Kraton New Kraton 6s owner Battery question and updates?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the XT90
20200103_123219.jpg

So the connections I’m looking for are the dark blue purplish looking ones. Imma order some batteries up eBay has: 2pcs HRB 6S 6000mAh 22.2V LiPo Battery 50C-100C EC5 Plug for RC Helicopter Drone for about $150
What kind of run time would I get out of these ? And mAh rating higher better or what am I looking for ?

So the connections I’m looking for are the dark blue purplish looking ones. Imma order some batteries up eBay has: 2pcs HRB 6S 6000mAh 22.2V LiPo Battery 50C-100C EC5 Plug for RC Helicopter Drone for about $150
What kind of run time would I get out of these ? And mAh rating higher better or what am I looking for ?
Yeah the blue ones. Don't go too much mah, they weigh more, I like to stay around 5000 mah. Runtime depends on different factors, 15 minutes or so.
Make sure them lipos fit your tray!

Cool thanks now I need to find a good place to run it. Anyone in the Tampa Florida area know a spot ?

I used to live in Tampa about 15 years ago so I'm no help there. But there was a skate park on Nebraska Ave in South Tampa. I doubt it is there now though.

Cool thanks now I need to find a good place to run it. Anyone in the Tampa Florida area know a spot ?
You need a good size area to stretch the legs on that beast. I don't like running mine in the street in front of the house, might take out a kid, dog or cat. Leave that for 10 scale stuff lol.

Lol
I think I’ll start another thread see if anyone is around in my area maybe does meet ups and knows a good place to run it. Cause it definitely needs room to unleash it

I get 15-17 minutes on my hrb 5000's and 17-19 on my hobbystar 6200's. Lower end when at the grass bmx track, more resistance in the grass and more WOT running. Higher end when at the skate park, lots of lower speeds then quick bursts to launch.

I bash alone now, so I don't just sit around and watch someone else or anything. Surprising how much longer packs last when there's more than one guy running. lol!

Lol
I think I’ll start another thread see if anyone is around in my area maybe does meet ups and knows a good place to run it. Cause it definitely needs room to unleash it
I used to run my rc's alot at the university of south florida campus. Well groomed and some nice berm jumps (y)

Hey was Carrollwood park around where u were here ? Seems cool but the grass seems a bit tall. How does it handle grass ?

Yes it was. Taller grass is going to lower your run times a bit and cause some heat. If you don't already have a IR Temp gun you should get one to keep an eye on your temps. A $20 temp gun could save you alot in the long run.

I run two different sets of 3s packs in mine.
1. Onyx 5000MAH 35c (came with my Kraton)
2. SMC 7200MAH 90c constant ?

The SMC’s are very hard on the drivetrain. I’m usually grabbing the Onyx set I have. They are easier to drive with.

I grabbed this pack on eBay HRB 6S LiPo Battery 5000mA 22.2V 50C for RC Drone XT90 T-REX 550 Helicopter FPV.
Still need a charger for LiPo batteries if anyone has any recommendations.
I grabbed this pack on eBay HRB 6S LiPo Battery 5000mA 22.2V 50C for RC Drone XT90 T-REX 550 Helicopter FPV.
Still need a charger for LiPo batteries if anyone has any recommendations.
Srry wrong one I posted it was this one:
6S 22.2V 5000mAh 60C Lipo Battery EC5 Plug For RC Car Truck Drone Helicopter

HTRC is what I use, they a few different models. Keep in mind what @oldsstated with wattage output. You want to select a charger that will be able to supply the power to charge your batteries efficiently.

I don't have experience with other chargers yet, so hopefully some others may chime in with some other brands or models!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back