or whatever. No jumping or gravel.... They will break. The hexes are strong enough IMO.
Ye sorry that would be my fault. I got the last one. You can get on ebay though.

So, I had this idéa in head on painting the new bodyshell for my Kraton. Bought a Candy Ice purple, cosmic glo orange.. and so I started to fulfill my idéa of paintjob. Prepared everything, masked areas which should be orange etc. Doing this when you´re having a cold is not good. The purple was thin, so I sprayed a little too much, colour began to run. And it was at this stage everything went from bad to worse. Acetone.. yep. Don´t use it..
Lexan turned white..and I was in shock.. almost. So out again, this time with the orange color.. ofc it became a disaster. Now, what did I do? Spray it all black ofc from the inside. Lesson learned, and I have to get a new bodyshell . The old one is still in very good condition, but I thought it would be nice to have two shells to choose from when bashing the car.
Anyway.. the result of the not so good spraypaint session can be viewed here.. But I warn you, you have to be atleast 18+ ;-)

20210202_220900.jpg

20210202_220848.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back