Typhon Replacing transmitter and receiver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Have a look at some of the Axial stuff.....not all but some of them use the Tactic
Tactic radios are discontinued leftovers from the Hobbico days. There are some left as kit breakers are getting old stock Axials and some Arrmas that included the old Tactic TTX300 3 channel radios and receivers. They will soon be gone at some point. But you can get a decent Radiolink or Flysky for not much more $. TTX300 was considered a well reviewed RTR radio found in many kits. Simple and basic to operate if that is what you want. But its a decent budget radio nonetheless.

Tactic radios are discontinued leftovers from the Hobbico days. There are some left as kit breakers are getting old stock Axials and some Arrmas that included the old Tactic TTX300 3 channel radios and receivers. They will soon be gone at some point. But you can get a decent Radiolink or Flysky for not much more $. TTX300 was considered a well reviewed RTR radio found in many kits. Simple and basic to operate if that is what you want. But its a decent budget radio nonetheless.
Sounds like @bicketybam has some market positioning to do. Is the first-mover advantage gone? :unsure::)

Make sure you get extra A-arms and tires. I have blown through two sets of rear a-arms a front set and two sets of tires that just peak the rubber off. I finally got some RPM arms but they have just started making them. The tires delaminate doing donuts. We bash them pretty hard but I thought it would hold up better based on my grandson’s Granite BLX.

@bicketybam ...You've become the Tactic mafia..? you control the supply of the last Tactic's..????
I have 5 of the TTX300's for my Arrmas and Axial's.
With my 3 Axial RTR's, the TTX200's were ok also, but the battery door kept popping open( spring loaded batt. cover) on the trails losing batteries etc. Sure I taped them, but I called Horizon and they offered me 3 TTX300's in its place . I never looked back. Great radio for rough use in the woods, rocks mud, trails etc. And, basically disposable. But they all work like new. Really beat up and all.

Last edited:
i switched a few times now between cheap radios (im new too).

im pretty happy with the radiolink RC4GS.
its pretty cheap and has all the features i could want and has a built in gyro in the receiver.

im sure the more expensive ones are better but for my non competitive use, its great. better than the stock one as far as i know.

just buy it, open the receiver box, plug the new one in, mount it, and calibrate per manual.

ive also tried the dumboRC radio and didnt like it as much.
Why didnt you like the dumborc one?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back