Notorious Notorious… slow Velo build (a comedy of errors)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh…hit that one rock jump at the park wrong 🙄 gotta go home and fix it now.

302E267E-0449-4D85-B4C7-1DBBEF88B7F7.jpeg

Ugh…hit that one rock jump at the park wrong 🙄 gotta go home and fix it now.

View attachment 213368
Did you set your droop properly so that the arms at full extension compress the shocks a bit? Swap out with the Arrma Nero HD Rod ends - beefier. To be fair I’ve only broken one on my Notorious so only have one of the HD Rod ends on. That was my fault as I nailed a fence post at about 40 mph with just my right front wheel. While 5 feet in the air. I was pretty happy O only had to replace a $2 rod end.

Just read the whole thing to date. Nice build, Velo! One thing I will say I hate about Arrma (and it might be the only thing) is that the diagrams aren’t even from the same planet as assembly diagrams from other brands. Even the crappy brands! All they have are exploded views that are not only in no way intuitive, but do no good in many cases if you don’t know the proper 1, 2, 3 sequence of assembly. Very frustrating. If I would have bought my first 6s Arrma back in the day when there was no internet, YouTube or forums to help I might have tossed it in the dumpster. Even the RTR’s from AE come with full assembly diagrams, for crying out loud. This forum has been a godsend to me and I’m still mos def learning these 6s trucks even after wrenching on them for almost a year. I think you did a proper job figuring it all out. Very nice, man.
Well that was funny. When I put the car down and slightly hit the trigger the wheels turned but the car didn’t go anywhere. I did a Scooby Doo ‘Ruh Roh’ and after the confusion passed, realized what was going on. The ass end was going backwards and the front end was going forward 😑
I did the same once. I had one of my diffs flipped in the housing. Since you hadn’t been into them yet, maybe they came from different trucks?

Last edited:
Did you set your droop properly so that the arms at full extension compress the shocks a bit? Swap out with the Arrma Nero HD Rod ends - beefier. To be fair I’ve only broken one on my Notorious so only have one of the HD Rod ends on. That was my fault as I nailed a fence post at about 40 mph with just my right front wheel. While 5 feet in the air. I was pretty happy O only had to replace a $2 rod end.
Beats me lol. Somethings I gotta figure out…

Dang dude what did you hit? I've never broken that before. Those rpm arms must be working because seems like that getting smashed would have taken out the arm too?
Just a dead head rock sticking far enough up and tagged it perfect. With my 3s cars if I hit it right they launch…that’s why I call it the rock jump. Didn’t work with a 6s car 😂

Nope, didn’t faze the rpm arm fortunately. Easy fix and ran another pack through it. Love the noto!

Last edited:
Hey man, I was rushing when I responded to you the first time. I got the M2C droop screws installed already but have yet to properly set them. I need to do that and thank you for the reminder. I’ve heard that about the Nero rod ends before and will look for them. Got any other hints?

I was pretty close so saw exactly what happened. I was just trying to hit this rock jump like I do with my 3S cars not thinking that the way the corner of the rock sticks up it would clip the arm hard, and it did. Didn’t hurt the car in any other way, flip it or even throw it off track. I just heard a crack and then it was sagging on one side lol

Hey man, I was rushing when I responded to you the first time. I got the M2C droop screws installed already but have yet to properly set them. I need to do that and thank you for the reminder. I’ve heard that about the Nero rod ends before and will look for them. Got any other hints?

I was pretty close so saw exactly what happened. I was just trying to hit this rock jump like I do with my 3S cars not thinking that the way the corner of the rock sticks up it would clip the arm hard, and it did. Didn’t hurt the car in any other way, flip it or even throw it off track. I just heard a crack and then it was sagging on one side lol

It helps with handling as well when you set droop correctly. I like a little more droop in the back compared to the front. @razorrc 's tuning video has all the good stuff you need:

Hmmm. The best tip I can give is not to go with bigger power and heavier, but light weight instead.

@Velodromed man I have really enjoyed reading this thread. You have taught me and inspired me as well when I start my Mojave/Outcast XL build later. I love getting ideas from all the builds, but the details and pictures are always a nice touch.

I almost forgot how to drive my Big Rock after messing around with the Mojave so much in the last week!

Hope everyone is doing well! Does your daughter need more bubbles? I am sure we could supply her with some! LOL

@Velodromed man I have really enjoyed reading this thread. You have taught me and inspired me as well when I start my Mojave/Outcast XL build later. I love getting ideas from all the builds, but the details and pictures are always a nice touch.

I almost forgot how to drive my Big Rock after messing around with the Mojave so much in the last week!

Hope everyone is doing well! Does your daughter need more bubbles? I am sure we could supply her with some! LOL
Thanks man! I appreciate your words. She has a bubble machine yup. It’s crazy. Actually you just reminded me I need to get it out and clean it up for her birthday party tomorrow…thanks lol.
It helps with handling as well when you set droop correctly. I like a little more droop in the back compared to the front. @razorrc 's tuning video has all the good stuff you need:

Hmmm. The best tip I can give is not to go with bigger power and heavier, but light weight instead.
Thank you! Yeah I agree there with keeping it light. I don’t need to have the most powerful motor or send it super far. I’m just having a blast with it right now at the park. In the near future I’ll take it over to the BMX flow track and gently jump it while learning. I have my granite to send lol.

I think a horizontal grill over the entire front would be badass! The round lights are killer imo.

Could you put the arrma logo on like a hood ornament?
it works! Love the hood ornament idea!

E9F0067A-A65C-4755-B0F9-DA5DDF35B6C7.jpeg

D6660B57-0936-473B-A9D2-EF426B0F4FC3.jpeg

I got the Noto back together! New servo (went with same one as before) and made damn sure to run all the wires carefully. The new dumbo receiver had fried out at some point also. I had just got a new dumbo remote combo in the mail so went ahead and used it. All seems good and I can’t wait to run her tomorrow!

Now to open that new Kraton 🤤

Right now I just need to figure out the ass end. I know after the fact that the RPM arms I got are meant for the V4 chassis. So I assume they’re meant for V4 shock towers also.

Anyway, The rear shocks are rather far extended and sharp angle. This can’t be how they’re supposed to be, so I’m going put the rear stockers back on just to see and ease my mind. Otherwise it’s amazing. Just on 4s it’s amazing! But I can’t do 6s at the park with this thing. It’s just too much and I don’t want to cause issues. End up with RCs banned from the neighborhood lake park and that would suck. I need to get it out to the BMX pump track on a weekday while schools in session…

Spent ages looking at that shell 😃
Really nice build man.
As others have said the nero hd rod ends are an awesome upgrade. Paired with the tekno balls makes it a really good combo. Nice rig man. 👍

Spent ages looking at that shell 😃
Really nice build man.
As others have said the nero hd rod ends are an awesome upgrade. Paired with the tekno balls makes it a really good combo. Nice rig man. 👍
Thanks!! Tekno balls? What do you mean?

This is driving me nuts. Something about the rear end suspension is not right and besides, it’s squeaking like crazy and I fiddlesticking hate that. Squeaking ugh. I’m gonna take the back end apart, figure out what’s wrong.

The kid and I work on our respective projects together. Yup. I like to think that my chaos is more organized than her chaos. Somehow I always end up organizing both of our chaoses in the end though 😂

0EC0DEFF-47F4-4C21-A118-A0CDE42AD790.jpeg

0F5D1266-64C4-49C4-B112-410EC3483C94.jpeg

22838A28-9E17-40E6-8727-A0F2B5534537.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back