New Traxxas truggy????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the little "ears" seem like a common breakpoint. I hadn't noticed until I was getting the truck ready for all the goodies coming this week.

On a plus, Traxxas already shipped the front upper replacements that originally had a May ship date! Waiting on confirmation for the rear part number so I can try to beef them up a little.

Agreed! I originally had an cart with Vitavon direct, until I saw it all ships from China. So I ordered from their ebay store which had a 2 week earlier ETA. Only to get a tracking number coming from China 🙄

View attachment 285430

View attachment 285431
Mine broke the light gray piece in the center which is the shock tower.. I ordered both cuz I wasn't sure if the upper bulhead might have been cracked somewhere too.. guess I have a spare upper bulkhead and left shock tower now.👍

I wish vitavon had a real US distributor. I know rcjuice has a few things but they have zero XRT stuff and exocaged has a few things but most is always sold out. Only option is to wait 3 weeks from china.
Bro imagine my pain when I ripped open the package for the XRT steering rack and I had accidentally ordered one for the X maxx instead

I'm really torn right now. I've been looking at getting 2 SMC 4S 8200mAh 150C packs for $212.90 but Amazon has the CNHL 4S 9500mAh 90C 2 pack for $41.51 cheaper at $171.39 after a $30 discount.
https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=688
https://www.amazon.com/CNHL-Battery-9500mAh-14-8V-Truck/dp/B0BRCCRQFC/
do you want to save 40$ or do you want to feel a difference in the power. There will definitely be a difference, but maybe it won't matter to you.

do you want to save 40$ or do you want to feel a difference in the power. There will definitely be a difference, but maybe it won't matter to you.
While I can't speak from experience with SMC, I do have some CNHL's..good, but not great. If I could swing the price difference, SMC'S for sure. Just my 02.

Is the difference 10+ minutes or would it be only power that's different?
Sadly I don't know. I would assume there is a run time difference just from the smc having better voltage sag. I'd pick the smc no questions asked, but my electronics are greedy. you might be happy enough with the cnhl and lowering your lvc to low. if you had a tp motor I'd probably insist you get the smc.

@PeighDay noticed a nice difference going from cheaper brands to one very very similar to smc quality.

Sadly I don't know. I would assume there is a run time difference just from the smc having better voltage sag. I'd pick the smc no questions asked, but my electronics are greedy. you might be happy enough with the cnhl and lowering your lvc to low. if you had a tp motor I'd probably insist you get the smc.
I'm not lowering it to low. On medium the cutoff was ~3.17V per cell. High is 3.7V so that's where I'm keeping it.

I'm really torn right now. I've been looking at getting 2 SMC 4S 8200mAh 150C packs for $212.90 but Amazon has the CNHL 4S 9500mAh 90C 2 pack for $41.51 cheaper at $171.39 after a $30 discount.
https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=688
https://www.amazon.com/CNHL-Battery-9500mAh-14-8V-Truck/dp/B0BRCCRQFC/

The CNHL 9500mah batteries with ec5 plugs will only have 10awg wire, the qs8 equipped have 8awg. Lately they’ve been having better sales direct from CNHL. I think a week or two ago that battery with a qs8 plug was like $59. I bought one a few weeks ago for $79.

I'm finding that LVC is cutting in prematurely after installing the max6 in my Xmaxx.. I'm consistently seeing 14.5 volts when starting a charge cycle on my CNHL's with the Hota S6.. I'm pretty sure LVC is at default on the max6.
Perhaps it's the bad cell in one of my packs? I know one of my two CNHL 6200's has a really high ir reading on one cell.. it's puffing and getting pretty warm after a run. Bet that's where my problem is, bad cell..
IDK, I got a year outta them (CNHL's).. $50 a piece, can't complain. One is still good but unfortunately CNHL isn't selling these packs anymore. They're the "racing" 6200 100c 4s packs..

I'm not lowering it to low. On medium the cutoff was ~3.17V per cell. High is 3.7V so that's where I'm keeping it.
With cheaper batteries you're going to probably want it on medium. I'd hate my cnhl lipos if I had lvc set to 3.7v. I'm pretty sure cnhl even suggests 3.2 or 3.4, something around there. I really wish hobbywing would give more control over lvc instead of just low med high.

Rcbattery.com has some pretty good deals on Liperiors right now. Debating grabbing a set.
Hey you're right!!

https://rcbattery.com/liperior-9000mah-4s-50c-14-8v-lipo-battery-with-ec5-plug.html

These the ones I bought, I think the sale I got them from was a little better at like 62$ or so per but still good deal. I think the lipo tester guy had these packs as higher quality than cnhl except for the G star series of cnhl.

I definitely had to lower my lvc with these compared to my smc though but after doing that they've been great.

Yeeeaahh I really need different batteries. I just took my truck out for a run after installing the high power fans and I only got about 6 mins before LVC. The ECS didn't go into thermal shutdown though so there's still a chance.
How are those Liperior batteries? I really like the price.

Yeeeaahh I really need different batteries. I just took my truck out for a run after installing the high power fans and I only got about 6 mins before LVC. The ECS didn't go into thermal shutdown though so there's still a chance.
How are those Liperior batteries? I really like the price.
Me too.. I only own one set for the Xmaxx. Also have a couple 3s packs I run in my 6s rigs that are falling off..I need batteries!! I'll likely stick with running 2 packs in my 6s rigs since I now have 3, 3s rigs too..

I’d like a set of the Liperior batteries myself, but I now have three sets of the CNHL 9500 and a set of 8000 4s power hobbies. Just don’t think I realistically need anymore right now.

I think I'm going to go with those Liperion batteries instead of the SMC (at least for now) because of how cheap those 4S 9A are...unless someone convinced me otherwise.
Do it, they're not bad and most likely better than those cnhl you were looking at. You're definitely not going to want to leave that lvc at high though lol.

Back