New arrma cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's better to offer the Vendetta in BLX. It appears much more aero. Better suited for a very light rig running 70mph. The Infraction not so. I am sure it was a very sorted out decision to do this. Perhaps to push a brand new Body and Model name.
The Vendetta looks like it wants to be a vintage Ferrari F40 of sorts.

t_500x300
th

Seems no one is talking about their tires though. Not crazy about them. Scares me for 70mph running and even 3s drifting.:rolleyes:
Lets see what @Rich Duperbash says.:D

Last edited:
Did anyone notice the specs for the diffs? Says the Vendetta rear diff uses gear grease and not silicone diff fluid. Front diff is 10k cst silicone fluid but rear is gear grease.

View attachment 175746
Diff grease for the rear is equivelent to 1,000 cst. FWIW.

If you look closely at the new lower 4X4 Towers, clearly their will be an optional T2T available. Using 6s lower shock pins for fastening both ends of the T2T.(y).
This would nicely strengthen chassis flex. I don't see it as a listed option part though. Maybe one of the 6s T2T's will fit. Easily modded to length.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA320584

Last edited:
It amazes people that people who supposedly understand the RC business cannot grasp that for a company to succeed it has to appeal to a wide audience that at times will not necessarily include them.
That's why companies that listen to their customers fail. "Customer is always right" is referring to the customer spending money on your wares, not what their whack-a-doodle opinions are.

Not that this is a democracy, but in a democracy, if functional, then 49% of people will be mad at you.

Diff grease for the rear is equivelent to 1,000 cst. FWIW.
Oh, I know exactly what diff grease is. But, we are always preaching to not put grease inside the diff case, use silicone diff oil.......but here we are now. Arrma is putting diff grease in the rear diff case stock from the factory. Go figure.

After a year or so of bugging my wife to bash with me, we decided to buy the infraction mega with the blue/copper paint.

I took her to a LHS a while back and she saw the infraction 6s and immediately told me to buy one lol. I don't really prefer road vehicles so I told her it was too expensive for something I probably wouldn't use much. I have a kraton 6s and granite 3s, and I have been letting her learn to drive on the granite but shes still having a tough time because its so fast. (I am using flysky gt5 radio so it only has throttle rate which also slows the brakes lol) So once I saw the mega infraction I showed it to her and explained its half the price of the 6s but nearly the same size and will have a slower motor and nimh battery so she can learn more easily. She agreed! I still have the stock motor and esc in my granite, I will probably get a max10 SCT combo and give the BLX system to the infraction later on. I am just happy she finally found something she likes and is willing to bash with me now!

So I guess I am one of the ones in the market for this weird truck lol

btw if you want to limit speed with the GT5 don't use the dual rate, use the throttle end-point, that's how you can limit the throttle without affecting the brakes
Thank you! We took the granite out again and she enjoyed it at like 30% haha

Oh, I know exactly what diff grease is. But, we are always preaching to not put grease inside the diff case, use silicone diff oil.......but here we are now. Arrma is putting diff grease in the rear diff case stock from the factory. Go figure.
Probably saving some coin on 1k silicone oil. :LOL: Grease is cheap. Especially Arrma's Stinky Pork fat grease. Any one else notice it stinks real bad. Like bacon fat??:ROFLMAO:
What I think.:unsure:
Many smaller 1/10 RTRs diffs just have grease in them.
Many of the RTR TA stuff had grease only. Including my ProSC 4x4 SCT.
Diffed out like crazy. Blew the diffs. (parts now unavailable). Diffs are NOT sealed. Yet the manual stated Silicone Oil can be used in place of grease.??? Dumb stuff.
This was basically a Thundertiger product parts bin rig. Like most of TA's RTR stuff.
A shelf queen now. Sits with 2 blown diffs.:rolleyes:
After a year or so of bugging my wife to bash with me, we decided to buy the infraction mega with the blue/copper paint.

I took her to a LHS a while back and she saw the infraction 6s and immediately told me to buy one lol. I don't really prefer road vehicles so I told her it was too expensive for something I probably wouldn't use much. I have a kraton 6s and granite 3s, and I have been letting her learn to drive on the granite but shes still having a tough time because its so fast. (I am using flysky gt5 radio so it only has throttle rate which also slows the brakes lol) So once I saw the mega infraction I showed it to her and explained its half the price of the 6s but nearly the same size and will have a slower motor and nimh battery so she can learn more easily. She agreed! I still have the stock motor and esc in my granite, I will probably get a max10 SCT combo and give the BLX system to the infraction later on. I am just happy she finally found something she likes and is willing to bash with me now!

So I guess I am one of the ones in the market for this weird truck lol
Hey have fun with it.
I guess if you stay around 70MPH, you will be fine with it. The nose just wants to lift at these speeds.
Seems like the non belted tires start to balloon at those speeds also . And they rub at the the inner body. Wearing the body paint.
Earl Moorehead explained this with his Venedetta. Running BLX. Speed gear and 3s. There are limits to this platform. But it's on par with its price point.(y)

Last edited:
on-road cars tend to be setup with really light diff on the rear and thick (or even locked) front diff. i guess that it complicates the assembly (and adds part numbers) to have a 2k diff, so good compromise i guess is to simply use the MEGA diff instead.

That's also why i think they use 7k diffs on the TLR Typhon, instead of 7K front and 3k rear, which is more common, just so they don't need to have another part.

Anecdotally, I purchased a used Senton MEGA when I was first starting out and when I cracked open the diffs, it was "filled" with grease - OK, it had a small dab of grease in it. I can only assume it came that way as the truck was almost NIB and it didn't look like it was ever opened up and there was no silicone oil residue in either the front or rear diff cases. Ended up replacing the grease with silicone oil but that was the first time I ran across grease instead of silicone oil in the diffs.

Did anyone notice the specs for the diffs? Says the Vendetta rear diff uses gear grease and not silicone diff fluid. Front diff is 10k cst silicone fluid but rear is gear grease.

View attachment 175746
Yes. The rear is grease.. anybody have a good starting diff fluid setup? I don't have much experience with on-road cars but it actually drives pretty well with the stock setup all around.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back