Limitless LibertyMkiii's crazy belt drive car project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember some of us had this elevation discussion like 1.5 years ago. All my speedrun results should get +15% because i am basicly below sealevel :p

I think the conclusion was just to make a mile long vacuum tube and take elevation out of the equation
Now I know where we should be speed running. The Virgin Hyperloop tunnel out in the desert. Virgin has all but given up on the retarded "Hyperloop" idea so maybe they'd be willing to rent it out for cheap :LOL:
1661975708319.png

Not only would this take elevation out of the equation, it would take aerodynamics completely out of the equation...which may produce entirely new issues. Sure, there's no air to cause a blow over but something in my gut tells me it wouldn't be as easy as it first appears. lol..."Sending my Borg Cube in 3...2...1..."

I remember some of us had this elevation discussion like 1.5 years ago. All my speedrun results should get +15% because i am basicly below sealevel :p

I think the conclusion was just to make a mile long vacuum tube and take elevation out of the equation

Okay, so who here have access to a Hyperloop tunnel!!?

Or, just some decommissioned underground D.U.M.B. with those 'interconnected highways' between bases..

Not only would this take elevation out of the equation, it would take aerodynamics completely out of the equation...which may produce entirely new issues. Sure, there's no air to cause a blow over but something in my gut tells me it wouldn't be as easy as it first appears. lol..."Sending my Borg Cube in 3...2...1..."
Some wheels on the roof will give the required downforce to remain grippy.

Canon isn't really clear about transwarp speed, but why bother with a vacuum tube when your Borg Cube's can already do 4,500,000,000c ;)

We can sort of feel it just walking outside. Seal level to 1000 ft is not that big of a difference. But go walk an incline hill in Denver and you will be huffing and puffing. (my wife's data lives there)
It’s all about acclimating to the altitude. Go from the Nebraska border of Colorado to Denver in a few hours drive and climb 4000ft in elevation. You’ll feel it for sure. Then drive about an hour to Colorado Springs (~7000ft) and you’ll feel that. Then take a 45 min drive up to Pikes Peak (14,000ft+) and it will take everything you got to walk across the parking lot to take a wiz. It took me about an hour each time to acclimate. My GF however took days if she ever really did get over it.

I really want to get back to the Springs and run the Manitou Incline. My GF said I would die of a heart attack if I tried it and was dead set against it. I know I’m not a spring chicken or an elite athlete, but if I want to do something, I persevere. It’s a 2000ft climb in less than a mile. I did a similar climb at Deer Mountain in Rocky NP. Took 45 mins to ascend about 1100ft.

https://www.visitcos.com/things-to-do/outdoors/manitou-incline/

67E284C1-76B8-45A0-A4AC-111331DF2761.jpeg

It’s all about acclimating to the altitude. Go from the Nebraska border of Colorado to Denver in a few hours drive and climb 4000ft in elevation. You’ll feel it for sure. Then drive about an hour to Colorado Springs (~7000ft) and you’ll feel that. Then take a 45 min drive up to Pikes Peak (14,000ft+) and it will take everything you got to walk across the parking lot to take a wiz. It took me about an hour each time to acclimate. My GF however took days if she ever really did get over it.

I really want to get back to the Springs and run the Manitou Incline. My GF said I would die of a heart attack if I tried it and was dead set against it. I know I’m not a spring chicken or an elite athlete, but if I want to do something, I persevere. It’s a 2000ft climb in less than a mile. I did a similar climb at Deer Mountain in Rocky NP. Took 45 mins to ascend about 1100ft.

https://www.visitcos.com/things-to-do/outdoors/manitou-incline/

View attachment 240427
Wait...is that your GF? :LOL:

Haha nope that’s my step-sons best friend from childhood who was a park ranger at the time at Rocky.
Wow, that's almost a "brother's cousin's sister's aunt" moment :LOL: I'm just playing bro :) Yeah the hairs on his chin were kind of a giveaway that it probably isn't your GF. That's a beautiful piece of scenery there.

