Mojave MEXB de Queso

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took it out for an awesome bash today almost 30 minutes run time . Good news is temps down about 25 degrees DM cover is working out great. Bad news is rear hubs and wheels still rubbing.

EA3C2E5B-BC74-4581-96A5-54987770AF39.jpeg

DFC5B164-E1C9-47DC-9E8F-9C1072DFF0D4.jpeg

03B2C489-BF4A-4754-8766-20219B6EE2F6.jpeg

DBED190E-8EF8-466E-8CF4-0660C6A97DA7.jpeg

Last edited:
I never noticed my wheels rub my hubs on my V1 Mojave BLX until you mentioned it. My wear is slight, compared to yours though. Glad you had a good session. Hope you can find a solution to the rubbing soon.

I’m hoping someone will chime in with a solution if there is one.. Stock was bad, and the Vitavon hub/ wheel combo is definitely not better ?. I’m moving the turnbuckle location but it still looks tight. I may have to open a thread in the wheels forum.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I’m hoping someone will chime in with a solution if there is one.. Stock was bad, and the Vitavon hub/ wheel combo is definitely not better ?. I’m moving the turnbuckle location but it still looks tight. I may have to open a thread in the wheels forum.

View attachment 117871
Sad to hear. Do you have any play in your rear axle stubs? I had to shim mine (approx 0.6 mm of shims) and never noticed any rubbing between stock hub carriers and tires. Clearance between them is way better, though...

Sad to hear. Do you have any play in your rear axle stubs? I had to shim mine (approx 0.6 mm of shims) and never noticed any rubbing between stock hub carriers and tires. Clearance between them is way better, though...
No slop, they are comfortably snug

image.jpg

View attachment 117871

Are u using hubs extenders?
M2C makes then and i know its working...

The problem is the rear susspension geometry at the Mojave-
At the end of the strock, fully compressed, the hub hit the rim..
The shaft still spinning the wheel so its chewing it up slowlly..

Keep updating...??

Are u using hubs extenders?
M2C makes then and i know its working...

The problem is the rear susspension geometry at the Mojave-
At the end of the strock, fully compressed, the hub hit the rim..
The shaft still spinning the wheel so its chewing it up slowlly..

Keep updating...??
Yep, using M2C hub extenders. See pictures above ☝️. I’m leaning towards agreeing with you regarding suspension geometry but full shock compression and extension have minimal effect. What I’ve noticed is that the ”leading edge “ of the hub is closer to the rim than the “trailing “ edge. I have filed it down and lowered the turnbuckle. Visually it looks like there is more clearance. I’m on my way to bashing with it. We’ll see how it goes. Personally I think I have bad Mojave wheel Karma. Because the same thing happened with stock set up.

Yep, using M2C hub extenders. See pictures above ☝️. I’m leaning towards agreeing with you regarding suspension geometry but full shock compression and extension have minimal effect. What I’ve noticed is that the ”leading edge “ of the hub is closer to the rim than the “trailing “ edge. I have filed it down and lowered the turnbuckle. Visually it looks like there is more clearance. I’m on my way to bashing with it. We’ll see how it goes. Personally I think I have bad Mojave wheel Karma. Because the same thing happened with stock set up.

Thats bad news for me.
Im on the same setup as yours (vit rim hubs and m2c) but havnt reached installing them yet.
don't want my vitavons rims and hubs getting rubbed...i thought the m2c extenders solved it.. as far as @RC DUDE81 mentioned on his vids...
Dang it.

Do you know a machinist with a lathe that can take a thousanth or two of meat off the inside of the rims? Not sure if that's even feasable but damn, that would be driving me insane with the cost of those wheels/tires. Maybe if Mitch could custom-make some extended hexes with more than a mm or so extra thickness on the hex itself? Otherwise the M2C hexes offer no benefit in this regard other than to hold the wheels on much better of course. Good luck

Do you know a machinist with a lathe that can take a thousanth or two of meat off the inside of the rims? Not sure if that's even feasable but damn, that would be driving me insane with the cost of those wheels/tires. Maybe if Mitch could custom-make some extended hexes with more than a mm or so extra thickness on the hex itself? Otherwise the M2C hexes offer no benefit in this regard other than to hold the wheels on much better of course. Good luck

I agree that Mitch should check it up is so...
Its writen at the description...?
Screenshot_20210105-213832.png

Last edited:
Yeah but let's not start putting any onus on Mitch and M2C to fix an Arrma/Vitavon issue. They'd probably have to be extended by a centimeter at least and wouldn't expect M2C to even bother because why bother.

I agree that Mitch should check it up is so...
Its writen at the description...?View attachment 117976
I’m pretty sure he’s referring stock hubs. I’m going to put the stock hubs back on temporarily and see what the clearance looks like.
As I mentioned above ☝️, I filed the Vitavon hubs and lowered the turnbuckle. Just got back from a great 25 minute bash and I don’t think there was any rubbing . Annoying wheel/hub issue aside, the Mojave exb is AWESOME fun!

4E991267-2440-481A-B718-91D77C093D1F.jpeg

805F75EE-5228-479C-86F8-00D001F1AA97.jpeg

Thats bad news for me.
Im on the same setup as yours (vit rim hubs and m2c) but havnt reached installing them yet.
don't want my vitavons rims and hubs getting rubbed...i thought the m2c extenders solved it.. as far as @RC DUDE81 mentioned on his vids...
Dang it.
When installed take a close look at the clearance.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure he’s referring stock hubs. I’m going to put the stock hubs back on temporarily and see what the clearance looks like.
As I mentioned above ☝️, I filed the Vitavon hubs and lowered the turnbuckle. Just got back from a great 25 minute bash and I don’t think there was any ribbing ?. Annoying wheel/hub issue aside, the Mojave exb is AWESOME fun!

View attachment 117983

View attachment 117984

When installed take a close look at the clearance.

Can u pls show me with a pic pls?

This is M2C hub extension with stock hub and Vitavon wheel.
And with stock wheel. Unfortunately the bulk of the problem lies with Vitavon wheels ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just asked Arthur from Vitavon.
His solution is to change a screw location ...
The beadlock structure prevents increasing the rims internal diameter...
Its Arrmas bad geometry design...

View attachment 118124
If you look closely at the lower part of the hub (below the yellow arrow) your can see how close the hub is to the rim. That’s where I needed to file it down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back