Max6 vs Max8 vs Hobbywing quicrun wp 150a esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bypassing the reciever is how you wire an HV servo so that the BEC only gives 7.4V to the servo and your ESC only powers the receiver. Obviously, ur servo is 6V so this will be unnecessary.
Well my savox sw1210 is going to be here today. It is a 6v servo. I am still using the factory blx185. What did you mean by bypassing the RX? Did I not have to take the reciever box off the truck? Lol changed my front diff fluid too... couldn't use 2 planetary shims like Thomas P does. Hope its together right lol

Bypassing the reciever is how you wire an HV servo so that the BEC only gives 7.4V to the servo and your ESC only powers the receiver. Obviously, ur servo is 6V so this will be unnecessary.
I see what you're saying now. I wired up a bec on my Everest10 for the 4 wheel steer but it wasnt my best work lol. So just to make sure my new savox will plug right into my stock esc right? don't want to mess up a brand new servo...

The servo plugs into the receiver, just like the stock one does.
I gotcha... I am sorry, I'm embarrassed. I can not figure out this HR servo mount. It sits too high without the spacers being used. Also the servo barely fit down inside the mount. Scuffed a wire getting it in. I feel like i am doing something wrong. Smh it has to be so simple.... lol

I gotcha... I am sorry, I'm embarrassed. I can not figure out this HR servo mount. It sits too high without the spacers being used. Also the servo barely fit down inside the mount. Scuffed a wire getting it in. I feel like i am doing something wrong. Smh it has to be so simple.... lol
Lol it is a tight fit. And the wire is a pain in the arse but it does fit and work. And you might have to install a spacer on the link that attaches to the servo saver

The servo plugs into the receiver, just like the stock one does.
Hey, got the savox in and put a few batteries through it. It seems to work okay. It makes some buzzing noises when I turn left and let go. I think i want to run that bec you were talking about. Blx185 puts out 6v and the savox can run on 7.4. I want to give it all the juice I can... safely. Is there a certain one that works well with this setup? How do you reccomend I install it? The one I put on my Everest10 works good. But when I turn the power switch off, I have to unhook my battery too because the bec has power all the time. Kind of a pain, but not the end of the world if there is no way to avoid that.

I gone with the Max6, better safe then sorry and it was only $130 when i got it. Did a lot of research on it and going max8 is still good but with the max6 you can go with a crazy 6s build and still remain safe without it getting hot and frying like the max8 would (better safe then sorry) but take what i say with grain of salt because i was going by what i was reading.

I appreciate the information! I am waiting on a max 8 to arrive any day now. Ordered from China, on the boat now. Wanted to use a few batteries I had charged up last night. Took it for a pretty easy ride, no jumps or anything crazy, it took a tumble going about half throttle on the blacktop and destroyed my new rpm wing mount. With that being said idk if I should even run it on 6s lol everytime I drive it I destroy something. (Thought I would include that it was 25°F last night when it broke) probably my own fault..??

I appreciate the information! I am waiting on a max 8 to arrive any day now. Ordered from China, on the boat now. Wanted to use a few batteries I had charged up last night. Took it for a pretty easy ride, no jumps or anything crazy, it took a tumble going about half throttle on the blacktop and destroyed my new rpm wing mount. With that being said idk if I should even run it on 6s lol everytime I drive it I destroy something. (Thought I would include that it was 25°F last night when it broke) probably my own fault..??
My Kraton is for off road speed and no jumping and so far no breaks. Only 6s.

My Kraton is for off road speed and no jumping and so far no breaks. Only 6s.
What are the temps like where you are at? I bought mine for bashing and running it at the skate park down the road and hitting big jumps. I think it might be too cold for the plastic parts to be durable where I am at in central indiana.

Hey, got the savox in and put a few batteries through it. It seems to work okay. It makes some buzzing noises when I turn left and let go. I think i want to run that bec you were talking about. Blx185 puts out 6v and the savox can run on 7.4. I want to give it all the juice I can... safely. Is there a certain one that works well with this setup? How do you reccomend I install it? The one I put on my Everest10 works good. But when I turn the power switch off, I have to unhook my battery too because the bec has power all the time. Kind of a pain, but not the end of the world if there is no way to avoid that.
That buzzing is the savox buzz. They’re quite fussy. Personally I like the noise but many hate it (there’s no way to get rid of it). That’s just the noise they make. I run 2 in my e revo so those things are pretty loud. If your truck has brownouts than that’s what signals you need an external BEC. You talked about your everest 10, that’s how all BEC’s work. Not sure why it bothers anyone, every time your truck is off the batteries should be unplugged. Most of the time manufacturers recommend only using the switch to turn the model on, and just unplug the batteries to turn it off, in case it shorts out. You’ll have to bypass the receiver if you want to run 7.4v to your savox because the receiver is only rated at 6v in arrma trucks.

