Infraction New Arrma Limitless and Infraction RC's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vas that would put to bed the thought that open wheels kills speed. I’m curios myself. F1 and Indy cars all have open wheels. Why wouldn’t they do a full body like NASCAR if they wanted to be faster? Why do top drag cars not have covered wheels? It would seem open wheels should be faster, but the speed guys here say covered is better. ??‍♂️

Well, I've got a TP motor ready to go in the Limitless when it arrives next month and I'll be going 8S in it at some point. I've also just bought the same ESC as you, so that's pretty much my setup... Not looking at breaking any records, it'll just be a bottomless money pit if I go down that rabbit hole, I'm just aiming to break 200kph/124mph and anything beyond that will be cream. I could have done all this on the Infraction, but I'm just not sure it'll ever be as fast with such a boxy body. Aerodynamically, it shouldn't be... That's not to say it won't crack 200kph, it could/will, I just think it will take more effort.

Which TP Motor are you planning on. That’s the unknown for me.

Which TP Motor are you planning on. That’s the unknown for me.
All I know is that it's 1520kv and it's 40x107. It's actually the same motor that I used in my Krazy Kaos Reeper build. I have 2 of those motors now (long story in how that happened). It's probably not the ideal motor for speed runs as I've seen people running much higher kv on 8S, but it's what I have and I'll work with that.
Vas that would put to bed the thought that open wheels kills speed. I’m curios myself. F1 and Indy cars all have open wheels. Why wouldn’t they do a full body like NASCAR if they wanted to be faster? Why do top drag cars not have covered wheels? It would seem open wheels should be faster, but the speed guys here say covered is better. ??‍♂️
Yeah, that's a tricky one... It all comes down to aerodynamics in the end and chassis design. Covered probably works better for RC as most people going for top speed are using chassis never designed to go that fast, so the covered body probably helps with stability. That said, your theory about drag cars doesn't apply here as they are not going for top speed, they're going for fastest time in a 1/4 mile. A lot of guys that focus on drag racing RC also don't use full bodies, they use open wheelers. When you look at the type of cars that do the top speed runs at the salt lakes, they are mainly full body cars.
But again, it all comes down to aerodynamics and how the chassis used can handle those speeds.

Last edited:
Haha, well, maybe I'll do a swap on the system when I'm done chasing speed on the Limitless and see what the Infraction can do with the same setup. That could be interesting... ??
Will you be running on that same street where you do your other speed tests?

Open wheel F1, Indy car and Top dragsters look cool. This is their design since the beginning of their class. They're not going to change design for more speed because they're fast the way they are. All these open wheel cars are so fast they need limitations to keep them safe.

F1 had so many changes over the years to keep speed down. Less wing, smaller tire, engine displacement, etc. Indy car also, if not they would be approaching 300 mph. With more speed comes more expense so there needs to be a limit to keep things affordable and competitive.

I'm a big dragracing fan, had drag cars for long time. NHRA had to shorten 1/4 mile to 1000 foot for their top fuel cars including open wheel TF dragster. They put limitations on them year to year to slow them down and technology catches up and they're back to square one back to 330 mph+ again.

They limit cubic inch, blower speed, tire size, weight, nitro percentage, etc. etc.
Then someone figures out how to go faster.

So you see all these cars go fast with open wheel and by going full bodied will only make them a little faster without the additional drag. Tire technology is pushing the limits of all these classes and sanctioned bodies need to keep a balance of keeping these cars safe for racers and spectators alike.

Will you be running on that same street where you do your other speed tests?
I have something special planned for the Limitless, but it's only an idea at moment, don't know if it will happen. ? But as I progress, yes, most likely I'll use the same road until it's no longer enough.

Open wheel F1, Indy car and Top dragsters look cool. This is their design since the beginning of their class. They're not going to change design for more speed because they're fast the way they are. All these open wheel cars are so fast they need limitations to keep them safe.

F1 had so many changes over the years to keep speed down. Less wing, smaller tire, engine displacement, etc. Indy car also, if not they would be approaching 300 mph. With more speed comes more expense so there needs to be a limit to keep things affordable and competitive.

I'm a big dragracing fan, had drag cars for long time. NHRA had to shorten 1/4 mile to 1000 foot for their top fuel cars including open wheel TF dragster. They put limitations on them year to year to slow them down and technology catches up and they're back to square one back to 330 mph+ again.

They limit cubic inch, blower speed, tire size, weight, nitro percentage, etc. etc.
Then someone figures out how to go faster.

So you see all these cars go fast with open wheel and by going full bodied will only make them a little faster without the additional drag. Tire technology is pushing the limits of all these classes and sanctioned bodies need to keep a balance of keeping these cars safe for racers and spectators alike.
So what’s the fastest class in NHRA? I thought it would be top fuel, not a pro mod.

And they are open wheel? Pro mods being closed?
TF Dragster is open wheel
TF Funny Car is full bodied aerodynamic and yet the open bodied dragester is quicker using the same engine, blower, etc.

TF Dragster is open wheel
TF Funny Car is full bodied aerodynamic and yet the open bodied dragester is quicker using the same engine, blower, etc.
Didn’t you say the opposite earlier?

Didn’t you say the opposite earlier?
I think what I was saying that with F1 and Indy, if they were to cover up the wheels it would pick up mph due to drag. But with the Top Fuel dragster compared to its funny car brother the dragsters are actually faster in a 1000 ft. run. Sorry if I confused you. Lol

What is the toe on these?

Has anyone compared all the part #'s regarding suspension?

Has Arrma scanned the manual yet? If so- link please?

I was looking for if the truck (Infraction) was like a real truck! (y)
Oh yes. At the beginning of the video you see it in action. :love:

2019 Goodwood Festival of Speed BEST of Day 2
2019 Goodwood Festival of Speed BEST of Day 3

Yvan

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Since the back flap for aero is there and not just for looks, any guesses if ARRMA will be incorporating that into electronics in the future?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back