Kraton Razor RC Kraton & Outcast 4S V2 thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are great rigs....just don't try to launch them 25' in the air!

I mean, do people buy an infraction with the expectation to send them that high?
I think you misundertand my statement, he had plenty of folks telling him this line has inherent limitations that he doesn't see with his 1/8 & 1/7 scale rigs and still bought one. Most of his comments reflect his disappointment. This rig, if handled within its limitations is still a fun time.

I still have both my V1s and now a V2. My built V1 OC has spent as much time in the air as it does on the ground and the only issues I've experienced have been slipper related. Haven't run the V2 yet, as I'm still working on it.

I think you misundertand my statement, he had plenty of folks telling him this line has inherent limitations that he doesn't see with his 1/8 & 1/7 scale rigs and still bought one. Most of his comments reflect his disappointment. This rig, if handled within its limitations is still a fun time.

I still have both my V1s and now a V2. My built V1 OC has spent as much time in the air as it does on the ground and the only issues I've experienced have been slipper related. Haven't run the V2 yet, as I'm still working on it.
I agree, despite the issues that some are having, I would still buy a v2. I know it's not as durable as a maxx or sketer, but from what I've seen, it still outperforms both for what I'm looking for which is general bashing and blasting.

I agree, despite the issues that some are having, I would still buy a v2. I know it's not as durable as a maxx or sketer, but from what I've seen, it still outperforms both for what I'm looking for which is general bashing and blasting.
Just to add to this, it’s also $470, $100 less than a Maxx, and can still send it.

If you really want to send it to space, spend a bit more and go K6.

It smokes both of them with speed and handling

You were warned...🤕
This is why we have over 20 arrma rigs now 🤣 I need an AA meeting or something 🤣

We actually took it to the park with the ramp yesterday and it flies good tbh. Air control was decent but it could be better and it seems the 18t pinion is not even making the max8 g2 combo sweat at all. Definitely going up to 20t

It survived the whole pack 😱

The handling on the Kraton is incredible, compared to a Maxx I went K4 purely so I could rip it at the track, and rip it does!
My thoughts exactly. Should Razor have gone through 5 chassis already? Of course not,but for my use I'd sacrifice some durability for the performance they offer(v2 4s Arrma). Maxx is what it is, just doesn't suit my style.
The Sketer is a quality rig, and capable, but seems to me like TC missed the mark. It's a half truggified buggy IMO. The short arm suspension is the big miss for me. I know it can be easily modified but that's easily another $100 plus to to right. Extended hubs isn't the correct way to widen a rig IMO. Just me.

Last edited:

Here's the beginnings of a rough draft for an Enhanced 4S Chassis Spine Block w/integrated Motor Mount Brace..

1662905432471.png

1662905516525.png

Stepping away from chassis breakage...can we talk steering?

Do all Arrma monster trucks steer terribly? My Outcast 6s could not steer at all on power. This 4S is not different. On moderate throttle it just pushes straight ahead. I have to crawl to make 180 turn. This is on grass. I'm sure on dirt it would slide. Is this just the steering radius and it's not better than a school bus? Or is this the product of a weak servo?

Do all Arrma monster trucks steer terribly? My Outcast 6s could not steer at all on power. This 4S is not different. On moderate throttle it just pushes straight ahead. I have to crawl to make 180 turn. This is on grass. I'm sure on dirt it would slide. Is this just the steering radius and it's not better than a school bus? Or is this the product of a weak servo?

On the 3S and 4S (v1 & v2) models , I know its due to several issues-
Loose/sloppiness in the overall linkages:
1. From the Suspension Arms themselves,
2. the C-Hub,
3. Steering Block,
4. Loose plastic pivot balls in the steering linkages,
5. and the stock Weak Servo.

The slop can be remedied with some stainless steel shims/washers.
I got this kit ,they have the size washers >
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B098YKXP2J/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All those plastic pivot balls adds up to some severe friction.. especially when they get dirty. So, replacing them with metal
I got these >
https://www.amazon.com/GLOBACT-Alum...B09VD7H9HV/ref=sr_1_17_sspa?crid=EVE28877WTZD

or upgrading the endlinks to something better will help.

Then upgrading to a stronger servo will definitely make a big difference in improvement.
https://www.amazon.com/INJORA-Torqu...l/dp/B0922R8KFK/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1RY5C65VYQZ3N

Last edited:

Do all Arrma monster trucks steer terribly?

As with everything, there isn’t just one reason. There’s like 10.

For folks that have both 6s and 4s version of the Outcast/Kraton, if you have the option again would you buy the 4s v2 again or try to lighten up the 6s version to make it more responsive on 4s? The roller prices are comparable, so I'm debating getting the Outcast 4s roller or 6s roller.

Last edited:
For folks that have both 6s and 4s version of the Outcast/Kraton, if you have the option again would you buy the 4s v2 again or try to lighten up the 6s version to make it more responsive on 4s? The roller prices are comparable, so I'm debating getting the Outcast 4s roller or 6s roller.

My answer wont help you much - but I have the 6s of both, and the 4s of both.

I love all of them, and would buy all of them again.

To me they are different purposes. My 6s rigs are for larger areas and huge sends. 4s rigs are my neighborhood street/yard and smaller dirt area bashers.

To make a 6s light enough to be quick on 4s, you would remove so much stuff - it would not be very strong really. They handle much differently. I love all of them for the intended purposes.

no, not at the moment that's for sure.

However, I did see a motorcycle parts shop on Ebay that's doing kit breaking & they niche by focusing on providing "80% slider / roller" kits..
I see.. thought perhaps I missed something.
I will buy one of the 4s kraton's at some point, I still like it. It's a ways down the list for me right now though.

I'd get the 6s versions in a heart beat and get decent electronics so it still feels responsive regardless. Exb kraton is much much better than the 4s version. Faster, stronger and a little heavier. No comparison imo, I wouldn't even worry about trying to make it lighter. Just don't overload it with more weight.

I'd get the 6s versions in a heart beat and get decent electronics so it still feels responsive regardless. Exb kraton is much much better than the 4s version. Faster, stronger and a little heavier. No comparison imo, I wouldn't even worry about trying to make it lighter. Just don't overload it with more weight.
I understand where ur coming from. The 4s line is more a niche I think. Just so happens to fit my use (I think), can't say for sure since I don't own one. I run alot of 6s rigs on 4s, so pretty confident I would like it. Silly as it sounds, I even run my Mojave exb on 4s,LOL. I just don't have the space for 6s speeds.. perhaps the most ironic part is, I live in the sticks!!🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back