Official AliExpress Wheel Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going through my first bad experience with aliexpress in regards to these felony tires. I was sent the wrong package and the seller is acting like he did nothing wrong even though it's clearly the wrong package. I used paypal so I'm not too worried but if I were you guys I would 100% avoid the seller "RC Upgrades Parts Store"

He basically told me f you and if you think you're right aliexpress will refund you. He lost his rabid ass mind if he think I'm going to take an L on 166$ lol

While his customer service sucked hard, now I understand why a little more. I actually got the correct package today. It seems like the middle man who gets the packages once they hit the US is the one at fault. They somehow sent me the wrong package a day before the correct package. Aliexpress seller did nothing wrong. I always try to be honest so I wanted to correct my earlier post.

I've been impressed with these on my Kraton 4s & 6s.

$37.68 41%OFF | 4pcs/pack 1/8 Scale 17mm Hex RC Truck Tires and Wheels
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mK1b8bU

Great grip, almost too much grip on grass & paved surfaces, and nice wear. But they have a LOT of Negative wheel offset. 36mm from the innermost edge of the tire on a 78mm wide tire & about 25mm from the innermost edge of the wheel on a 63.5mm wide wheel.

I have another set of 140mm truggy wheels that I haven't glued up yet, because I'm saving them for the completion of the Kraton to Talion EXB build.

Check it out! $21.41 68%OFF |
140mm Off Road Buggy Tires Wheel 17mm Hex Hubs for 1/8 RC Racing Car 4WD
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNDXdQI

These tires are 70mm wide & have a positive offset of about 53mm from the innermost edge of the tire & about 48mm from the innermost edge of the 55mm wide wheel.

They come unglued and I'll probably use Gorilla tape or some of that Kevlar drywall type grid tape to belt them.
But for the price, I feel like I should've ordered more sets & in different colors.

I've been impressed with these on my Kraton 4s & 6s.

$37.68 41%OFF | 4pcs/pack 1/8 Scale 17mm Hex RC Truck Tires and Wheels
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mK1b8bU

Great grip, almost too much grip on grass & paved surfaces, and nice wear. But they have a LOT of Negative wheel offset. 36mm from the innermost edge of the tire on a 78mm wide tire & about 25mm from the innermost edge of the wheel on a 63.5mm wide wheel.

I have another set of 140mm truggy wheels that I haven't glued up yet, because I'm saving them for the completion of the Kraton to Talion EXB build.

Check it out! $21.41 68%OFF |
140mm Off Road Buggy Tires Wheel 17mm Hex Hubs for 1/8 RC Racing Car 4WD
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNDXdQI

These tires are 70mm wide & have a positive offset of about 53mm from the innermost edge of the tire & about 48mm from the innermost edge of the 55mm wide wheel.

They come unglued and I'll probably use Gorilla tape or some of that Kevlar drywall type grid tape to belt them.
But for the price, I feel like I should've ordered more sets & in different colors.

Those first ones I've seen a lot of guys use those. The wheels seem to be a bit or miss though as I have seen a few guys break them rather easily.

Those first ones I've seen a lot of guys use those. The wheels seem to be a bit or miss though as I have seen a few guys break them rather easily.
The 170mmx100mm ones seem to be the weaker plastic. Those you have to scroll to see.
I haven't seen big air with these off ramps. But my rigs are a bit heavy. Grabbed them because I saw the review by #IroncladRC

Ordered some of these VP Pro for the Tyjave/Mojave for a little more bash air control. Appears like they offer both a larger MT and smaller buggy option too.
I've looked at those but passed because I just don't like that wheel design. Good thing they come unmounted.

I like the look of those wheels.

I ran some VP Pro tires on my RC10B2. I made the mistake of ordering super soft tires and wore them out after like 5 packs. They look like slicks now :ROFLMAO:

After a couple wheels had poor quality, these have become my favorite Mojave tire. Almost too much grip if you don’t know your surface well, high traction on all terrain.

Might try these alloy bead locks for the shelf. BFCoodrich 🙌
1692415649378.png

IMG_0074.jpeg

IMG_0073.jpeg

RC JUN 6S backflips came in, they need to be glued but the rubber is at least as thick as Dboots.

View attachment 320793

I usually make a wet mess of gluing my tires...

Can't seem to control my flow all that well nor the line.. tend to wonder all over the place going around the circumference ,then I get even more nervous and spill/glob it all up and it runs down the sidewall.. 🔥😤🤬

I usually make a wet mess of gluing my tires...

Can't seem to control my flow all that well nor the line.. tend to wonder all over the place going around the circumference ,then I get even more nervous and spill/glob it all up and it runs down the sidewall.. 🔥😤🤬
The long pin hole applicators work well, use a flat blade for gap control and do a small amount every rotation. I forget what glue I have, but it doesn’t set immediately so you have a little room for excess wipe off 👍🏼

The long pin hole applicators work well, use a flat blade for gap control and do a small amount every rotation. I forget what glue I have, but it doesn’t set immediately so you have a little room for excess wipe off 👍🏼

Guess I'll have to give that a try..
I've been just using what applicator that comes attached to the bottle and my thumb to try and spread the tire (evenly) as I go around... Which doesn't seem to work.
Even though I see many folks do just that on YouTube..

Guess I'll have to give that a try..
I've been just using what applicator that comes attached to the bottle and my thumb to try and spread the tire (evenly) as I go around... Which doesn't seem to work.
Even though I see many folks do just that on YouTube..
Good thumb strength is needed with these!

IMG_0205.jpeg

1/4-3/8” larger diameter and +1/4” tread width, took less weight balancing than 4S Backflip LPs. Durability TBD, but sorry arrma/HH I wont be paying for your labor anymore.

IMG_0208.jpeg

IMG_0207.jpeg

Last edited:
Back