Kraton this is why you don't go to hobby shops..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comes with same Awsome receiver. I spoke to horrizon about the transmitter and they will have it on sale shortly on the website for $69. They said it replaces the dx2e because they were having some issues with the transmitter and esc being glitchy with the brake/reverse.View attachment 67222View attachment 67223

I believe this is also new. The rear brace. I googled pictures of the v1 version and didn't see any brace on them. So good job arrma for listening.View attachment 67224View attachment 67225View attachment 67226View attachment 67227
They should send that brace to everyone that bought an original one.

Really not liking the steering setup. Extremely close to the drive shaft.

That’s gotta be the quickest retrofit of a RC model in history. The rear brace looks solid as does the radio change. I’m shocked they stepped in so quickly, but that’s a great thing.

I’m wondering if changes were made to the chassis stamping method or material. To soon to call it a V2, so maybe a V1a :)
Also, no changes to the Website/K8S Gigasite/exploded view/option parts about the rear brace change or radio change.

Obviously, this is a “running” change but it’s good news for buyers getting the rig for the first time. I feel like there are probably more changes that we haven’t discovered yet.

I have an M2C chassis but I would love to have the part # of that rear brace...

Last edited:
Wtf! This car doesn't come with sway bars?

They are optional. I think it comes with endlinks but the bars and hardware are parts you need to purchase separately.

Same price.
Wow they really made these changes quickly and didn’t charge more? Gotta give them big props. I never thought they would fix it this quickly ??

They also changed the long top brace to 2 braces connected at the center tower. Arrma is definitely listening to us. Don't know if it'll make too much of a difference but it's a step in the right direction.

They also changed the long top brace to 2 braces connected at the center tower. Arrma is definitely listening to us. Don't know if it'll make too much of a difference but it's a step in the right direction.

Nice catch. So they revised the T2T brace, so now it’s two braces. The tower is different because of where the T2T braces mount to it and also where the rear lower brace connects to it. I’m wondering if the rear bulkhead is different where the rear brace connects on the other side. The shock towers look the same.

Next question would be if these updated parts fit the old version cars. I can’t imagine they would have changed any chassis holes or contours that would prevent this, but I can’t be sure.

You think it needs them?
Honestly I don't know. Haven't even driven the car yet. Waiting for the batteries to come in from powerhobby. But all of the RC cars I have bought came with sway bars. I was just little surprised that it didn't come with it.

Great catch . Keep it coming guys .

I think I saw another brace under the esc/receiver/ servo tray. Does the first version come with it? I think it was a flat piece that was bolted to the chassi.

I ordered bunch of parts and one was the tower and a bulk head . Damn I hope it fits my model. If not, I am calling horrizon and asking for a new ones.
IMG_20200226_200323368.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry about the low quality video and camera angles. Space was very tighted with he car parked.

New exploded view are on horizon website. Here is the brace.
Screenshot_20200226-212703.png

Last edited:
Coooool! thanks for sharing.. in what country are you located? does this shop have a website? for that price, plus the guarantee to get V2 like you have i'd order it... what batteries did you get for it?

Got mixed feelings about this. It’s great that they stepped in so quickly with revisions for the most common issues. But there are hundreds of “V1” owners that are ‘forced’ to pay extra $$ for something that should be okay in the first place. If they say the DX2E causes problems, thus replacing it with a DX3, this should be put under warranty for those who own the DX2E-version.

anyways, have fun with your 8S!

Thanks for all the info :)
Will probably order the new rear brace if it bolts on directly ;)

it doesn’t, you need two new (shorter) braces and a new mid tower. For the chassis brace you need the brace it self and new screws
I am going to call HH DE today. They openly admit that the DX2E glitches, which is a factory defect. Should be covered under warranty. The chassis story is also worth a shot. They obviously added these changes to prevent premature bending. I haven’t got a bend chassis, but I also haven’t bashed with it yet. Its advertised as a basher, so it should be able to survive some bashing (to a certain extent ofc). I’ll keep you updated

Last edited:
it doesn’t, you need two new (shorter) braces and a new mid tower. For the chassis brace you need the brace it self and new screws
I am going to call HH DE today. They openly admit that the DX2E glitches, which is a factory defect. Should be covered under warranty. The chassis story is also worth a shot. They obviously added these changes to prevent premature bending. I haven’t got a bend chassis, but I also haven’t bashed with it yet. Its advertised as a basher, so it should be able to survive some bashing (to a certain extent ofc). I’ll keep you updated
Yeah I'm talking about the chassis brace below the rear brace. Bulk head still has the same part number, so maybe the "added" brace and the new tower would be enough if you can still mount the long top brace. Quite curious on how much of a difference this will make though..

I'll probably wait until I bend my v1 stock stuff and then evaluate the next upgrades :)

As for your dx3 inquiry, I seriously doubt that they will just replace every single dx2e that is out there just because some did not perform as intended. Mine has been working flawlessy until now, so talking about a factory defect seems a little harsh.

Yeah I'm talking about the chassis brace below the rear brace. Bulk head still has the same part number, so maybe the "added" brace and the new tower would be enough if you can still mount the long top brace. Quite curious on how much of a difference this will make though..

I'll probably wait until I bend my v1 stock stuff and then evaluate the next upgrades :)

As for your dx3 inquiry, I seriously doubt that they will just replace every single dx2e that is out there just because some did not perform as intended. Mine has been working flawlessy until now, so talking about a factory defect seems a little harsh.

I agree on the transmitter, mine works fine too. But the chassis changes are not upgrades, but fixes. They should’ve included those in the first place. Now people have been spending a ton of cash of aftermarket chassis and replacement chassis, while this fix might also do the job. At first they call bending chassis “normal use”, but now they release fixes to prevent it. It clearly shows its a factory defect, so it should be covered bt warranty for existing owners.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back