RIP fellow posters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rub it in butthead! šŸ˜ :ROFLMAO: I'm getting up there, next year I will be switching categories, unfortunately it's in the wrong direction.
Whenā€™s the surgery?

You may be on to something there..šŸ¤”šŸ˜‰
Ah, screw it.. if it weren't rc's, it'd be coke n booz!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Come to think of it, if I were doin coke n booz, I wouldn't have to work as long!! LOL
RC is what got me off the streets away from that fast lifestyle. I am thankful for that. I stopped spending all my Coin at the bars clubs and on women stupdly. Hanging out in The Hamptons, L.I. NY in the summer spending so much $$$. Then realized I had so much $$ for RC's. Among my other hobbies.
That's why I say RC is a lifestyle. At least for me. One I chose and made a big impact. A clean hobby.
Many of my friends in my 20's got all jammed up back in the late 80's. One by one they fell hard.
I just did an about face and finished college. Raced at the track with the older guys.

To restate something I wrote in another thread: It's hard to maintain consistent interest in R/C and R/C forums, especially if you're not racing or involved in a club. There are only so many ways to bash, break, repair and upgrade your cars and eventually it wears thin and you wind up taking a break to focus on other things.

I suspect this is where many of those who disappeared have gone. Maybe they'll be back, but life can change quickly and radically especially while you're young, so I wouldn't count on it.
I kind of found a different path that has kept my interest peaked. Social media. Since joining the forum in 2018, I discovered a whole universe I knew nothing about. The Forum was the first step, then came YouTube and inevitably, Instagram TikTok Facebook and Twitter. Now when I'm out bashing or trying to eclipse a personal best with my speed runner, I'm also focusing on capturing quality images and videos. Each run has me attempting something new whether it be a spectacular jump or a bullet fast run. Editing all my media takes a fair amount of time too, which I love because I'm not just sitting idle on the couch. As my following grows, so do I. More people are reaching out to me for advice and I love getting reactions to my content. Combine all this with the thrill I still get from launching rc's into the air or watching one go by me at over 100 mph, and I'll tell you that I've still got a long game in me for the hobby. I will likely never be able to join a club or compete in races because my work and life do not afford me the ability to make plans in advance. I just keep one or two rc's in my car on the days I know I'll be able to get away to a nice road or bmx track, and hope to get in a run. That's just me though. I'm sure it's different for everybody. I'm 53 btw, in case it hasn't come up in any of my conversations thus far.

Whenā€™s the surgery?
No surgery necessary, I'm going to use the power of positive thinking, while snorting unicorn dust and taking rainbow showers.

Virtual Reality Love GIF by Trippyogi

RC is what got me off the streets away from that fast lifestyle. I am thankful for that. I stopped spending all my Coin at the bars clubs and on women stupdly. Hanging out in The Hamptons, L.I. NY in the summer spending so much $$$. Then realized I had so much $$ for RC's. Among my other hobbies.
That's why I say RC is a lifestyle. At least for me. One I chose and made a big impact. A clean hobby.
Many of my friends in my 20's got all jammed up back in the late 80's. One by one they fell hard.
I just did an about face and finished college. Raced at the track with the older guys.
Good for you!! I was only joking about the partying. Sure, I've done my share back in the day but it never really appealed to me much. I'm a laid back introvert.. I have maybe 3 friends whom I might talk to every couple months.. honestly, I'm not much for people, LOL. I hang with the wife and dogs, we're empty nesters. My brother comes out to run rc's once a week, weather permitting. That about sums up my social life, it's perfect šŸ‘Œ

Good for you!! I was only joking about the partying. Sure, I've done my share back in the day but it never really appealed to me much. I'm a laid back introvert.. I have maybe 3 friends whom I might talk to every couple months.. honestly, I'm not much for people, LOL. I hang with the wife and dogs, we're empty nesters. My brother comes out to run rc's once a week, weather permitting. That about sums up my social life, it's perfect šŸ‘Œ
Dang, sounds like me!! :ROFLMAO:
Dang, sounds like me!! :ROFLMAO:
Well, the friends part......I got in some sh!t back in the day.....it appealed to me real good.....good times I tell ya. Good times......

No surgery necessary, I'm going to use the power of positive thinking, while snorting unicorn dust and taking rainbow showers.

Virtual Reality Love GIF by Trippyogi
You look a little horny

I kind of found a different path that has kept my interest peaked. Social media. Since joining the forum in 2018, I discovered a whole universe I knew nothing about. The Forum was the first step, then came YouTube and inevitably, Instagram TikTok Facebook and Twitter. Now when I'm out bashing or trying to eclipse a personal best with my speed runner, I'm also focusing on capturing quality images and videos. Each run has me attempting something new whether it be a spectacular jump or a bullet fast run. Editing all my media takes a fair amount of time too, which I love because I'm not just sitting idle on the couch. As my following grows, so do I. More people are reaching out to me for advice and I love getting reactions to my content. Combine all this with the thrill I still get from launching rc's into the air or watching one go by me at over 100 mph, and I'll tell you that I've still got a long game in me for the hobby. I will likely never be able to join a club or compete in races because my work and life do not afford me the ability to make plans in advance. I just keep one or two rc's in my car on the days I know I'll be able to get away to a nice road or bmx track, and hope to get in a run. That's just me though. I'm sure it's different for everybody. I'm 53 btw, in case it hasn't come up in any of my conversations thus far.
Love ur content on these diff sites!!

@Cheez, I've stayed in touch with Bicketybam (Ed) ever since he put down his remotes. He's doing very well but doesn't look to be getting back into the hobby any time soon.

I don't think I could ever get tired of sending my rigs. I'm in my 30's and have been in the hobby maybe 14 months iirc. I've taken a rig out almost every day the weather doesn't cock block me. It's been a week of poop snow and no park and I've been losing my mind. Winter has me in rc depression and I don't want to do anything else šŸ˜”

I don't think I could ever get tired of sending my rigs. I'm in my 30's and have been in the hobby maybe 14 months iirc. I've taken a rig out almost every day the weather doesn't cock block me. It's been a week of poop snow and no park and I've been losing my mind. Winter has me in rc depression and I don't want to do anything else šŸ˜”
Get out there my man, not gonna kill ya!! Although it might freeze your fingertips offšŸ¤£

Iā€™m back after a short leave šŸ˜‰. No worries fellas I wouldnā€™t leave for good. Hard to get rid of mešŸ˜‚. Nice to see yā€™all really care šŸ„¹ hahaha
How hell how did I miss that?!?
I will be the one to disprove that
nah. You just earned a different way out šŸ™„

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back