Typhon Speed Run List - Personal Bests of the Forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's because this was my second run and Everytime I turn off the esc and turn it back on it will reset the log. First run I got 104mph. They were 4.20 each cell when I took them off the charger.

The problem is just the small batteries not providing enough amps.

Not sure how to fit 2 regular size 4s batteries.??
You pushed 400A. That's plenty. Do you have logs from 6S?

Yes

PXL_20210613_182452174.jpg

That's because this was my second run and Everytime I turn off the esc and turn it back on it will reset the log. First run I got 104mph. They were 4.20 each cell when I took them off the charger.

The problem is just the small batteries not providing enough amps.

Not sure how to fit 2 regular size 4s batteries.??
Click &drag to zoom in on run.should look similar to this

Screenshot_20210620-000944_Chrome.jpg

20210614_180041.jpg

³u pulled over 400amps ,yet not even 1v of sag.
My log pulled over 400,amps ,have cap an still 2.51v sag an it said 147mph before I crashed.🤷‍♂️
Are you still running at 90% punch??what gearing you running

Should be putting down 130s.id pull pinion away from spur. Make sure it rolls.on floor smoothly an ,an try 10% punch again. Everyone runs 10%
An also recalibrate remote

Screenshot_20210620-020436.jpg

³u pulled over 400amps ,yet not even 1v of sag.
My log pulled over 400,amps ,have cap an still 2.51v sag an it said 147mph before I crashed.🤷‍♂️
Are you still running at 90% punch??what gearing you running
I'm running for 140s.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210620-021054.jpg
    Screenshot_20210620-021054.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 28
Should be putting down 130s.id pull pinion away from spur. Make sure it rolls.on floor smoothly an ,an try 10% punch again. Everyone runs 10%
An also recalibrate remote

View attachment 153079

I'm running for 140s.
I don't restrict my punch lol

Punch doesn't have to do anything with your top speed is just for taking off and that's about It. I have tried 0% and 90% with the 6s setup and I got same exact speed.

Punch doesn't have to do anything with your top speed is just for taking off and that's about It. I have tried 0% and 90% with the 6s setup and I got same exact speed.
It makes big difference in sag,which in return is hard on esc..on your logs you have little sag which I don't understand. @LibertyMKiii or @rotauq are most knowledgeable with reading logs I know of maybe they can chime in

Punch control is just electronically inhibiting throttle application. If you apply throttle smoothly and slow enough to stay stable, there is a 90% chance you are negating punch settings anyways. I'd rather retain full control of my vehicle, so I don't use punch settings (0%), but I understand it being much easier to throttle in with punch settings enabled.

Punch control is just electronically inhibiting throttle application. If you apply throttle smoothly and slow enough to stay stable, there is a 90% chance you are negating punch settings anyways. I'd rather retain full control of my vehicle, so I don't use punch settings (0%), but I understand it being much easier to throttle in with punch settings enabled.
What @ABabyEater said indeed.
Punch control can prevent drastic changes in throttle imput(which will cause high ampdraw/sag early in a run) a trained triggerfigger doesn't need punch control.

Before i used ch speed feature on the Noble i did mostly run 10/20% punch control to make launches easier on high gearing.

Last edited:
I also have the expo on my remote adjusted for easy take off about -40%. So just set the punch to disable?

Also ignore the 8s smc log. Those batteries are not capable of speed runs. (Selling them if anyone is interested)

@The Donut Man just got a new ROSSA UK official PB of 125.6mph with my Typhon 6S.
(unofficial is 127mph via GPS)

Picture below from the official ROSSA website page.
Link: http://www.rossa.org.uk/speedclub.html

Screenshot_20210620-163645_Messenger.jpg

Video I recorded in case anyone interested not adding for proof as I believe the official ROSSA page is proof enough. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back