Polo Creations Roof Rack/Light Bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I ordered the Polo Creations roof rack/light bar for my Kraton 6S V5 and it eventually arrived. For those of you don’t don’t know these come with NO instructions.

From what I was able to piece together from YouTube I figured I should have enough to test these just to see that they work.

So what I have so far is that I either did something wrong or this kit doesn’t work because I can’t get these to turn on.

IMG_2373.jpeg

IMG_2375.jpeg

IMG_2377.jpeg

IMG_2382.jpeg

IMG_2381.jpeg

IMG_2379.jpeg

I've heard others say that it takes forever to get the Polo parts. But we also live in a world of instant gratification with Netflix and Amazon and I loose perspective of what's reasonable these days. How long did it take to get the kit?

Do you have clear shot of the power distribution board? It looks pretty simple but there might be a diode or something for reverse polarity protection. Also you should be able to Ohm-out the pins and figure out what is connected when the switch is active.

Have you looked through his set up videos to see if one applies to what you are working on?
Polo creations videos

I have found most of his instructions are on his website, but difficult to find. His youtube channel does have a bunch of videos though.

I've heard others say that it takes forever to get the Polo parts. But we also live in a world of instant gratification with Netflix and Amazon and I loose perspective of what's reasonable these days. How long did it take to get the kit?

Do you have clear shot of the power distribution board? It looks pretty simple but there might be a diode or something for reverse polarity protection. Also you should be able to Ohm-out the pins and figure out what is connected when the switch is active.
I’ve ordered this May 22nd, after a week of not receiving ANY kind of confirmation from Polo Creations an invoice, a tracking number NOTHING! They also refused to reply to numerous emails, calls and text messages. I opened a claim with PayPal to get my money back.

June 2nd I received a tracking number and the package arrived June 7th, I’ve still yet to hear anything from Polo Creations receive an invoice or a receipt for my purchase.

IMG_2388.jpeg

IMG_2389.jpeg

Have you looked through his set up videos to see if one applies to what you are working on?
Polo creations videos

I have found most of his instructions are on his website, but difficult to find. His youtube channel does have a bunch of videos though.
I haven’t found a lot explaining what I’m supposed to do, from my inexperience with RC’s/electronics what I have should work. Anyone familiar with setting up lights I’d appreciate some help.

Last edited:
I’ve ordered this May 22nd, after a week of not receiving ANY kind of confirmation from Polo Creations an invoice, a tracking number NOTHING! They also refused to reply to numerous emails, calls and text messages. I opened a claim with PayPal to get my money back.

June 2nd I received a tracking number and the package arrived June 7th, I’ve still yet to hear anything from Polo Creations receive an invoice or a receipt for my purchase.

View attachment 305034

View attachment 305035

I haven’t found a lot explaining what I’m supposed to do, from my inexperience with RC’s/electronics what I have should work. Anyone familiar with setting up lights I’d appreciate some help.
It's hard to see but it looks like there might be an LED and a resister on there to show it has power?

This is where an Ohm meter would help to figure out how it's connected.

A few thoughts.
1. Have you tried bypassing the distribution board an just going to the receiver? This will make sure the LEDs are working.
2. Does your BEC/ESC have enough power for the LEDs?

It's hard to see but it looks like there might be an LED and a resister on there to show it has power?

This is where an Ohm meter would help to figure out how it's connected.

A few thoughts.
1. Have you tried bypassing the distribution board an just going to the receiver? This will make sure the LEDs are working.
2. Does your BEC/ESC have enough power for the LEDs?
Both lights work individually without the board, however they don’t turn off.

I would imagine BEC/ESC would have the power as this kit was specifically setup for the Kraton 6S

Lights do in fact turn on, what’s my next step?

that board from polo is trash and I've had multiples of them go out. What you need is a switch and some y adapters.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FLZXSD7

This is what you need. it will allow you to turn lights off and on from the radio. You can plug y adapters on other end of cable to plug in more lights.

that board from polo is trash and I've had multiples of them go out. What you need is a switch and some y adapters.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FLZXSD7

This is what you need. it will allow you to turn lights off and on from the radio. You can plug y adapters on other end of cable to plug in more lights.
Thanks Moirae, I really appreciate the help. While were still here can I get a link to the proper y adapters?

I had the full light kit for the arrma big rock and I bought a dumbo transmitter and receiver for dirt cheap off Ebay. They make a reciever that has a place for your lights on the left side. I just followed the instructions with the transmitter and it worked fine, although I took everything off because I bash. With that receiver you don't need all 5he y-harness stuff just plug it in to the corresponding spot. Get the 6 channel transmitter with the receiver like the one pictured.

Screenshot_20230611-145155_eBay.jpg

I had the full light kit for the arrma big rock and I bought a dumbo transmitter and receiver for dirt cheap off Ebay. They make a reciever that has a place for your lights on the left side. I just followed the instructions with the transmitter and it worked fine, although I took everything off because I bash. With that receiver you don't need all 5he y-harness stuff just plug it in to the corresponding spot. Get the 6 channel transmitter with the receiver like the one pictured.

