Meanwhile at traxxas. New stempede 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd buy one....
I havnt checked it out yet but in my own experience that platform is one decent machine. Add the HD kit and the velineon? Hell yeah.
My issue is if I were looking to get something that size/class it'd be a very tough call between that and the Mt10.
The MT10 is a bit more tough and a great value. I was thinking about getting a Stampede 4x4 V2 VXL, and ripping out the ESC/motor and TX AND RX. I have an Arrma 3s system, Rx from spectrum and even a better servo in my parts bin. That would make it a better vehicle. Then I would probably upgrade the shocks to the big bore ones from Traxxas. Hey @razorrc, what do you think about the Traxxas big bore shocks? These :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4048214837...2mtILn0RTS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I'd buy one....
I havnt checked it out yet but in my own experience that platform is one decent machine. Add the HD kit and the velineon? Hell yeah.
My issue is if I were looking to get something that size/class it'd be a very tough call between that and the Mt10.
It did take a beating there at that skatepark from Mark :

The MT10 is a bit more tough and a great value. I was thinking about getting a Stampede 4x4 V2 VXL, and ripping out the ESC/motor and TX AND RX. I have an Arrma 3s system, Rx from spectrum and even a better servo in my parts bin. That would make it a better vehicle. Then I would probably upgrade the shocks to the big bore ones from Traxxas. Hey @razorrc, what do you think about the Traxxas big bore shocks? These :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4048214837...2mtILn0RTS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Those shocks are leaps and bounds over the stock plastic ones man.

If you want to go that route try to find a new roller on the Bay. Be cheaper that way from a breaker. Build it how you want.

Those shocks are leaps and bounds over the stock plastic ones man.

If you want to go that route try to find a new roller on the Bay. Be cheaper that way from a breaker. Build it how you want.
I actually priced that out of and it come out more expensive like that 😅😂

Last edited:
I actually priced that out of and it come out more expensive like that 😅😂

If you get a complete roller minus electrics it's more expensive then a rtr + your electronics?
I think something was lost in my message 😅
It's never cheaper to buy part for part and build one. Shipping usually adds up to costing more then going complete. Took me a couple builds before I noticed that 😂

If you get a complete roller minus electrics it's more expensive then a rtr + your electronics?
I think something was lost in my message 😅
It's never cheaper to buy part for part and build one. Shipping usually adds up to costing more then going complete. Took me a couple builds before I noticed that 😂
Look. It's more expensive than a 4s V2 VXL 😅😂. And that's not even adding the other stuff I got :

Screenshot_20240526_113455_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240526_113441_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240526_113511_eBay.jpg

New Pede comes stock with the center diff. just like the Hoss.
Yeah. But I haven't been able to find one yet. That one that is in the picture I posted is the 2s vxl unfortunately 😢. The total would be $403 without the center diff. That would make more sense. But I could sell all the stuff from the V2 VXL and get some money back. So it would still make more sense to buy a new one 😅

BL-2s also has center diff, I think.

It did take a beating there at that skatepark from Mark :

GTR shocks or don't even bother. The Big Bores are quite literally just aluminum Ultra Shocks the shafts are still made from cheese.

GTR shocks aren't bad, $70 for all 4 and then you just need some springs and maybe shock oil. If you want to go cheap, you can buy $5 Traxxas springs.
Sometimes Jenny's has the GTRS with springs for like $70-80

Damn that sucks OK. That's almost $100 right there.

Could be worse your other real opinion is Proline Power Strokes and those are like $150.

The GTR shocks are really nice and well worth the price. I've had a set for like 4 years now and have not had any issues. Plus they come in like 3 or 4 different color options.

GTR shocks aren't bad, $70 for all 4 and then you just need some springs and maybe shock oil. If you want to go cheap, you can buy $5 Traxxas springs.
Do you think it's even worth putting all this money into such a small truck Razor? I would literally buy it, rip out all the electronics, but my own in there, sell the new stuff and get the GTR shocks. I would at least have for the GTR shocks. But adding all the together, it's like around $600. Plus all the labor involved 😅😂. I did that with the Granite V3 and regret it that $600 decision indeed 😅😂.

Do you think it's even worth putting all this money into such a small truck Razor? I would literally buy it, rip out all the electronics, but my own in there, sell the new stuff and get the GTR shocks. I would at least have for the GTR shocks. But adding all the together, it's like around $600. Plus all the labor involved 😅😂. I did that with the Granite V3 and regret it that $600 decision indeed 😅😂.

People ask me all the time if “xyz is worth it?”, and to be honest I don’t even know what that means. Is an $80k Corvette worth it? A $20k Corolla? I can’t answer that kind of stuff for you.

Money is just money and I can’t tell people how they should spend it. Everyone is in a different situation.

People ask me all the time if “xyz is worth it?”, and to be honest I don’t even know what that means. Is an $80k Corvette worth it? A $20k Corolla? I can’t answer that kind of stuff for you.

Money is just money and I can’t tell people how they should spend it. Everyone is in a different situation.
True that. I just feel that it's just so much $ for such a small rig. With that kind of $, some one can buy a damn RTR Asuga 😂

Finally got the Stampede 4x4 V2 VXL, but I already changed out some stuff before even running it. I only left the stock ESC in there. 😂. I had all that stuff laying around.
20240531_102301.jpg
20240531_101100.jpg
20240531_103008.jpg
20240531_102448.jpg

Back