New Losi U4???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look really nice. Longer wheelbase than a tenacity pro, 375 instead of ~330mm, with bigger wheels, but all the rest look like same, excepted the body shell. Almost all the spares are mentioned to fit all the tenacity chassis.

But, on the Losi website they advise to use it with 3s os 4s. The drive train train is a 1/10 SCT drive train, not a 1/8 drive train. I'm not sure the shafts will survive long with heavier weight and 4s. I did a short run test with the tenacity pro db, on 3s, very nice handling and good amount of power, but i will never use it on 4s, it is a 1/10 drive train.
I had a DB Pro also and that drive train is built better then half of the 1/8 drivetrains out there from just years ago. I think if a Maxx 4S and 4S Arrma lineup can take 4S with there plastic shafts and diffs the way they are, then this Losi definitely will especially if it has the dB pro diffs and cvd drives. But Mabey 4S will wear out things quicker? We will see I suppose

After watching the videos available and specs, this thing looks awesome. The Tenacity line is pretty good I had the DB Pro for a while, and this on 4S! I think I’ll sell my crawler (Axial Capra) and buy this rock racer. It’s more my style for sure didn’t really like crawler RC. And I’ve got some nice gds beadlocks with proline tires that will fit this buggy I think. Pretty cool release by Losi!
I had a DB Pro also and that drive train is built better then half of the 1/8 drivetrains out there from just years ago. I think if a Maxx 4S and 4S Arrma lineup can take 4S with there plastic shafts and diffs the way they are, then this Losi definitely will especially if it has the dB pro diffs and cvd drives. But Mabey 4S will wear out things quicker? We will see I suppose

For me, the only problem with the DB is the CD with anything over 3s. I found out the expensive way. The final fix was almost locking the CD with 20M. Any CD diff action with the DB = crazy heat. The CD was getting hotter than the motor 2x. That and upgrading to HD diff cups. It took 6s with 20M but it turned into a rocket without steering..

I always thought U4 rock racers needs a solid rear axle like the Rock Rey.
I was thinking the same thing. Wasn’t that what everyone complains about the Mojave...no solid axle so it can’t compete with the others...The u4 looks like a nice model though

I was thinking the same thing. Wasn’t that what everyone complains about the Mojave...no solid axle so it can’t compete with the others...The u4 looks like a nice model though
I does look cool but not a true rock racer without a solid rear axle and a locked rear diff.

The “real” lazernut looks to have independent rear. At least this one...
66796076-9A7B-4E4A-B994-0C20FEC61938.png

There’s another smaller one they race which has solid rear axle.

This is one of the better promo vids I have seen. Love how they mix the 1:1 footage with the scale. :)

The car looks cool too. Nice job Losi!
The 1/10 RC actually looks better than the 1:1, imo. I think the tire size proportion being bigger on the RC make it look better.

I'm going to be honest with you guys (and galls) I think 1 to 1 versions are just weird for some reason. They just look like they belong In some sort of si-fi movie. But I'm not gonna complain about the rc. They won't send me one if I do.
I really don't know what you're looking for. This is exactly the kind of RC you should want based on your other thread. Crawling, high speed, scale detail.

I think it's based on the TEN chassis .. and if true, it'll hold up to quite a bit.

Last edited:
I think it's based on the TEN chassis .. and if true, it'll hold up to quite a bit.

You can tell she wears the pants... :ROFLMAO:

Just drove this at my LHS earlier today on 4s, pretty cool buggy. Needs more oomph for me so If I scoop up one up I'll be installing at least 6s in it.. ;)

I'll be installing at least 6s in it.. ;)
2050kv, right? And it's the firma 130? The firma 150 would be better for 6s, but you could probably push the stock setup without just blowing it up.

Do they have any black ones in stock?

I stopped in Schaumburg and they had a black one on the glass. (y)
2050kv, right? And it's the firma 130? The firma 150 would be better for 6s, but you could probably push the stock setup without just blowing it up.

I'd just do another HW 2200 1/8th system in it.

I stopped in Schaumburg and they had a black one on the glass. (y)

I'd just do another HW 2200 1/8th system in it.
Not sure if you've done it before but you should post a picture of all your RC's. You must have a fleet!

You can tell she wears the pants... :ROFLMAO:

Just drove this at my LHS earlier today on 4s, pretty cool buggy. Needs more oomph for me so If I scoop up one up I'll be installing at least 6s in it.. ;)
Why stop there? Build a trailer for the second 6S pack ??‍♂️?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back