New Losi U4???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if you've done it before but you should post a picture of all your RC's. You must have a fleet!

Limitless still
K12S
Tenacity DB
PL Pro MT
Kaiju
4-tec
Mini-DB
DBXLE

Maybe this thing, maybe that other thing...

Not as many as you!

Why stop there? Build a trailer for the second 6S pack ??‍♂️?

Cost too much money to charge all the batteries.. ;)

Limitless still
K12S
Tenacity DB
PL Pro MT
Kaiju
4-tec
Mini-DB
DBXLE

Maybe this thing, maybe that other thing...

Not as many as you!

Cost too much money to charge all the batteries.. ;)
I was under the impression you owned like 40! ?

I had a couple others on order but canceled them. 40? :eek: HELL NO! I have to save up for my pre-mid life crisis R8 Spyder :LOL:
I'm at my max capacity which is somewhere around 13 or 14. Now I would sell one of I get a new one. The problem is trying to decide which one to sell or give away. I really like the looks of the black Felony but I'm all honesty I've run my Infraction ZERO times this year. I just prefer jumping to road bashing and speed running is definitely not my thing. I might buy the parts to convert my Infraction so I can go back and forth for the 3 times a year I run it ?

I'm at my max capacity which is somewhere around 13 or 14. Now I would sell one of I get a new one. The problem is trying to decide which one to sell or give away. I really like the looks of the black Felony but I'm all honesty I've run my Infraction ZERO times this year. I just prefer jumping to road bashing and speed running is definitely not my thing. I might buy the parts to convert my Infraction so I can go back and forth for the 3 times a year I run it ?

I stopped into the LHS today to look at all the new stuff but mainly to see if they had the parts in stock for that conversion! If they had them in stock (see LHS! impulse buy.. IMPULSE BUY!) I would have pulled my limitless outa the classified and did the Felony conversion. Then I ran into this Losi. Nice buggy! I need to focus and stay outa the LHS's!

Greg from RCDriver had issues keeping his tires on. Make sure you get nylon lock nuts for the wheels. He lost 4 nuts in a single pack. Right rear kept coming loose.

I have one of these on order, hasn't shipped yet. Looks pretty cool, kind of a scale basher as one youtuber said. Its a little spendy but I had a coupon code someone generously shared on here which knocked a few bucks off. Now I will have a car for all my mismatched 4s packs I cant use in the k8s...

I found myself looking at the overhead chassis view today and it looks like a 4092 can would fit, and maybe the max6 in front of the motor, move the receiver over to the old esc spot (or just leave it on the servo). It looks like according to the part list the center diff has a plastic spur? I saw robinson has hardened steel spurs 37-40t. I ordered a 37 just in case since I couldn't find the 40's. In reality I bet those tires wouldn't like 6s for too long. I may just keep it on 4s but it might be a little spicy on the smaller toothed spur, i'll have to watch temps and maybe look at a low profile fan setup for it.

I found myself looking at the overhead chassis view today and it looks like a 4092 can would fit, and maybe the max6 in front of the motor, move the receiver over to the old esc spot (or just leave it on the servo). It looks like according to the part list the center diff has a plastic spur? I saw robinson has hardened steel spurs 37-40t. I ordered a 37 just in case since I couldn't find the 40's. In reality I bet those tires wouldn't like 6s for too long. I may just keep it on 4s but it might be a little spicy on the smaller toothed spur, i'll have to watch temps and maybe look at a low profile fan setup for it.

4092 yes but you'll rip out of everything its attached to:ROFLMAO: 1480KV you'd need a UGE pinion to get any type of speed and you'd have to dremel out the mount slot like I had to. 24T pinion is the largest on that mount still having enough material to bolt it up.. I have a 4274 w MAX6 on my Tenacity and had to raise the CD 3mm to fit. Can just clears the chassis. I'm assuming its the same CD and mount. You can see the spacers below. Also, running this motor on 4s without almost locking up the CD made more heat in the CD than the motor and ESC did. Crazy heat! The innards were hot enough to melt the O ring!

IMG_1032.JPG
IMG_0893 (1).JPG

4092 yes but you'll rip out of everything its attached to:ROFLMAO: 1480KV you'd need a UGE pinion to get any type of speed and you'd have to dremel out the mount slot like I had to. 24T pinion is the largest on that mount still having enough material to bolt it up.. I have a 4274 w MAX6 on my Tenacity and had to raise the CD 3mm to fit. Can just clears the chassis. I'm assuming its the same CD and mount. You can see the spacers below. Also, running this motor on 4s without almost locking up the CD made more heat in the CD than the motor and ESC did. Crazy heat! The innards were hot enough to melt the O ring!

View attachment 96074View attachment 96075
Yeah I talked myself out of the max6 combo, but I would like to add a fan to the motor since I'm looking at a little smaller spur. How tall is that fan? I'm guessing it's a 50mm but can't tell the height.

Yeah I talked myself out of the max6 combo, but I would like to add a fan to the motor since I'm looking at a little smaller spur. How tall is that fan? I'm guessing it's a 50mm but can't tell the height.

I believe it is a WTF 50x10 in that pic but I've since went with the WTF 40x10. I'm not sure what fan mount would fit the stock can or a 40mm can.

I believe it is a WTF 50x10 in that pic but I've since went with the WTF 40x10. I'm not sure what fan mount would fit the stock can or a 40mm can.
I have a few options for the 40mm can, depending on room. i'll have to order a few fans and see what I can do. I have some 40x10/15/20 I can try and may see if I can fit a full 28mm one.

I’ve put a few packs through mine and this is my review (4s only.) The receiver needs to be rebound out of the box, other than that it was rtr. Two settings that desperately need to be changed on the esc are the punch up to at least 7 and the lvc from 3.0v to 3.4 (they must want to sell more lipos...).

As some youtubers stated the servo seems weak. I tightened the ss almost all the way and the handling is stellar. Servo Mount was pretty loose as well as several screws. Front wheels screws were lock tighted good but rears were not and would have came off most likely.

Save 6s for the typhon as this will not last long on 6s. The little hexes, cvds and tiny wheels screws will be struggling to stay together on 4s. Also note that pushing on the front suspension you have to force it a little to have the chassis touch the ground. It’s not so much the shocks as the short arms and big tires maxing out the cvd travel. This has not giving me trouble yet but I really am careful to let off the throttle while the suspension is fully compressed. Other than that I love the buggy.

With outside temps in the 80’s(f) and running a mix of grass, dirt, hills and jumps motor is low 170’s, esc low 100’s and battery just a little warm. Running a lightweight 4500mah pack runs maybe 20minutes or so. You do not want to over load this with a big battery, the liveliness of it will be lost imo...
Looks of this thing are really good, black is more of a carbon fiber look and it’s really cool. Here’s a few pics of it compared to a 1/10 scale crawler and 1/8 Kraton for comparison. As you can see it’s pretty big but very light...
8A1C083B-E9EB-4671-84E4-356CAECAC611.jpeg
59DDEA38-A17A-4F1A-B3E8-71833D2F63C0.jpeg
ED9D16CC-60D2-401B-8767-EBD66E4F4CE3.jpeg
80810345-EAD4-400F-8D0A-4F68AE5F7B47.jpeg
94272567-8687-40CC-9D52-0305660FE3D3.jpeg
8FAA8A60-897F-4E0E-9454-98337D488B5E.jpeg

Some complained about the name on YouTube. The name comes from the Wagners (real Lasernut owners) family business. They make high performance off-road vehicle parts. They started out with sheet metal fabrication with a “laser” metal cutting machine and their business is called “Lasernut Fabrications”.
https://lasernut.com/

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back