Kraton New Arrma 4s 2022 models.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4s trucks are not a beginner truck, just a smaller lighter basher vs the 6s.

But no worries, keep your nose in the air, I'll try to not remind you that your 6s cars are also toys...

Dang, failed again.
Im surprised at you since you have mostly 6s rigs there. and 1 4x4. But hey, to each his own.
And the 4x4s were also originally all brushed power. Big difference in required skills between a brushed Granite and a 4s Kraton. Skill gap between 4s Kraton and 6s Kraton is small enough to not matter.
What about the durability factor?? Skills aside.

6s line is Arrma's claim to fame. Let's face it. It is mature and well supported.
I agree with this.

4x4 is transitional to the 6s line.
Maybe the Mega is transitional to the BLX truck, but even the 3s trucks have a place in a serious bashers garage. Lots of bash spaces that are too small for a 6s trucks are prefect for a 3s truck.

All I am saying.
Except that you have been showing a lot of elitism across several 4x4 threads this week. I know you have a lot of RC knowledge, and respect your input 98% of the time. Maybe you had a bad experience with a 4x4, I don't know. But while my Granite is currently down with a blown diff, so is my 6s Kraton. Both lines have very well know issues and to pretend a stock 6s truck won't break, or that you can't fix the 4x4 issues with a few minor upgrades is just fanboi-ism.

Toys. Here we are throwing toys at each other yet again. Okay fine, you 6 an 8s guys win. Your cars are bigger and carry more mass anyway so feel good about that and please shedup about it 🙄
I’ll never understand why the expensive car guys have to hack on the cheap car guys. Is it ego? Are the so sensitive that you have to booster your egos by running the little guys down? That’s the impression given. Whatever. Have fun with that, I’m out.

Well now that the videos are out, it looks like Arrma has addressed just about all the weaknesses in the 3s/4s line. Duperdash pointed out the rear chassis has added bracing where the slipper meets the rear diff, which should reduce the damage to gears when that area flexes. The new rear slipper housing ring looks quite beefy. Hopefully it will prevent the rear slipper housing from cracking. The inner bearing race mod hasn't been enough for me. Even the front battery tab has better bracing. When it flexes from battery shifts, it can crack the chassis. I'm the only person I know of that's complained about it, but looks like Arrma has tried to address it.

I'm hoping the 4s CVD's can be retro-fitted onto the 3s line. I'm pretty sure you'll need the get the 4s hubs, but hopefully that's all. With the new shock towers, Duperdash pointed out 6s Kraton/Outcast shocks should now be a direct fit upgrade for the 4s line.

Things that weren't addressed.
-Alot of people complaining about the slipper clutch. I'm fine with it. If you don't loosen it, you're going to have trouble. The wheel slip method many people recommend on this forum is WAY TOO TIGHT. You should go 1 to 2 full turns looser.
-Power module still pulls in dirt and RC Guy Garage had a motor bearing go bad his first run. But a hole in the chassis or the sealing off the power module fixes that.
-ESC wire still has the cap pack which snaps at the solder joint. Does anyone know if you can rewire the Firma 120a ESC? You couldn't with the BLX100/120. The battery wires are permanently secured to the ESC.

Last edited:
I watched 4 vids of these trucks. First RC Guys and it was like oh no here we go again, motor module issues with sand killing motor bearings and rocks getting caught in the steering. 2 things I hated about my 3s Arrmas. Then watched RC Driver (yawn) and JT (yawnx2 no running vid) and then Rich D. Rich is very complementary to Arrma and HH but his video showed in clean running conditions it took some brutal hits. He's put a hole in the chassis so will watch with interest to see if that helps.

I'm getting either a 6s or 4s Kraton end of July. $1199 for the 6s and I'm guessing $1049 for the 4s ... New Zealand dollars ... and inflation is rampant so expecting to see prices going up again soon.

Im surprised at you since you have mostly 6s rigs there. and 1 4x4. But hey, to each his own.
And I just sold a 6s Typhon, had the Outcast for sale at a steal of a price, but won't sell the Granite. It really is that good. :)

Also, editing one of my previous posts. Was rude, and I apologize.

