New Traxxas truggy????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually really curious what you spent the money on. I can't even think of that many upgrades that my xmaxx needs tbh. Even on my XRT that has given me the most problems I still haven't spent THAT MUCH on it. M2c motor mount, battery trays, m2c driveshaft, gpm dog bones, bellcrank, hr/vitavon diffs. Saga spurs and pinions. servo/motor/esc, drive cup braces and bowhouse shaft.

I just calculated everything I've spent on my first XRT and it came out to be about 2k and that's including everything except tires and lipo. Not including them since I can use both with a bunch of other rigs. My motor/esc alone were about 500$

That is a lot cheaper of a total than the number you mentioned You have to be exaggerating!! :eek: :ROFLMAO:
Nope. Not exaggerating sadly.

Not sure if the XRT comes apart exactly like the X Maxx but it's 26 screws to separate the rear from the chassis (30 if you remove the shocks) and 18 to release the center diff.

Not sure if the XRT comes apart exactly like the X Maxx but it's 26 screws to separate the rear from the chassis (30 if you remove the shocks) and 18 to release the center diff.
That's a lot of screws. I think arrma 8s is like half of that at least.

Did you throw all the screws in one pile? I do.. if it fits, it ships!!😉🤣🤣
My bro has to label and line everything out.. I'm like, huh, what ya doin that for?🤔🤣🤣
Of course I've mixed them up a time or two but, I just can't be bothered with all that nonsense🤷‍♂️🍻

My bro has to label and line everything out.. I'm like, huh, what ya doin that for?🤔🤣🤣
Of course I've mixed them up a time or two but, I just can't be bothered with all that nonsense🤷‍♂️🍻
this sounds terrifying :eek: :ROFLMAO:

I put them in a pile next to each part they hold together. I have a very photographic memory so even if I did mix them up I'd still know where every screw goes...plus it helps that I've taken the truck apart 10 times at least, mostly the rear as I hate getting the front back on cause I always have to fight it to slide together.

I put them in a pile next to each part they hold together. I have a very photographic memory so even if I did mix them up I'd still know where every screw goes.
Me too.. to a point. If it's been apart for too long, not so much. Honestly though, alot is common sense, the rest is trial and error.. I've put screws into the Xmaxx where they didn't belong..poked right through the bottom of the chassis😮🤔🤷‍♂️
Oops, guess that's not where it goes..LOL.

Throws roosters 😁 at 1/3 throttle. Not really able to go full throttle with stock gearing. Too much traction. Runs really nice with stock XMaxx tires. More traction that stock. The stock XRT tires are great for gravel and pavement.

20230323_175013.jpg

Last edited:
It's nice to try the paddles but the batteries drain too fast. And it's hard on the 1100KV Hobbywing. The Max6 is fine - would not have thought that. I would not get the paddles again. Actually needs a smaller pinion. Hardly possible to go full power as it will flip. So much traction and just too much on the motor.

Last edited:
I see.. according to HW site, the max5 is only like 2mm wider than the max6..got 2mm to spare in there? I don't remember how tight the fit is in my Xmaxx for the max6. I have it in original location, held down with double sided Gorilla tape. Nice and low, like it should be, no movement thus far either. Originally, I was going to drill a couple holes through the chassis for zip ties as insurance. I was too lazy TBH, but it hasn't moved yet, taken some hard landings too🤷‍♂️
The max 5 will not fit in the Xmaxx unless you buy the kit or one of those crappy ones that fit on top of the chassis brace.
Ever seen this happen to an Xmaxx diff or any diff ? I cracked the little rods that hold the spider gears !!

This is my first diff problem I’ve ever had with an Xmaxx. I got 4 years out before an issue, so I suppose that’s good.

Attachments

• 39E149B2-AD8E-4E1A-B911-2B4685243983.jpeg
    39E149B2-AD8E-4E1A-B911-2B4685243983.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 339F07AF-11C4-455A-82ED-BD0FF0C98724.jpeg
    339F07AF-11C4-455A-82ED-BD0FF0C98724.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 26
The max 5 will not fit in the Xmaxx unless you buy the kit or one of those crappy ones that fit on top of the chassis brace.
Ever seen this happen to an Xmaxx diff or any diff ? I cracked the little rods that hold the spider gears !!

