Big Rock New 3S Versions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will this be a Maxx killer?
I wonder if the hot racing bellcrank will fit this? I like that two upgrades (radio/tx and shielded bearings) are included out of the box on this. Looks like for upgrades I would just need 6S shocks, pillow balls and bellcrank.

Last edited:
I've noticed all of these new 3s' now have a 23t servo with a new 23t servo saver. Aren't aftermarket 23t servos harder to find if reusing the servo saver?

Noticed a few body improvements in the Granite. The sides over the wheels extend higher/more vertically and overall the sides are flatter. I think the old body was more stylish, but those flared out sections over the wheels bent and cracked. They also recessed the stickers to help prevent them from getting scraped off. Unfortunately still no tail guard, which is probably the number one body flaw in the Granite.

Last edited:
So, other than esc, motor and servo, the mega and blx V3 are the same? Need to check the diffs. In which case I may consider the Mega as basically a roller to get into the V3 updates. Also, factory aluminum shock body part listed as well as many others on horizonhobby.com.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200730-124051_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200730-124051_Chrome.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 70
Just watched the Arrma vid on this, fan on esc and motor but still has them pesky shocks, that's disappointing and why I will never buy another 3s.

So, other than esc, motor and servo, the mega and blx V3 are the same? Need to check the diffs. In which case I may consider the Mega as basically a roller to get into the V3 updates. Also, factory aluminum shock body part listed as well as many others on horizonhobby.com.

The motor mount, pinion gear, and slipper also appear to be different.

New front bumper.
New wheely bar.
New reinforced chassis with a-arm aluminum braces screwed inside.
Wder a-arms.
New CVD.
New motor mount with adjustable motor position.
New center gearbox.
New o-ring to avoid the shock to leak.
Rubber sealed bearings.
New steering bell crank design.
New transmitter.
Vented tires.
And 4S sized gears now 1.35 mod

They should come with aluminium shock bodies anyway but I'm glad they can come as an option. I really hope the new silicone o-rings sort the shock leaks, as they've stuck with the same push cap for the cartridge instead of a threaded twist on one

I look forward to testing out one of these new 3s' ?

And 4S sized gears now 1.35 mod

Same as before. Same part number ARA310872.

I also watched at the CVD and they are same as before, so no upgrade here.

If i calculate from the Arrma prices, if i want to upgrade my V1 with wider a-arms, chassis, a-arms braces, wheelie bar and new gearbox it will cost ~70$, i would say it is acceptable. I already have the slipper and the T-bone front bumper.

Last edited:
What is the release date?

Nice! Looked at pictures, have yet only spotted a different (or differently branded) servo. And the bodies, of course.
New:
-similar new slipper pads
-new bodies ONLY for the bigrock imo the other 4´s are worst than the v2
-new plastic thing behind the clutch so we are getting new slipper hubs and that plastic thing
- motor mount ajustable and save D Pinions
-firma motor
-sealed bearings
-better bellcrank and pull tabs for the motor module
-reinforced chassi that i cant find any reinforcement
-upgraded shocks o rings
-wheelie bars
-new radio
-vented tires
cons
-23t servo and servo saver
-new bodies
-no center diff
-still plastic gears
Same as before. Same part number ARA310872.

I also watched at the CVD and they are same as before, so no upgrade here.

If i calculate from the Arrma prices, if i want to upgrade my V1 with wider a-arms, chassis, a-arms braces, wheelie bar and new gearbox it will cost ~70$, i would say it is acceptable. I already have the slipper and the T-bone front bumper.
a arm braces?
The slipper is already different from the very first version and the last sell before this V3 3S. The V3 slipper look like same than the 4S one.
The v2 pads were the same to the 4s now they are differant i don't understand the game here
Will this be a Maxx killer?
I wonder if the hot racing bellcrank will fit this? I like that two upgrades (radio/tx and shielded bearings) are included out of the box on this. Looks like for upgrades I would just need 6S shocks, pillow balls and bellcrank.
No imo

Last edited:
a arm braces?

93RUAW89GJKQYHQFQPNXVWQDYZYB6ATKW3CYZWYWHE8JQRXRUF.jpg

Yes, only because they already have the coutersunk holes inside :ROFLMAO: I did the mod already but i use the oblong shape at the center to put the screws in.
BRCC - Front a-arms brace mod 2 (1).jpg

The v2 pads were the same to the 4s now they are differant i don't understand the game here

So, they are same as the V2. Mine was a V1.

Is there any difference in the differentials? Or is that only for brushed versions? It is touted as "tougher" on the Granite 4x4 BLX Giga-site. Isn't this the same differential it had before? Just the new input gear?View attachment 92020
Shorter input shaft fpr the plastic nut its just going to make the slipper hub weaker when it is alreay weak to crack ?
I take baxk what i said the senton looks great only the granite looks meh

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back