Toys. Here we are throwing toys at each other yet again. Okay fine, you 6 an 8s guys win. Your cars are bigger and carry more mass anyway so feel good about that and please shedup about it 🙄
I’ll never understand why the expensive car guys have to hack on the cheap car guys. Is it ego? Are the so sensitive that you have to booster your egos by running the little guys down? That’s the impression given. Whatever. Have fun with that, I’m out.
No stone throwing intended.. I have representations of 2,3,4,6 and 8s..I enjoy each for what they are. They've all put smiles on my face, and still do😃

No stone throwing intended.. I have representations of 2,3,4,6 and 8s..I enjoy each for what they are. They've all put smiles on my face, and still do😃
That’s the spirit. They all have their places. Some people enjoy them all and some people stop at a certain point. There’s no reason not to respect others limitations. Sometimes those limitations are financial, other times those limitations are comfort.
Whatever they may be there’s no reason not to respect them. As Clint Eastwood said, ‘A man’s got to know his limitations’. I took it a step further and came to understand it as, ‘A man’s got to understand others limitations as well as his own’.

I will probably get a Kraton 4S. The old slipper unscrewed too easily IMO. I have no problems with slipper clutches, but I'm pretty good at setting them and noticing when they're off. 95% of the problems people have with slippers are self-inflicted IMO.
I'll confess that after setting up my slipper incorrectly on my 3s Granite, that damaged my stock driveshafts. I've learned how to set it up correctly the hard way.

I just bought metal drive shafts and set mine tight. =D
I got the metal driveshafts on my Granite now. But I removed the HR metal diffs, and the 17mm aftermarket hub adapters. Those two upgrades didn't work well for me. I only kept the aluminum yokes on the diffs and the front aluminum HR hubs. RMP arms all around.

Read all !!! I've got to admit I am a center diff kinda guy , had a couple 3s Arrmas but didn't like them . I won't belittle anyone who does like them , it has nothing to do with the cost either more or less than a 6s rig , I just like the sound of all that metal churning , the heavy planted feel of the 6s rigs and so far have had excellent experience with them , never lost an ESC or motor ( BLX) , or blew any of my diffs ( always checked / filled / shimmed ) .
At first my initial thought was no way on the new 4s rigs , but , .....but I gotta say now I wouldn't mind trying out the K4S !!! For the reason of now the lighter feeling truck with plastic chassis that won't bend and need to upgrade to M2C . It is impressively fast out the box on 4s to !!!
I will be following all of you that get them and be very interested in your time testing experience . It's just that right now I'm really not using my RC's , and prob gonna be selling off some actually .

Last edited:
If i get the 4s it would be the outcast. The kraton looks so terrible. How i am right now if i buy it its going to be free pretty much just going to have an inferior motor because the blx uses a smaller front bearing than the spektrums ones

good old arrma fixing little stuffs already. The c clip on the axles is already getting fixed. Rc guy garage had his fly out on the rear and same for rc driver

Seen all that dirt in the slipper housing, why did they not address that. At least help seal the bottom of the module or have a slot on bottom of chassis to let trash out.

But while my Granite is currently down with a blown diff, so is my 6s Kraton.
I'm just not a stickler for this platform. I gave it a shot & it had too many problems. I don't really care about problems though. All Arrmas have diff & drivetrain issues. It's just something about the 4x4s now that make me lose all the energy & drive I used to have for it. I still have a 3s Granite, Typhon, BRCC & I might grab one of these one day just to keep supporting Arrma's progress. That's how I always been. Those trucks see very little action now but it's not like I'll disown then or anything. I would love for Arrma to nail down the issues with this platform almost as much as I wish they would make a larger diff for the 6s trucks.

good old arrma fixing little stuffs already. The c clip on the axles is already getting fixed. Rc guy garage had his fly out on the rear and same for rc driver
Those CVD's have had that clip from the beginning. Mine were installed in 2020 and they have that clip. This is not a new part. IMHO, that "Arrma will fix it right away" is influencer speak for "Yeah, it broke, and I know I need to talk about it, but I don't want to talk about it became I got free trucks, so I will blindly accept Arrma's excuse and say it won't be a problem for you"

Maybe the v3 will get a "Saf-d-ring" like the 6s diff input, but I really doubt the v2's will change.

With all that said, the C-clip has never been an issue for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back