This is my first diff problem I’ve ever had with an Xmaxx. I got 4 years out before an issue, so I suppose that’s good.

The m2c mount has been great for me!

tempImageRZO4Tv.jpg

A sheet of kydex I had lying around around, a cut off of some insulation board, a hot glue gun and 20 minutes of my time. Max5s fit super easy

Anybody got a printable cover for the gears? The bottom is pretty full of sand when you unscrew the large base plate unter the XRT.

Anybody got a printable cover for the gears? The bottom is pretty full of sand when you unscrew the large base plate unter the XRT.
I could use a gear cover that fits too. I bought a large Xmaxx one and it didn't fit 🤣

I'm actually starting to like the blue shocks. Makes it stand out more from all the black/grey. One thing I don't like is how shiny it is. It looked better before I peeled the protective film off as it gave a sort of sheen to it like the second pic. I'll have to experiment with a scrap piece of polycarbonate and sandpaper and if it comes out right I'll apply it to my truck.

P_20230326_090835.jpg

P_20230324_170015.jpg

Had some time to fix the X Maxx and decided to pull the Max5/1100 out of it and swap it with the stock XRT electrics:

tempImageE7ZdHx.jpg

tempImageYqWAr0.jpg

Here's the pile of bits it took to fix the X:

tempImageuWBQOI.jpg

tempImagesg93cM.jpg

First impressions, the XRT handles the big can much better than the X. But also the centre diff is screaming out for an ear plug now more than ever. Even with the loose centre it is a wheelie animal now though. I've only got the speed bumps outside my house I've hit so far, but before it would struggle to lift the front and land nose down most the time, now it will whip the front up so looking forward to hitting the skatepark. I don't see the standard tyres lasting much longer now though, I'm surprised they have lasted this long as it is.

With the X I am also pleasantly surprised. I used the XRTs ESC which Traxxas say is rowdier than the Xs so don't know if it's that, but it just felt like the right set up in the X vs the big block.

Oh yeah last bash with the XRT at the skatepark I shredded a hardened steel pinion. First big jump of the night, fat old back flip, landed perfectly off power but from 30+ feet up. Went to pull away and it sounded rough, thought it was the driveshaft, gave it power and it ripped all the teeth off. I don't have a lot of luck with these plastic chassis cars and gearing so when I installed the stock electrics in the X, I used 12/35 mod 1.5 gears as I am sure they are way more resistant to dying when the chassis flexes than mod 1 gears. The plastic cover fits but they still loud af lol

Had some time to fix the X Maxx and decided to pull the Max5/1100 out of it and swap it with the stock XRT electrics:

View attachment 288393

View attachment 288395

Here's the pile of bits it took to fix the X:

View attachment 288391

View attachment 288392

First impressions, the XRT handles the big can much better than the X. But also the centre diff is screaming out for an ear plug now more than ever. Even with the loose centre it is a wheelie animal now though. I've only got the speed bumps outside my house I've hit so far, but before it would struggle to lift the front and land nose down most the time, now it will whip the front up so looking forward to hitting the skatepark. I don't see the standard tyres lasting much longer now though, I'm surprised they have lasted this long as it is.

With the X I am also pleasantly surprised. I used the XRTs ESC which Traxxas say is rowdier than the Xs so don't know if it's that, but it just felt like the right set up in the X vs the big block.

Oh yeah last bash with the XRT at the skatepark I shredded a hardened steel pinion. First big jump of the night, fat old back flip, landed perfectly off power but from 30+ feet up. Went to pull away and it sounded rough, thought it was the driveshaft, gave it power and it ripped all the teeth off. I don't have a lot of luck with these plastic chassis cars and gearing so when I installed the stock electrics in the X, I used 12/35 mod 1.5 gears as I am sure they are way more resistant to dying when the chassis flexes than mod 1 gears. The plastic cover fits but they still loud af lol
Honestly, ear plugs in the center is crazy. I did it to my k8s/o8s and XRT 01 and I noticed the biggest difference with the XRT. I had to lower my punch it was so nuts. My punch control right now on the xlx2 is at like 50% So that's like the equivalent of whatever the middle setting is probably. It still feels too sensitive too. I barely touch the throttle and it's wheeling. I haven't tried air control with it yet but I bet it's redonkulous

Back