New 1/8 MT from Associated! Looks interesting. Rival MT8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rig looks interesting, but I can't help but laugh at how cheesy the video is with the text popping up on screen and stuff. One thing about Arrma, they sure do have the ability to make high production value vids.
I totally agree. My all time favorite video is the EXB K8S video. It's actually my favorite commercial video of all time for anything. I went and bought the damn rig the next day 🤣. This one

Yeah. Now a Youtuber says that it's coming with a metal chassis? I was hoping for a plastic tub chassis, since those do better with my 30ft plus jumps. ☹️
Me like😁 always good to have choices for different rigs!
TA has pics on their website. Chassis looks to be plastic to me?
Interesting that they're releasing this right around the same time as the RC Kaiju EXT.
The 1/10 Rival has a striking similarity to the first gen Kaiju..

Me like😁 always good to have choices for different rigs!
TA has pics on their website. Chassis looks to be plastic to me?
Interesting that they're releasing this right around the same time as the RC Kaiju EXT.
The 1/10 Rival has a striking similarity to the first gen Kaiju..
I think that the 1/10 rival and Kaiju are pretty much the same (the Kaiju is just a bit bigger) and are made by the same company. I have a couple of Kaijus and they are very durable with the tub chassis design.

I think that the 1/10 rival and Kaiju are pretty much the same (the Kaiju is just a bit bigger) and are made by the same company. I have a couple of Kaijus and they are very durable with the tub chassis design.
I have 1st gen Kaiju as well. It's a solid offering from RC(their first IMO). Ive watched the vids of you and ur son bashing them, great stuff.
I'm tapped for this year on new rigs tho..just jumped on the Kexb sale..my 4th rig this year.
If I buy another, it will jeopardize my marital stutus for sure😬

It looks like a very nice truck for $509. https://www.associatedelectrics.com/teamassociated/cars_and_trucks/Rival_MT8/RTR/
Looks better than any arrma... IMO
And no wing on a MT. I love my Outcast 8s, but the wing is always a "meh" for me.
That truck looks AWESOME! It kinda looks like they mounted the front and rear of a Kaiju onto an all new chassis.
Too bad they didn't use the plastic tub chassis. I would have loved to have seen this truck the same size of an Xmaxx too.

It looks like a very nice truck for $509. https://www.associatedelectrics.com/teamassociated/cars_and_trucks/Rival_MT8/RTR/

And no wing on a MT. I love my Outcast 8s, but the wing is always a "meh" for me.

Too bad they didn't use the plastic tub chassis. I would have loved to have seen this truck the same size of an Xmaxx too.
Just looked back at the description..ah, aluminum chassis🤭 I see .
I know looks are subjective, but I like rigs w/rear wings👍 plus is they usually help save the body to some degree.
$509 sounds pretty good, especially if it proves to be as durable as past AE 1/8 scales.

$509 isn't bad. Might be a future purchase. Need to hear launch reviews.

I might just pick one up.
Just looked back at the description..ah, aluminum chassis🤭 I see .
I know looks are subjective, but I like rigs w/rear wings👍 plus is they usually help save the body to some degree.
$509 sounds pretty good, especially if it proves to be as durable as past AE 1/8 scales.
Someone mentioned that associated metal used on their chassis is way better than the Arrma metal chassis. I would have to test it out myself with 30ft plus jumps 😉
$509 isn't bad. Might be a future purchase. Need to hear launch reviews.
And it comes with LED lights, a 150 amp esc, metal servo horn etc. It looks like a good deal for $509 TBH

Someone mentioned that associated metal used on their chassis is way better than the Arrma metal chassis. I would have to test it out myself with 30ft plus jumps 😉

And it comes with LED lights, a 150 amp esc, metal servo horn etc. It looks like a good deal for $509 TBH
If $509 is correct, this just might be the best bang for the buck rtr on the market..but we'll have to see how she holds up first.
I'm excited to find out, keep us posted please👍😁

Plz keep us posted if you get this :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back