Outcast Outcast upgrade Journey. Mamba XLX 2, 800kv motor (now 1100kv) , 39/39 (now 30/47) gearing and a few more bits.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The side view of the copperhead looks smaller, but the front view the lockup’s look smaller? 🤔
They are bigger than the stock Outcast 8s tires but a bit less wide than the stock EXB K8S tires. I think they are the same height as the EXB ones. And the duratrax are only $100 for 4, which is what I like about them the most. In my opinion, they are very durable and the most affordable big tire out there.

I'll be watching this closely, have been thinking of getting these recently..!!
My future purchase relies on your experience with them 😉🤣🤣
Keep us posted..👍🏼
Did you buy them? So far I've had to short runs with the my K8S EXB and they held up the abuse, including a horrible landing that destroyed the right front lower control arm. It's still too early to tell, but they are starting to look promising. The Outcast 8s is next. I just finished installing them yesterday.

Not bought them yet, may need them soon though as my Outcast is going through a bit of a transformation atm..😉👍🏼

Not bought them yet, may need them soon though as my Outcast is going through a bit of a transformation atm..😉👍🏼
I've seen some people say that they broke them on their first run and that they were not even jumping. So hopefully they hold up long term. I did have like at least 3-4 very bad landings with them already and they didn't bend or break.

Let's just hope that the people who broke them were lied about their crashes..!! 😉
I'd expect them to be super tough for the price they cost.

Let's just hope that the people who broke them were lied about their crashes..!! 😉
I'd expect them to be super tough for the price they cost.
Damn, but did you see the last jump where I pretty much landed right on that wheel?

I sure did..!! if that didn't bend or break it I don't know what you would have to do to damage them..!!!
Looks like once it's payday I'll be getting some 😉👍🏼😎

You don't want to have to be gearing down because your batteries are getting hot. I would say my batteries were 100° after being run down to 3.70 blasting around the field at 39/39 gearing. Well worth it for peace of mind imo
Why not hear down? $30-40 and 15mins of ur time vs. $200-300? Am I missing something is it bad to keep hearing down?

I gave my Outcast 8s hell on the first run with the M2C driveshafts. They held up, but not the poor Outcast 8s

20210823_124012.jpg

I sure did..!! if that didn't bend or break it I don't know what you would have to do to damage them..!!!
Looks like once it's payday I'll be getting some 😉👍🏼😎
Check out my latest video where I beat up my Outcast 8s and the M2C driveshafts held up to that abuse too 👆👍

I finally bent the left front shock shaft on one of the EXB shocks. It look a lot of work, a lot of terrible landings to do it, so I'm not mad. It's mostly my fault. One wheel landings are not good
20210826_213949.jpg
20210826_213925.jpg
20210826_214249.jpg

I got tired of regluing tires, so I'm going to try out the 4.3 Trenchers. I did have to make the hole bigger in the middle and had to cut those fake lugs in the middle in order for me to use the big GPM hub nut

20211001_185324.jpg
20211001_185331.jpg
20211001_185317.jpg
20211001_184303.jpg
20211001_184631.jpg
20211001_120529.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back