Typhon Post your Typhon pics here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen that yellow limitless here before!! Love the look of that beast 😍👍what color yellow? Ps-6? Because that's the color I just ordered 10 minutes ago!
Thanks buddy. It’s actually Spaz Stiks Florescent Yellow. Kinda hard to apply as the paint is really dusty after it dries. It actually flakes off when dry before applying the backing layer in white. Next time I’m gonna try Tamiya fluorescents.

468A95FE-7BE6-47A6-B250-42FF11FFED12.jpeg

I'm a bit lost ? I'm not saying anything 🙄
The pic was of a Typhoon... u know....the word looks like Typhon? My bad....was just trying to be funny. Didn't work 🤣 ✌️

Stretched Typhons are so badass. I just built one on a kraton chassis but used the kraton hubs/hexs/etc to make it wider. Drives like a dream and probably one of my top 2 favs rn lol.

Stretched Typhons are so badass. I just built one on a kraton chassis but used the kraton hubs/hexs/etc to make it wider. Drives like a dream and probably one of my top 2 favs rn lol.
Frank (the Hawkeye) is on a kraton chassis w/ mojave arms f/r that Jenny's sent me by mistake when I ordered typhon arms. I ended up keeping them & using them here. I got to rip up my neighborhood w/ the new wide Grippers, 1st run all stretched out & all I can say is... can't really use the use the verbiage appropriately here!! Drive line is still all stock, geared w/ 23t & 50t spur only hit 60. New to on road stuff- should it go faster? How do I make it faster? W/ higher gearing?
BTW running max6 & hobbywing 1650

Frank (the Hawkeye) is on a kraton chassis w/ mojave arms f/r that Jenny's sent me by mistake when I ordered typhon arms. I ended up keeping them & using them here. I got to rip up my neighborhood w/ the new wide Grippers, 1st run all stretched out & all I can say is... can't really use the use the verbiage appropriately here!! Drive line is still all stock, geared w/ 23t & 50t spur only hit 60. New to on road stuff- should it go faster? How do I make it faster? W/ higher gearing?
60 sounds about right. If you want to go faster, you will need to get a different center spur or spool. Though I guess you could also fit a bigger pinion if you only use 1 screw in the motor mount at the top. Otherwise, I think 24t is the biggest pinion that will fit with stock motor mount and 50t center diff. Personally, I run the 46t center diff in some of my rigs and a 40t in others. Smaller center spur will increase speed and also allow you to fit bigger pinions which will increase speed even more.

28/46 gearing assuming you're using typhon diffs will get you about 75 mph. 28/40 will get you about 85 mph.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/robins...ed-steel-mod-1-spur-gear-40t-rrp2640/p1200244

^ that will fit non exb diffs only.

60 sounds about right. If you want to go faster, you will need to get a different center spur or spool. Though I guess you could also fit a bigger pinion if you only use 1 screw in the motor mount at the top. Otherwise, I think 24t is the biggest pinion that will fit with stock motor mount and 50t center diff. Personally, I run the 46t center diff in some of my rigs and a 40t in others. Smaller center spur will increase speed and also allow you to fit bigger pinions which will increase speed even more.

28/46 gearing assuming you're using typhon diffs will get you about 75 mph. 28/40 will get you about 85 mph.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/robins...ed-steel-mod-1-spur-gear-40t-rrp2640/p1200244

^ that will fit non exb diffs only.
Yo, appreciate the knowledge. I just wanna go faster & I think that this buggy should do 80. Motors hitting 130ish

Last edited:

Get the robinson racing 40t spur gear. It will swap onto the center diff and allow you to run a bigger pinion and bump your speed quite a bit on its own.

Get the robinson racing 40t spur gear. It will swap onto the center diff and allow you to run a bigger pinion and bump your speed quite a bit on its own.
Funny you say that, just ordered 2 of em this wkend!!! Along w/ some bigger pinions 😁😆👍

Back