Mojave The overrated RC. The arrma mojave EXB/RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it depends on how high and how long you want to jump. Every track jump is different. I like to jump at eye level and with 6S I rarely need to be at full throttle.. But from reading posts around here, it seems that people do expect the car to land on the four wheels by itself. That's simply not the case with the Mojave. Like you said practice is required for a perfect landing... Start small and low and practice your acceleration and brake while in mid air and eventually it does happen... I'm having a lot of fun with this car and so far, I can't fault it...
This ^^^. I agree entirely. I never have, and never will do crazy wild sends with my Mojave. I’ll probably never even do a little crazy. So far I’ve had it maybe 5 feet in the air just jumping the natural topography. And like #SrC said, I drive mine more scale like an SCT because, newsflash, that’s what it is. And I like it. And in this manner of driving and jumping I‘ve had no issues whatsoever landing it and definitely found it controllable enough in the air. No problems with correction.

Mojave is still my fav. of all my 6s rigs here. :)
It’s still my only 6S rig, but mos def my favorite truck ever. It’s a ton of fun on 4s around my yard and a beast on 6s when I take it somewhere where it can stretch its legs. Coming from 1/10 SCT’s it’s night and day. Wish I would have bought one sooner.

Well, talk about timing...
Yesterday after living those few posts here I went with few fellas to a new dirt parking lot for few laps...
While I have the Mojave one of the other guys, had a petrol 1/5 scale (one of those Chinese Rowan type)... Anyhow, to cut the story short, there was a piece of large concrete hidden by dirt and grass, and it just happened that we both hit it at full speed (unfortunately) while we were chasing each other...

My Mojave did sustain a bit of damage in the rear suspension, (it actually cracked the rear diff housing) and damage the lower arm, but the 1/5 petrol buggy has a bent and crack chassis, broken front suspension mount, broken suspension, broken servo, a bent shock, and broken servo linkages... I reckon it is going to be cheaper to buy another complete buggy...

Not sure why he has all the damage at the front while I sustained all the damage in the back. Perhaps my damage was created more by the 10 or 15 flip it did while hitting the ground after the collision with the concrete block, while the 1/5 buggy did stop right there against the concrete block like a dart...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the way the Mojave has being design is to absorb as much of the impact as possible, and it does work indeed...
I can also confirm that those Chinese 1/5 buggy are a complete POS.. IF you need to get a petrol 1/5 buggy, there are better options out there..

i bought my first arrma mojave in december the day of my birthday. It was fun on snow and i didnt broke anything really even in the -20 degrees weather. But now we are spring/summer and its just causing me problems and more problems. First the body posts. A know issue im at almost my third pair now. The front bumper spring no matter what you do it breaks if it doesn't break on the plastic spring circles itself it will rip where the screw is mounted on the shock tower. And taking those #(#&@)$*#*@ without taking the whole front end is a complete pain. Body rear cracks i found a fix for it so thats not a problem to me. The rear diff housing now i broke one in a nose dive. Had to come back home limping. Bought the shock tower supporT from m2c first pack out. Bent the rear right arm pin bended the steel retainer and took the gearbox with it. And again front bumper gone. ARm too Gone.

my option are these get
-hot racing pin retainers reinforcement
-hot racing gearbox
-go with another stock gearbox
You forgot to mention how painful it is to work on lol! Although supposedly easier than the SBR2. I find mine way tougher than my Typhon which breaks literally every run but I’d much rather work on that. Mojave sure is fast though!

A lot easier. My SBR 2.0 is an absolute chore to do anything.

Even the battery tray is a frickin struggle.

The Mojave is incredibly easy to work on, we just get spoiled by how ridiculously easy the Kraton is to work on no matter what you're doing.

I was the same way with the Infraction, especially getting to the front diff, but then I stopped comparing it to my Kraton and it's still really easy.

I will be picking some of these up 100%. Now if you could only figure out a body mount alternative the truck would be bulletproof. Great looking design by the way.
I have been playing with the body mounts myself and there just isn’t a good way to print them while being strong unfortunately. Thank you for the compliment 🥰

These rc cars are not actually meant to be crashed. They stay totally intact if we don't crash. In fact cars are not supposed to land on their roof - ever!

It's just that we like doing fun stuff with them, mess up and then towers bend and wishbones break. And ESCs and motors burn when bearings get wet, the resistance goes up and a large amount of energy turns into heat instead of turning wheels.

Now whose fault is it??

Sorry if it has been said or even mentioned in the same way but I didnt read all of the comments.

My opinion is, as far as RC cars/trucks go, regardless of body and chassis style there is NO rc that is a realistic mini version of the real version counterpart.
The very first thing to keep n mind is that pound for pound an RC basher is overpowered by who the heck knows how much?! (anyone good with math out there?).
If a real full size SCT/Stadium truck had the matching horsepower that a truck like the mojave has it would be hard to find someone brave enough to drive it.
These RC's are meant to have fun with and whether it be lack of skill (like me) or going HAM with it cause its fun, all it takes is the wrong landing, hit, clip, roll and there is a very good chance of your wallet shrinking.
Different RC's are meant for different style of driving but there are no rules and can be a hard lesson learned if you use the wrong RC for the wrong purpose. Even rc crawlers with realistic frames and what not, is far from a mini version of the real deal and will never behave the same but just a small version....though in the case of a rc scaler/crawler they get pretty close in performance as the real thing.

With that said, there are guys back flipping the mojave with no issues though its not recommended.
They are all bashers built differently for different looks and different tastes. No rules just personal preference and different risks to take with breakage.
I don't own a Mojave but it the next on my list. Though tough as nails, it won't ever do what a lets say a kraton can do.
I really am sorry for the bad taste you have for the Mojave because of the bad luck you've had and I'm sure at some point you will have a different outlook about it.

Again, all is my personal take:)

2SwfLL.gif
There it is!(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back