I’ll explain how to bypass the rx and instal your bec if you can confirm that you’re serious about it (because it’ll take some effort for me)

That buzzing is the savox buzz. They’re quite fussy. Personally I like the noise but many hate it (there’s no way to get rid of it). That’s just the noise they make. I run 2 in my e revo so those things are pretty loud. If your truck has brownouts than that’s what signals you need an external BEC. You talked about your everest 10, that’s how all BEC’s work. Not sure why it bothers anyone, every time your truck is off the batteries should be unplugged. Most of the time manufacturers recommend only using the switch to turn the model on, and just unplug the batteries to turn it off, in case it shorts out. You’ll have to bypass the receiver if you want to run 7.4v to your savox because the receiver is only rated at 6v in arrma trucks.

I’ll explain how to bypass the rx and instal your bec if you can confirm that you’re serious about it (because it’ll take some effort for me)
Thank you for your reply! I do not believe that I have experienced a brown out with my kraton. I was only concerned with running my servo at 7.4 because I was concerned that it was buzzing because it didnt have the power it needed. If I turn right and let go it doesn't make any noise. If I turn left and let go it will buzz until I push the wheel to the right or turn it right and let go. As for unplugging the batteries... I had no idea! Thank you for that information. I will make it a point to always unplug them when not in use from now on. You have been a huge help!

Thank you for your reply! I do not believe that I have experienced a brown out with my kraton. I was only concerned with running my servo at 7.4 because I was concerned that it was buzzing because it didnt have the power it needed. If I turn right and let go it doesn't make any noise. If I turn left and let go it will buzz until I push the wheel to the right or turn it right and let go. As for unplugging the batteries... I had no idea! Thank you for that information. I will make it a point to always unplug them when not in use from now on. You have been a huge help!
That’s because your dual rate isn’t set up correctly. The wheels can’t turn any further but your servo is still.trying to make them turn. This will wear out your servo real fast. Keep the steering fully locked to the left, and turn the steering dual rate knob down until the wheel turns right a tiiny bit, this will make the servo stop turning when the wheels can’t turn any further. I’ll explain how to wire a bec to a servo and bypass the reciever in my next reply.

Let’s call the capacitor a BEC, I’ll draw the others.

Sorry about the handwriting.
If that confused you, read below:

The BEC positive and negative input wires solder to the esc’s positive and negative wires.

The BEC’s 3 prong connecter (here)

Will plug into the servo’s connector, you just gotta make sure to pull out the white (or yellow depending on company) servo wire beforehand, your connector will look like this:

So basically, you plug in that red and black wire (brown and orange) into your BEC’s 3 prong connector like this:

And that white (yellow) wire will plug into the reciever where it normally goes. I’d slip on a spare connector, so it doesn’t accidentally hit another prong in the receiver and short it out, just like this:

The esc will plug into the receiver as normal and power everything at 6 volts, because the BEC has no power going to it, just the servo.

That’s because your dual rate isn’t set up correctly. The wheels can’t turn any further but your servo is still.trying to make them turn. This will wear out your servo real fast. Keep the steering fully locked to the left, and turn the steering dual rate knob down until the wheel turns right a tiiny bit, this will make the servo stop turning when the wheels can’t turn any further. I’ll explain how to wire a bec to a servo and bypass the reciever in my next reply.
Sorry Peeeenuuutt, just saw your posts... I will for sure set my DR on my steering! I would hate to burn up my servo at that price. I did finally get my max8 in the mail. Soldered on the extra XT90 connectors that come with the kraton... how convenient, right? They are for a battery and not an esc... duh. So now I am waiting for the right connectors to come in the mail. Got my cap pack soldered on already. Now to order a leopard 4082 2000kv... lol
Very detailed info on wiring up a bec. Thank you! Very very helpful for me and I am sure many others as well

Sorry Peeeenuuutt, just saw your posts... I will for sure set my DR on my steering! I would hate to burn up my servo at that price. I did finally get my max8 in the mail. Soldered on the extra XT90 connectors that come with the kraton... how convenient, right? They are for a battery and not an esc... duh. So now I am waiting for the right connectors to come in the mail. Got my cap pack soldered on already. Now to order a leopard 4082 2000kv... lol
Very detailed info on wiring up a bec. Thank you! Very very helpful for me and I am sure many others as well
I’d pick up some 6.5mm bullets to solder onto that leopard, or buy a hobbystar 4082 instead.

I’d pick up some 6.5mm bullets to solder onto that leopard, or buy a hobbystar 4082 instead.
I see a leopard 4082 200kv that comes with bullets on it already. Do you reccomend removing the bullets that come with it and replacing them with 6.5mm bullets? Or is it best to order one that has no wires pre-soldered? Would you recommend the hobbystar over the leopard? I have 6.5mm bullets laying around. Truck started cogging and getting worse. Going to contact arrma but want to have a motor and esc ready for it so I don't have any downtime if I have to send in my stock stuff.
Ps.. tell me if I should have posted this somewhere else. I don't want to hijack the OP's thread ??

I see a leopard 4082 200kv that comes with bullets on it already. Do you reccomend removing the bullets that come with it and replacing them with 6.5mm bullets? Or is it best to order one that has no wires pre-soldered? Would you recommend the hobbystar over the leopard? I have 6.5mm bullets laying around. Truck started cogging and getting worse. Going to contact arrma but want to have a motor and esc ready for it so I don't have any downtime if I have to send in my stock stuff.
Ps.. tell me if I should have posted this somewhere else. I don't want to hijack the OP's thread ??
I'll pm you what you need to know ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back