Limitless The danger of speedrunning, how i lost part of my toe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude! I wish you a speedy recovery. Please from now on where steel toe boots or skateboard steel toe shoes. All speed runners.

I hear that. When I was a young guy I raced middleweight superbike for a while. It’s amazing to me still how if a rider was off track in a turn they were and still are a magnet for other riders/drivers, it’s an odd phenomenon that I’ll never understand
Lol that's an easy explanation.. target fixation.. I used to do trackdays around So.Cal tracks like Buttonwillow, Willow springs, Chuckwalla raceway and would see it all the time, guys would go off and into the gravel, and someone else close behind would just basically follow them into the dirt without even realizing it. I almost did it myself a few times

Lol that's an easy explanation.. target fixation.. I used to do trackdays around So.Cal tracks like Buttonwillow, Willow springs, Chuckwalla raceway and would see it all the time, guys would go off and into the gravel, and someone else close behind would just basically follow them into the dirt without even realizing it. I almost did it myself a few times
I understand the target fixation concept, anytime I would see someone going down or losing control I would always look away from what was happening and the focus was so much more intense

I'm not going to lie, I haven't read your entire post through fear of seeing gruesome toe photos 😉
@rotauq I wish you all the best for your recovery 👍🏼
Stay safe everybody..!!
He has yet to show anything other than the crash and at no point was his wound visible.

So I just watched the video..!!! @rotauq you are seriously one lucky guy, that accident could have been so much worse..!!
I cringed when the car veered off towards you 😲😵🤢🤮

Once again I wish you a speedy recovery..😎👍🏼

People.. this speed run activity is no joke, everyone take precautions be safe and sensible..!!

Post crash analyses:
- likely it was the front left shock hinge that broke, causing the spin
- Impact was at ~75mph
- it seems FR wheel made the first impact, it wasnt the splitter, but the battery tray that cut into my toe as it pivotted on impact

That’s crazy!. You done well to partially jump out of the way and not freeze up as the car was speeding towards you. Could’ve been a lot worse if you froze.
All the best in recovery.

Is it ironic. That this thread is full of pics of feet..or is there a smart-azz out there.
I know you'll be back to pulling hard on that trigger soon enough mate...

Screenshot_20210616-051155_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210616-051442_Chrome.jpg

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I also think a ladder is a bad idea. You can't get out of the way and a 100+ mph car is likely to whip that ladder down in a split second, you may not have time to brace a fall.

I've always thought a ladder was a bad idea. With a 100+ mph car, I don't think you'll have much time to brace a fall.
That’s why I just wear stilts

1623841533198.jpeg

Last edited:
Is it ironic. That this thread is full of pics of feet..or is there a smart-azz out there.
I know you'll be back to pulling hard on that trigger soon enough mate...

View attachment 152399

View attachment 152400
Looks like retargeting adds, your wife is probably looking for some fancy shoes. Meanwhile she probably sends screenshots to her friends wondering why her pintrest is showing rc monstertucks everywhere ;)

Hey ,,we all got our skeletons in the closet.....😆😅🤣😂🤣😅😆
I've got a huge FN closet

Jd, you do mud&tape right??to old to to hang drywall ,to proticular to be a painter.
Please don't take afense on age thing,im right there with ya brother..
No I don’t do Sheetrock. I’m an IT guy 🤣🤘🏻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back