Or just pave the damned road next to it. Otherwise, why not just strategically place rare earth magnets along an electronics free roller and shoot it through a particle accelerator?
Now I know where we should be speed running. The Virgin Hyperloop tunnel out in the desert. Virgin has all but given up on the retarded "Hyperloop" idea so maybe they'd be willing to rent it out for cheap :LOL:
View attachment 240376

Or just pave the damned road next to it. Otherwise, why not just strategically place rare earth magnets along an electronics free roller and shoot it through a particle accelerator?

Not to be too selfish.. But,
I wonder how many Really nice racetracks/airstrips (here in Texas, we have plenty of open ,flat land) could have been made with the money put into these "hyperloop concepts" or any of the many other pork belly projects that's funded by Congress and other large corporations..

Honestly, who in their right mind would want to travel INSIDE a Vacuum tube goes 600+MPH!?
No one would hear you scream when something goes sideways/wrong in that space.

Not to be too selfish.. But,
I wonder how many Really nice racetracks/airstrips (here in Texas, we have plenty of open ,flat land) could have been made with the money put into these "hyperloop concepts" or any of the many other pork belly projects that's funded by Congress and other large corporations..

Honestly, who in their right mind would want to travel INSIDE a Vacuum tube goes 600+MPH!?
The craziest part that no one talks about is how much a several hundred mile long metal tube would lengthen and contract due to temperature fluctuations. Thunderf00t dissected the silliness of the concept on that basis alone. Platforms along a Hyperloop from SF to LA would move by over 300 yards. To say nothing of the dangers of a 9mm bullet shot into a vacuum tunnel. The capsule inside would be shot in the other direction at 600mph by the inbound rush of air. It's a stupid idea that's over 100 years old. I'm not saying that new technology can't overcome old problems, but this one is a literal pipe dream.

…this one is a literal pipe dream.
I love what you did there.
But anybody that doesn’t want to be squeezed through a tube at 600+ mph has something wrong with them. Just sayin’…
Honestly, who in their right mind would want to travel INSIDE a Vacuum tube goes 600+MPH!.
Me. All day long every day and twice on Sunday. I hear it’s well lit and is painted with visual markers in the tube so one can more appreciate the sensation of speed. How else would any mortal man be able to afford 600+ mph on land? Seriously?

Last edited:
I love what you did there.
But anybody that doesn’t want to be squeezed through a tube at 600+ mph has something wrong with them. Just sayin’…

Tex Koder said:
Honestly, who in their right mind would want to travel INSIDE a Vacuum tube goes 600+MPH!.
Me. All day long every day and twice on Sunday. I hear it’s well lit and is painted with visual markers in the tube so one can more appreciate the sensation of speed. How else would any mortal man be able to afford 600+ mph on land? Seriously?

Well, okay.
You have to think it through ,Fully.

Because once you reach those speeds, that's wonderful...
The stopping (from Those speeds) is the other half of the equation.. How quickly do you stop, if you "miss" your destination?

For example, here's traveling 45MPH in a tube..

Cannon Fodder.gif

Tex Koder said:
Because once you reach those speeds, that's wonderful... The stopping (from Those speeds) is the other half of the equation.. How quickly do you stop, if you "miss" your destination?
Well, at least I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t hurt…

View attachment 241861
Wow, I can’t believe you came up with that video! That was me, I was drunk at the rodeo and took a bad bet. I’m still walkin’ funny…

Tex Koder said:

Well, okay.
You have to think it through ,Fully.

Because once you reach those speeds, that's wonderful...
The stopping (from Those speeds) is the other half of the equation.. How quickly do you stop, if you "miss" your destination?

View attachment 241861
How familiar are you with Campbell's tomato soup?
F4-into-concrete.gif

Feels like a quote from a historybook:
Who in their right might would want to travel in such a deadtrap carriage without a horse?
Who in their right might would want to travel in such a deadtrap flying machine? I'd rather keep my feet on the ground.

Feels like a quote from a historybook:
Who in their right might would want to travel in such a deadtrap carriage without a horse?
Who in their right might would want to travel in such a deadtrap flying machine? I'd rather keep my feet on the ground.

Am I making History with what I'm saying?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back