Kraton RPM a-arms worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remember how long we begged RPM to make parts for us? I remember the courtesy replies I would get stating they didn’t have enough market for them yet.

The only thing I used is the wing mounts from RPM. I’ve broken a few arms, but had stocked up on so many spares it will be awhile before I run out...
When I do, RPM will get my order :)

I didn't take it negative in the least. We're all "mostly adults" here and we're all here to learn and share our experiences. There isn't a single rule that says we have to all agree and certainly not always agree with me.

That said I'm a big fan of RPM products. If RPM makes a-arms for any of my RC's then I'm more often than not, replacing stock and putting on the RPM. I've had nothing but good success with their products and their warranty is pretty much unheard of in this hobby. The closest I know if the Tekno warranty where you can buy replacement parts for 50% off.

If stock is working for you then great, keep using them. If aluminum is working for you (I wouldn't run them, but I digress) then good deal. End of the day all that matters is that all of us are out there enjoying this hobby.

WoodiE, no problem. Yes, I agree with your comments. I just wanted to not sound too negative, was the main point on my last post. Hey, don't forget about TBR (T Bone Racing's) warranty, also "free replacement" of broken parts.

Remember how long we begged RPM to make parts for us? I remember the courtesy replies I would get stating they didn’t have enough market for them yet.

The only thing I used is the wing mounts from RPM. I’ve broken a few arms, but had stocked up on so many spares it will be awhile before I run out...
When I do, RPM will get my order :)
I use RPM parts on my Rival MT and have their rear skid plates on both my Kraton/Talion. I stocked up stock spare arms, wing mounts, etc from the car breakers, so probably won't need any of these RPM parts for quite a while. However, I would like to see RPM step up and make a extremely durable V3 Talion wing mount and an even stronger more durable Kraton/Outcast rear wing mount...

Cool, I'm sure you wrapped the teflon tape in the correct direction (direction of the threads). I wonder if 2 wraps of the tape may have worked, if the threads in the arm are too worn are even possibly manufactured too loose of a fit by Arrma? Another option is to maybe try some (plastic safe) silicone on the pivot ball threads, as you should not have to remove the pillowball from the lower arm for any reason, other than replacing a broken arm, and the silicone is still removable if needed?

Anyways, this could be an option later if you break a RPM arm and need to use your stock arms again?

Quick video for anyone that may want to wrap their lower pivot ball threads with teflon tape:
Cheers mate, I've even tried flexible super glue to get the ends to stay in they just pull out on heavy landings, normal day to day they are fine. Thanks again for the great info.

Cheers mate, I've even tried flexible super glue to get the ends to stay in they just pull out on heavy landings, normal day to day they are fine. Thanks again for the great info.
Damn, it sounds like you tried it all. I wonder if "removing" the stock bottom metal washers which are 6.1x14x1.5mm would allow more of the pivot ball threads to go in and catch/hold any better. Removing 1.5mm width on each side, however, may affect the handling (harder to drive at speed), as this would be 3mm less width on the front compared to not changing the rear. Also, you would have to remove the composite top suspension arm spacer, but doing this, may still not be enough camber. To fix this, you could change to a less thick washer on the bottom pivot ball/arm (I have some 6x13x1mm aluminum washers, & even some 6x12x.78mm & 6x12x.2mm metal washers that should work, if pivot balls keep backing out like yours). cheers

PS, just checking, as I'm sure you removed the teflon tape before applying the glue on the pivot ball threads?

Last edited:
I've seen a few big send YouTube basher make comments about rpm arms. This is what I've gathered from them; (not my own xp).

The arms are so flexible that they don't break (most of time...) but ur axle could take more damage as a result. Also something about a geometric change in suspension angle causing more frequent shock damage. As previously stated this info coming from guys running full m2c builds and going huge!

Other guys running closer to stock/exb builds. Swear by the RPM's. One final note; One of favorite bashers (meat pit anyone lol) runs exb lowers and rpm uppers as of late.

Hope this helps

Diesel Powered

I've seen a few big send YouTube basher make comments about rpm arms. This is what I've gathered from them; (not my own xp).

The arms are so flexible that they don't break (most of time...) but ur axle could take more damage as a result. Also something about a geometric change in suspension angle causing more frequent shock damage. As previously stated this info coming from guys running full m2c builds and going huge!

Other guys running closer to stock/exb builds. Swear by the RPM's. One final note; One of favorite bashers (meat pit anyone lol) runs exb lowers and rpm uppers as of late.

Hope this helps

Diesel Powered

1699661793996.png

You know this was a 5 year old thread right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back