Mojave New ARRMA Mojave 1/7th scale 6s truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I just did my 3rd run on the car and I already have parts of my body breaking. ? It's the same spot all my other short course/Baja trucks break the bodies first, the part that wraps around the back bumper has a crack on both sides.

But man is this thing flipping awesome, it's just so fast. The UDR I had has nothing on this speed wise.

The suspension just sokes up everything and makes it look like it just float over the bumps.

There is no regrets at all for trading the dbxl for this beast

4th run report. Starting to the see the body tear around the rear bumper and rear lights areas. Everything else on the body is relatively intact. I will likely clean it really good and add a few layers of gorilla tape on both sides to reinforce those two little areas.

I had some junk get into the ESC fan and stop it, so the truck went into thermal shutdown and disabled the throttle. I have a feeling that the ESC and Motor are right on the edge of what it can handle with this 16T pinion. Need to get a little mesh or something to put over the ESC to prevent grass and stuff from getting in there.

The tires are holding up surprisingly well. The compound is a little on the hard side for sure, but it definitely grips well on grass and dirt. Pavement not so much. I drove on gravel for a bit, but a ton of rocks pretty much immediately got stuck in the little area forward of the center diff. There's just no easy path for rocks and debris to come out from there. This truck would really benefit from a mesh guard I think.

4th run report. Starting to the see the body tear around the rear bumper and rear lights areas. Everything else on the body is relatively intact. I will likely clean it really good and add a few layers of gorilla tape on both sides to reinforce those two little areas.

I had some junk get into the ESC fan and stop it, so the truck went into thermal shutdown and disabled the throttle. I have a feeling that the ESC and Motor are right on the edge of what it can handle with this 16T pinion. Need to get a little mesh or something to put over the ESC to prevent grass and stuff from getting in there.

The tires are holding up surprisingly well. The compound is a little on the hard side for sure, but it definitely grips well on grass and dirt. Pavement not so much. I drove on gravel for a bit, but a ton of rocks pretty much immediately got stuck in the little area forward of the center diff. There's just no easy path for rocks and debris to come out from there. This truck would really benefit from a mesh guard I think.
I will have to agree on the motor and esc being on the limit of what it can handle with this truck. While running today I also ran into the problem of having the esc fan getting stuck and hitting thermal shut down.
This truck either needs a slightly stronger motor or a big heat sink and fan combo installed on the motor.

Putting some tape on the rear corners of the body is a good idea, will definitely do that aswell.

Do you know of anyone already has a "dust cover" for over the chassis of this car? I really do want/need one on this bad boy

mojave or db xle?

Do you have large 4s lipos? I'm talking 6000mah+ because with the DBXLE you ware going to need some high power lipos as that truck runs on 8s.

mojave or db xle?
I had a dbxl( I know it's a bit more sluggish and slightly heavier then the dbxle) but I wouldn't buy a dbxl or xle again, it's just to big for its own good as it can't get a decent turning radius. The thing ate drive shafts, I couldn't even get my motor run in before changing 3 separate drive shafts (center and 2 fronts). I don't know how this is on the dbxle but if it's the same build quality as the normal one I wouldn't get it myself. But I heard there is a 2.0 on the way so maybe that will be better.

My Mojave in the other hand has not broken a single thing and other then a stick in the fan which made it over heat I haven't had a single problem with it.

Again I only have experience with a dbxl so take this with a grain of salt.

I had a dbxl( I know it's a bit more sluggish and slightly heavier then the dbxle) but I wouldn't buy a dbxl or xle again, it's just to big for its own good as it can't get a decent turning radius. The thing ate drive shafts, I couldn't even get my motor run in before changing 3 separate drive shafts (center and 2 fronts). I don't know how this is on the dbxle but if it's the same build quality as the normal one I wouldn't get it myself. But I heard there is a 2.0 on the way so maybe that will be better.

My Mojave in the other hand has not broken a single thing and other then a stick in the fan which made it over heat I haven't had a single problem with it.

Again I only have experience with a dbxl so take this with a grain of salt.
I heard the DBXL and DBXLE needed some work out of the box.

so are u guys saying that the mojave is a better truck to get?
In my opinion yes the Mojave a better truck out of the box. The dbxl/xle can be good trucks but will need some work and money to be decent and as tuff as the Mojave is box standard

Just got mine! Some minor things I did to it:

- Install Spektrum AVC receiver. You’ll need to remove the sliding mount for this, as the AVC receiver is too large, and you won’t be able to screw down the receiver box properly if you stick the receiver on the sliding mount. As the box is really small (even a Kraton 4x4’s is bigger?), I used some double sided Velcro tape to make removal easier.

- Apply blue Loctite to the wheel nuts, as one of mine came off while running. Good thing my hub hex didn’t strip.

Very impressed with the way it handles. Very planted and jumps very nicely. Truck will roll and turn turtle for the first 10 minutes till the tyres are “seasoned” and you can slide a little without rolling.

Will probably take a black or gun metal paint marker to the wheels and paint them a bit and leave the red ring on the outer edge.

Just a thought, I think a Hummer-ish body will look nice on the Mojave too! After all, it already has the superb independent suspension and great ground clearance. What do you all think?

Last edited:
I'm french, and it is diffcult for me to understand what he say ^^, not that i don't understand english, but i don't understand HIS english speaking. It is same when he write in french, almost no single word is correctly wrote in french.

I’m hoping those blx 185’s can stick it out for a little while in a heavy 7th scale rig. In my personal opinion I think it’s even too little for an 8th scale monster truck.. let alone a 7th scale SCT. Time will tell.

what are the problems with the dblxe?
I’ll probably get hate for this, but don’t go on an arrma forum asking “what’s better, an arrma or a non arrma”. Do some research and find out which one suits you. If I had the cash, I’d buy a mojave. That said, I’d have a dbxl-e first. Those things are just plain awesome.

so are u guys saying that the mojave is a better truck to get?

Arrma offer us several good 6S trucks out of the box. (y)
The Mojave is part of it. :love:
Kraton + Talion + Typhon and so on. All are excellent trucks. (y):love:(y)
Yvan :cool:

Attachments

• DSC01065.JPG
    DSC01065.JPG
    291 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC01068.JPG
    DSC01068.JPG
    279.2 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC01071.JPG
    DSC01071.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 49
Some pics of the Mojave 6S sending it!

Attachments

• 1200 _P7A5951a.jpg
    1200 _P7A5951a.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 1200 _P7A5953b.jpg
    1200 _P7A5953b.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 1200 _P7A5978a.jpg
    1200 _P7A5978a.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • 1200 _P7A6001a.jpg
    1200 _P7A6001a.jpg
    852.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 1200 _P7A6126a.jpg
    1200 _P7A6126a.jpg
    701.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 1200 _P7A6143b.jpg
    1200 _P7A6143b.jpg
    917.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 1200 _P7A6154b.jpg
    1200 _P7A6154b.jpg
    932.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 1200 _P7A6228a.jpg
    1200 _P7A6228a.jpg
    680.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 1200 _P7A6229a.jpg
    1200 _P7A6229a.jpg
    642.8 KB · Views: 57
  • 1200 _P7A6247a.jpg
    1200 _P7A6247a.jpg
    675.4 KB · Views: 46
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back