Limitless Talbot's fastest RC car project discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually a car guy so I know that it comes with 999 horsepower stock lol
I am 13 and have loved cars since I was 4. I went to a car show in Toronto and it was amazing. We got a private thing so we were out on a runway with a Tesla Model S P100d, Koenigsegg Agera 1:1 a Bugatti Veyron, and some Lambo's. It was ALOT OF FUN and I will never forget it. They also had some lifted Jeeps but I am not a fan of those! Cars got me into Nitro RC and then into electric!

I am 13 and have loved cars since I was 4. I went to a car show in Toronto and it was amazing. We got a private thing so we were out on a runway with a Tesla Model S P100d, Koenigsegg Agera 1:1 a Bugatti Veyron, and some Lambo's. It was ALOT OF FUN and I will never forget it. They also had some lifted Jeeps but I am not a fan of those! Cars got me into Nitro RC and then into electric!
Wait. Wait. Wait wait.... where was this and how rich are you?

Wait. Wait. Wait wait.... where was this and how rich are you?
It was the Toronto car show in Canada. I am not that rich lol. I am 13 but my dad has a 2019 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited with a Pearl White Paint Job from Toyota and my mom drives a Tesla Model S 100d (not a P100D). My 18 yo sis drives a 2016 Toyota Camry (my moms Old car)

The Jeep? It does look nice
Sorry the picture isn't loading..... it's a 2023 Kia optima sxl. Nice car but not much of a drivers car.... yet
Sorry the picture isn't loading..... it's a 2023 Kia optima sxl. Nice car but not much of a drivers car.... yet
13 not 23

13 not 23
20200825_153818.jpg

13 not 23

20200825_153818.jpg
So far it has focal rims with ultra high all seasons (because Maine) and tein coil overs.

Last edited:
He has the budget for it...
Yep, he is stuck with whatever the motor can output as his gearing. There really isn't good options for differentials. You have the 3.3 ratio it comes with or the 4.3 from the Kraton/Noto/Outcast.

He can set throttle limits in the ESC or radio to work up to speed slowly. Luckily it seems there are plenty of open for public use airfields in Europe (so jealous of that)

Razzzzz started with 2 motors on his Limitless and finally found what others had found... 1 motor works better in RC cars. With that said the guys that run catamaran RC boats swear by using 2 motors.

I find the idea of having the motors direct drive interesting, and had not seen that idea yet on the Limitless. If I were to setup something like this I'd have the motors shafts extend out the back of the motors and do another dog bone connecting the 2 motors to help synchronize them.
For some boat info, I was into nitro catamarans for a while. Italian engines of course (OPS .90), this thing flew. But my friend had an electric catamaran, with two motors. The way he explains it, he had one motor turning its screw one way, and the other engine was reversed, effectively eliminating the torque produced by the direction of having only one motor.

Just an FYI. Dave

For some boat info, I was into nitro catamarans for a while. Italian engines of course (OPS .90), this thing flew. But my friend had an electric catamaran, with two motors. The way he explains it, he had one motor turning its screw one way, and the other engine was reversed, effectively eliminating the torque produced by the direction of having only one motor.

Just an FYI. Dave
A boat is a bit different then a car though. A boat prop propels from rotating in a 90deg angle and requires hull, fins and rudder to keep it from drifting sideways.
In a dual motor setup, props can not be nice in the center (what a hull requires to make it go straight) so it's best to have them spin in different directions to cancel each other out. Like a RWD car with a missing dogbone also wants to turn one way.

I watched the video with the two huge speed controllers and think that he's gonna have a hard time with all that weight. I'm definitely interested in the build and appreciate his videos because a) their entertaining (in moderation) and b) they really show how durable these cars are.

