Why are integrated hubs and steering blocks not more common?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

Reaction score
I’ve noticed that a lot of cars (like the 1/10 arrmas) use two separate pieces for the steering block/hub assembly and was wondering why. All my Chinese minis use a simple one piece steering hub, similar to the outside steering hub on an arrma 4s vehicle. This seems like a cheaper and simpler solution, but does it have a downside?

I'm not sure what you mean by 1 piece hub assembly. The Arrma 3s and 4s line use the same c hub steering block setup so not sure what you mean by the Chinese cars being similar to the 4s line.

But most of the Chinese cars are made as cheaply as they possibly can so that is probably why they use simple hub designs.

I think he means c-hub and knuckle vs a 1 piece hub with pillow balls... my guess is the 2 piece design is cheaper? I don't know for sure though, but I favor the 1 piece knuckle with pillow balls myself

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the ball joint or pillow ball construction is more robust than a c-hub design and since "bash, blast, blow up and buy another!"® is Arrma's official motto, it would make sense that they would opt for the construction that can absorb more punishment before failure. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Please don't make me actually laugh like this in the morning, I'm not a morning person.
My humblest apologies your majesty. I shall re-double my efforts to govern my tongue before the 'morn has risen and reign in my alacrity to honor those who waketh behind me.

Godspeed Sir Fisher. May your morning be free from incident.
knight-salute.gif

Back