View attachment 305207
thats really cool, wish radiolink did that! though I swear radiolink makes dumborc.

few days late on this but i just wanted to chime in as well. dude sucks at running a business. stay away.

ordered a full kit for typhon 3s and bigrock in november, nothing shipped until over a month later which i was fine with. installed all the typhon stuff and it was good. went to install the bigrock stuff, assuming it was all there like an idiot... ended up it was missing roof rack parts and the entire "underglow". contacted through email/fb/youtube multiple times and never got a response. was nearing my window to file a paypay dispute so i went through the trouble of that... they reached out as well and got no response... within the last few days of the window to force a refund of charges i finally just hit the chargeback button.

.....then i get an email from him like literally that day, thinking that was the final thing i needed to get him to respond. i responded with what the missing parts were thinking we were finally good. no response for a few days and then i get some kind of "your return shipping label is attached" email from them.

bro, no... you did not complete your end of the bargain and i gave you months to fix it. i'm not sending this back unless you buy me a new bigrock body and ship it to me. i've already cut holes in it.

The only thing I ever buy from polo at this point is the rear limitless lights and thats only because I keep breaking them but they look so much cooler than the murat RC kit. I've broken the polo limitless rear light like 5 times at this point. I kid you not, I just replaced the right rear light yesterday and that same night i took the car out and broke the rear left light. I was so salty! only saving grace was I obviously had spare for that since 2 in a package lol.

I definitely agree with @turbosix tho. I bought a bunch of stuff from them and ran into a lot of problems that were annoying to deal with. I found muratRC and never looked back. To this day I've still not broken a single murat rc kit and I have at least 10 different kits.

So I ordered the Polo Creations roof rack/light bar for my Kraton 6S V5 and it eventually arrived. For those of you don’t don’t know these come with NO instructions.

From what I was able to piece together from YouTube I figured I should have enough to test these just to see that they work.

So what I have so far is that I either did something wrong or this kit doesn’t work because I can’t get these to turn on.

View attachment 304828

View attachment 304829

View attachment 304830

View attachment 304831

View attachment 304832

View attachment 304833
You will need to move the switch to the "on" position on the power distribution board to get power to the lights, small black tab on the left 2 pics up. a red light will show on the board that you are "on" if it does not then you have pos and neg reversed with power in. With this set up you will not be able to turn off and on from your transmitter on the above switch - you will need a remote switch that someone posted a few replies later to make that happen.
Also- Never again from POLO CREATIONS! when i finally received my order out of the 3 packages 1 was the wrong item and the other 2 were vastly incomplete a 5 year old at a lemonade stand has better business practices than the folks at POLO.
I sent a very detailed with pictures documenting what was missing and what was incorrect in a very professional and kind manner, every day for the past week i have asked for a response with no response from them.
After doing some research on the forums and FB I am surprised they are still in business.

You will need to move the switch to the "on" position on the power distribution board to get power to the lights, small black tab on the left 2 pics up. a red light will show on the board that you are "on" if it does not then you have pos and neg reversed with power in. With this set up you will not be able to turn off and on from your transmitter on the above switch - you will need a remote switch that someone posted a few replies later to make that happen.
Also- Never again from POLO CREATIONS! when i finally received my order out of the 3 packages 1 was the wrong item and the other 2 were vastly incomplete a 5 year old at a lemonade stand has better business practices than the folks at POLO.
I sent a very detailed with pictures documenting what was missing and what was incorrect in a very professional and kind manner, every day for the past week i have asked for a response with no response from them.
After doing some research on the forums and FB I am surprised they are still in business.
if you paid with paypal make sure you start the dispute process before it is too late. he is not going to respond.

if you paid with paypal make sure you start the dispute process before it is too late. he is not going to respond.
Unfortunately not pay pal but thanks. Again as prevalent as social media is now a days, how is he still in business? Wish I stilled lived in the 305!

Unfortunately not pay pal but thanks. Again as prevalent as social media is now a days, how is he still in business? Wish I stilled lived in the 305!
Good question. Look at his YouTube channel. He's posted a poop load of new videos lately but on his older videos there's tons of "where is my stuff please respond" comments.

https://a.co/d/5zLBYum

Gives you options for 1 to 2 and 1 to 3 😎 👍
Once again thanks for all your help
8184FC9E-81AC-4F14-AEC8-D7582020A20B.jpeg

I still gotta go in and find a better way to manage the wires under the body but I… WE got it working.
D35175B6-93C6-4F73-B066-BB64EF8744C5.jpeg

It wasn’t until I contacted PayPal about the dispute did Polo decide to finally send my order

Good question. Look at his YouTube channel. He's posted a poop load of new videos lately but on his older videos there's tons of "where is my stuff please respond" comments.
Interesting, threaten legal action and you get a reply immediately!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back