A boat is a bit different then a car though. A boat prop propels from rotating in a 90deg angle and requires hull, fins and rudder to keep it from drifting sideways.
In a dual motor setup, props can not be nice in the center (what a hull requires to make it go straight) so it's best to have them spin in different directions to cancel each other out. Like a RWD car with a missing dogbone also wants to turn one way.
Like I said, I had a twin catamaran hull with an OPS .90 engine. I did turns at 75-80mph. It was a monster. And yes, I mentioned the screws [props] turning in the opposite direction.

I build my 1040mm cat with single 5694 motor, a bit overkill on power. I never really tweaked it to perfection like i did with my tiny UL-1. That one doesn't turn very fast, but when it goes on plane the acceleration is ridiculous. As much as i like car speedracing, nothing can compare to a boat on plane. That feeling is unmatched... untill it catches air and it's swimming time.

I build my 1040mm cat with single 5694 motor, a bit overkill on power. I never really tweaked it to perfection like i did with my tiny UL-1. That one doesn't turn very fast, but when it goes on plane the acceleration is ridiculous. As much as i like car speedracing, nothing can compare to a boat on plane. That feeling is unmatched... untill it catches air and it's swimming time.
LOL
I have been really tempted to build an outrigger RC boat. I have a very large lake about 5 mins from my house. WAY more accessible than a good road for speed runs. Only issue is the smooth water is early morning when the fisherman like to be out also. I foresee they would be pretty pissed off if I was running the RC boat while they try to fish.

Imagine an Aeromarine Cat body and an OPS .80 powerplant. Boats are where nitro still shines.

LOL
I have been really tempted to build an outrigger RC boat. I have a very large lake about 5 mins from my house. WAY more accessible than a good road for speed runs. Only issue is the smooth water is early morning when the fisherman like to be out also. I foresee they would be pretty pissed off if I was running the RC boat while they try to fish.
Fishermen like it when you herd the fish towards them ;) Boats aren't that noisy either as long as you don't cavitate. Motors are encased in a watercool jacket which gives them a different whine.

Imagine an Aeromarine Cat body and an OPS .80 powerplant. Boats are where nitro still shines.
It's hard for me to imagine what i don't know, but i found this print saying it does 4.55hp. I wouldn't know how this could compete with modern day ridiculous brushless power
1620158470923.png

World record is done electric:

Fishermen like it when you herd the fish towards them ;) Boats aren't that noisy either as long as you don't cavitate. Motors are encased in a watercool jacket which gives them a different whine.

It's hard for me to imagine what i don't know, but i found this print saying it does 4.55hp. I wouldn't know how this could compete with modern day ridiculous brushless power

A detailed image of that boat. (one lean mean machine)

world record  JAG Capture.JPG

View attachment 143833

I am sorry, I had the OPS .90 (15cc), with a tuned racing pipe - even more of a monster. The OPS 80 was designed for ducted fan use. Mine had a flywheel with a belt that stayed in the boat. I would attach the belt to my starter and feed onto the pulley. I am telling you, this engine was the most powerful power plant I have ever had to maneuver. Of course, the standard support equipment consisted of a raft, in case of blow-overs. I had two tabs in the rear controlling angle, and no matter who you are, you will push the envelope a bit too far. The inside was shot with styrofoam so it wouldn't sink. The cooling system was the best. It had a groove cut into the rudder, which caught water and shot through a tube wrapped around the motor. Then it exited out the side.

Of course, the brushless motor changed the hobby but there are still some nitro fans out there. I feel nitro is when you need monster torque, like boats or jets. But sure, I lost it for nitro after my NT1.

Sorry to stray off topic but for all speed demons out there. I did invest as much as I invested in my Limitless. They were both great.
LOL
You'll find that the boats (even planes with pontoons) like a little wake. Calm water causes too much friction. IMO

Last edited:
I don't think Kevin Talbot does boats. He might be afraid of water, or can't swim, or something. I'm not sure how to bash a boat, or if that's even possible. I guess you could run it aground until it breaks, and use that as clickbait? I dunno. I think I'm going to go watch some YouTube.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back