Typhon Speed runner Typhon 6S ~ UK built fast, not bought fast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very tempted to pick up a Typhon to see what speed I can hit with it.

I see a lot of things I would do that you guys are overlooking... ;)

Any reason the Typhon is rated 60mph and the Talion 70? What am I missing?....same drivetrain, no?
On top of what @Dutch213 said, the Typhons speed pinion is 18t while the Talions is a 20t.

I am very tempted to pick up a Typhon to see what speed I can hit with it.

I see a lot of things I would do that you guys are overlooking... ;)

Any reason the Typhon is rated 60mph and the Talion 70? What am I missing?....same drivetrain, no?
:sneaky: Hey no keeping secrets buddy. :LOL:

Yes AFAIK the Typhon and the Talion share the same drive train, ESC and motor.
The Talion is actually heavier than the Typhon as well so I wonder if the Talion comes with a different pinion gear like a 17T maybe instead of a 16T pinion (Typhon optional pinion) as that would maybe explain the speed difference.

If you do go for a Typhon you could always go for the new V4 version that is out/coming out and be the first to achieve triple digit speeds using that.

FYI ~ The Typhon comes with a 16T pinion as the optional "high speed" pinion gear or at least mine did. ;)
Yes, but Arrma lists the 18t for hitting the claimed 60mph and 20t to hit the claimed 70mph in the Talion.

I disagree with both of those- but I'm holding back as I'm not in the game yet.. lets see what you guys can do.

Good job- keep on doing what you are doing!

I disagree with both of those- but I'm holding back as I'm not in the game yet.. lets see what you guys can do.

Good job- keep on doing what you are doing!
I agree, I do not see the Talion being more aerodynamic than the Typhon. The tires I can see though.

Yes, but Arrma lists the 18t for hitting the claimed 60mph and 20t to hit the claimed 70mph in the Talion.
Do they really?
I haven't heard that before and as far as I knew it was the optional pinion gear included in the box (16T) that allowed the vehicle to hit the speed written on the box.

Bit of a con then by Arrma in some respects then as I bet loads of buyers expected to see 60mph+ just by fitting the included 16T high speed pinion gear, ...obviously without GPS they'd never be able to truly tell.

Learnt something new today then thanks. ;)

That's an excellent solution. The o ring should hold the aluminum spacer in place, so it won't work it's way over to the seal on the bearing.

That's an excellent solution. The o ring should hold the aluminum spacer in place, so it won't work it's way over to the seal on the bearing.
Thank you and that's what I'm hoping for with the O-ring added as well.

Hoping to see some more of your videos soon enough my friend with your Typhon, ...bet it's a lot faster now than the last time I saw it run. :)

Do they really?
I haven't heard that before and as far as I knew it was the optional pinion gear included in the box (16T) that allowed the vehicle to hit the speed written on the box.

Bit of a con then by Arrma in some respects then as I bet loads of buyers expected to see 60mph+ just by fitting the included 16T high speed pinion gear, ...obviously without GPS they'd never be able to truly tell.

Learnt something new today then thanks. ;)
This is the image I was looking at, but now that I look closer this may be for the V1 as it calls out for 25c batteries.
BFWFEWM8UKCWE4FKDQ2HZJ8X69J8EN8D4MWNYHRYN3KQCBKHHT.jpg

This is also what I found, which calls out 35c batteries, so it would be for the v2 and newer.
e50dd076088d21dc81e9e59c55cd9a48d59e1d309d3889d95d59e7e68b2022e6.jpg

Sorry about that. But the Talions speed is still accomplished with larger tires and a 20t pinion.

Sorry about that. But the Talions speed is still accomplished with larger tires and a 20t pinion.
No problem at all we all make mistakes. Obviously it has just changed over time between the V1, V2 and V3 models.

I looked at my instruction manual/leaflets and mine says the same as above that it is the 16T pinion gear for 60mph+ on the 6S Typhon V3 which is what I have.

Can't speak for the Talion but what you're saying makes sense about the pinion & tyres. (y)

I fixed the HR spool/pin problem. Found out a 12 X 18 bearing fits just right, on the spool, where the pin is. I put 2 of them on, side by side. Let's see that pin get outta there now! Ha!:):geek::cool:
That's a great idea.
I just received my pin today so am going to be doing my fix on it tomorrow evening hopefully. (y)

@ninadada That's a really great road by the looks of it for speed runs. I'd definitely stick to the GRP's for speed running as you can see how much those other tyres are ballooning.

Still a good run though all considered. (y)
Thanks! (y) It's only good on Sundays when all the nearby businesses are closed. There's a bit of a crown on the road causing the Typhon to pull towards the curb but otherwise smoothly paved, low traffic, and close to home. I plan to go back to the GRPs once I move to taller gearing.

Today I ran my Typhon for the first time since my crash and it was a mixed bag tbh.

The good news is that the buggy ran straight, all the repairs/replacement parts are good and my aluminium collar seems to have done the trick at holding my drive cup pin in place on my Hot Racing centre spool.

The bad news is that I need to find a better place to run the Typhon as it is just not suitable. The road I'm using is fairly long end to end (maybe 250metres) but I just can't use its full length and there are cars often parked at either end which shortens the useable space further (not to mention the curbs of death lining either side). :(

Video from today.

Nice to see it running again. Finding a suitable road is tough. Always so many obstacles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back