Motor “cap“ bent, how much trouble am I in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
42F10F58-8C86-4C93-9D86-AF150B7809F5.jpeg

I just noticed this, and I have no idea how it happened. Apologies because I don’t know the correct terminology, but will this cause any damage? It’s driven normal and I only saw this being bent while cleaning.

Thanks in advanced.

Perfectly fine. My e revo’s hobby star cap is even worse than that. If it doesn’t make noise, roll with it. If it bent your shaft, rip.

Have you ever removed the motor cap yourself? Looks like it was installed wrong and hammered to compensate.

It's possible if you have never had it apart that it came like that and just went unseen... if you look close enough the plastic wire retainer was not seated properly in the can... and peanuuut has it right.. it was forced closed enough to catch the screws...

If it runs fine with no noise don't worry about it.. at some point you will need to change bearings in the can and you can straighten the end cap and seat the retainer properly before reassembling..

Perfectly fine. My e revo’s hobby star cap is even worse than that. If it doesn’t make noise, roll with it. If it bent your shaft, rip.

Have you ever removed the motor cap yourself? Looks like it was installed wrong and hammered to compensate.
Well that’s a relief. I’ve never messed with the cap, only remove the motor to check mesh and cleaning.

Thanks for the advice!
It's possible if you have never had it apart that it came like that and just went unseen... if you look close enough the plastic wire retainer was not seated properly in the can... and peanuuut has it right.. it was forced closed enough to catch the screws...

If it runs fine with no noise don't worry about it.. at some point you will need to change bearings in the can and you can straighten the end cap and seat the retainer properly before reassembling..
I did notice the wiring being a bit off. Considering I’ve never messed with that side of the motor, I imagine something got by QC. Thanks for the response!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back