Kraton Motor and ESC Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake seddon

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello im new to RC. Purchased a kraton 6s v4 a couple of months ago... I Absolutely love it ! Its kept me occupied through the lockdown anyway. Just looking to start to upgrade a few things. Any advise on motor and esc upgrades ? Also where can I get a decent motor heat sync fan and aliminum upgrades in the UK ? Custom upgrades are out of stock and I don't want to ship from US and pay customs charges.

I have aliminum chassis braces and servo mount RPM front and rear bumper but no hing pin holders as custom upgrades are out of stock. Wanting to make it as bullet proof as possible. Would like a bit more speed but for bashing mainly with speed runs and racing with Freinds accasionaly.

Any feed back welcome.

Hobbywing 4985 combo?
Thaks for your input. Whats the best heat sync fan for this. Struggling to find a decent one in the uk.
That's what I've got. I'm also in the UK, but regardless of where you are, I'm 99% sure there isn't an aftermarket heat sink for this 4985 motor

So what I ended up doing was using this Hobbywing fan (HW86080130) without the heat sink (it was too tight and warped a lot when I tried to fit it but some people have) and zip tied it in such a way that it doesn't slide on the motor when jumping. It definitely helps to keep it cool too

IMG_20200601_220533.jpg

I've got an upgrade list for my rig on here if you want to check it out:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-notorious-6s-build-log-full-upgrade-list.23182/

That's what I've got. I'm also in the UK, but regardless of where you are, I'm 99% sure there isn't an aftermarket heat sink for this 4985 motor

So what I ended up doing was using this Hobbywing fan (HW86080130) without the heat sink (it was too tight and warped a lot when I tried to fit it but some people have) and zip tied it in such a way that it doesn't slide on the motor when jumping. It definitely helps to keep it cool too

View attachment 84561

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-notorious-6s-build-log-full-upgrade-list.23182/
That looks like a beast thanks for the advise much appreciated

View attachment 84561

[/QUOTEGoing to have a look through and see whats available.

View attachment 84561

That looks awesome. Thanks for the advise much appreciated. Going to have a look whats available.

For the budget minded basher, maybe you could up the pinion size and macgyver a motor fan with zip ties while you wait for the perfect deal online. 4th of July is approaching and I guessing amain, tower, and hobbyking will be having decent discounts. After this, next big sale time is Black Friday in November. Being an old fart myself, these events occur like clockwork year after year. Hope this helps youngin’

Was thinking that
For the budget minded basher, maybe you could up the pinion size and macgyver a motor fan with zip ties while you wait for the perfect deal online. 4th of July is approaching and I guessing amain, tower, and hobbyking will be having decent discounts. After this, next big sale time is Black Friday in November. Being an old fart myself, these events occur like clockwork year after year. Hope this helps youngin’
Might take a look at that. After you've bought the car, charger and a couple of sets of batteries with a few standards upgrades your over £1000. Not to fussed on budgeting but i definitely like a good bargin being a yorkshire lad ?.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back