RC Pit Mats. post your work area

crimsonfancy

A guy that doesn't know when to give up.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion, Typhon, Notorious, BigRock 4x4
Excellent surface and truck stand.
We could even customize with cheap sheet magnets, a hobby knife and layering mat cut outs. 👍👍

slick_silver

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
BigRock
:) for sure. A shop/man cave isnt complete without some viewing and listening gear. "Shop" Speakers are super cheap and almost free sometimes and monitors are super cheap new now a days but usually youll have something old or can find something used thats more then decent quality for garage/shed viewing. Then theres always future upgrades to that when you really know what you desire to invest in. So as an example, tonight i just went out to a new local place that does BYOB Axe throwing! https://www.blueoxaxethrowing.com/ i had a great time and said to myself, self you need this in your garage. Lol it'll never happen because wifey is right above me sleeping but im definitely making a pine target to continue the fun at home outside. Already have the exact eastwing axe too;)
Its just the little side entertainment things that make a shop more like a entertainment area and more inviting for others to enjoy it. At least thats what i try to do. Tools and Toys for life!
View attachment 31978View attachment 31979View attachment 31980
I started throwing Axes & knifes in back yard about 5 yrs. ago when next door Neighbor had 2 hugh pine tree cut down & she gave me
3 pieces (stumps) 24 tall x 24 to 22 in. across to use for my woodshop projects & fist thing I thought of since I collect all kinds of Bladed
Objects : ) was to make an Easel (stand) and 2 in. thick piece of 24 in. stump & I've been throwing Steel ever since!! : ) : )

crimsonfancy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Time to get some real work done. No more excuses or putting off the repairs and upgrades.
Two vehicles taken out to the shop and five more on deck. Two planes, a few quadcopters all need to make way out to their new home (out of my house.) Its exciting for me.

calabiyau

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton
Yoga blocks came today. More useful than I first thought. Since they’re rectangular, you can lay them flat and fully support my Kraton with the wheels off the surface. Or, turn them on edge, still very stable with two and raised the car up to a more comfortable height when I’m standing. Great suggestion!

Notorious J

AKA THE NOTORIOUS OUTCAST
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Notorious
Time to get some real work done. No more excuses or putting off the repairs and upgrades.
Two vehicles taken out to the shop and five more on deck. Two planes, a few quadcopters all need to make way out to their new home (out of my house.) Its exciting for me.
View attachment 32513
It just occurred to me, and I'm not sure if anyone else suggested it, but you might want to grab up a couple of these:
This is just an example, as they have multitudes of size combinations. But parts, manuals and other miscellaneous items are stored away nicely in these types of units. Shop looks great by the way. Happy to have been here to watch the journey. Congratulations!

crimsonfancy

Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
It just occurred to me, and I'm not sure if anyone else suggested it, but you might want to grab up a couple of these:
View attachment 32515
This is just an example, as they have multitudes of size combinations. But parts, manuals and other miscellaneous items are stored away nicely in these types of units. Shop looks great by the way. Happy to have been here to watch the journey. Congratulations!
Thanks. Yes, I need something for manuals and spares specific to each vehicle. So many options out there and hard to choose. But certainly need an organization system for the manuals and included pinions and small tool set. Each drawer could be labeled.
Your suggestion of the portable AC is working out well and I've fashioned a flange / interface to meet it to one of the vents in the back wall of the shed rather than using up my single window. It cools and dehumidifies with timers and remote control.

Saltystevo

Reaction score
Yoga blocks came today. More useful than I first thought. Since they’re rectangular, you can lay them flat and fully support my Kraton with the wheels off the surface. Or, turn them on edge, still very stable with two and raised the car up to a more comfortable height when I’m standing. Great suggestion!
U have a link? Are there different brands or sizes?
Thanks!

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally got around to working on the sheds workbench. This one is much longer than the one in my attached garage, it's 12' feet long and about 2 1/2 feet deep.

Insulation is installed behind the plywood and peg board in case I do decide to fully insulate the shed. The lights are LED shop lights from Costco. Need to buy some more tools which will be stored and hung on the wall as well as I'm waiting for my monitor wall mount to hang another computer up in the corner similar to what my garage work bench has.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out. I haven't decided if I'm going to move the RC stuff out to the shed or not or use the attached garage as my RC only area.