Kraton this is why you don't go to hobby shops..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one Awsome truck. I just installed my powerhobby 8000mah and this thing is very fast on stock gearing and extremely light compare to my dbxle 2.0.
Still waiting on my 22T to arrive from horizon.

Dbxle 2.0 has 17T optional pinion (14 stock) and the arrma is faster 100% stock.

Handle great and jump extremely nice.

Only downside is my spektrum esc programmer won't communicate with the esc. Keeps saying "connection esc" but goes no where. Had to manually up the voltage. Also, the servo is very good and strong.

That's great to hear , your stock just a 8000 mAh battery ? Everybody is uping that pinion gear , I've already got a 19 sitting waiting for the rig to get here , I'm just gunna call that good , I don't want no heat issues , just throw it on the ground and go Everytime , I hope ?!

Yes 100% stock . I went with 22p and that should be good with no over heating problem I hope . But is been 6 days and I haven't received the damn thing yet.

Anyone know the thread pitch on the hub? I tired my losi dbxle wheel nut and it doesn't fit. I am trying to find a closed nut and not trying to pay $50.

I'm a bit late to this thread, but what are all the changes they have made..??
Anyone one done a side by side comparison..??

I think the radio is using a different protocol...

The virus last only a few seconds outside our body.,
I don't think that's accurate, but assuming it spent 1 week+ in transit, I'm sure it's fine. Here is a quote from a random article I found on the interwebs (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/how-long-coronavirus-last-surfaces.html):
"how long can the new coronavirus linger on surfaces, anyway? The short answer is, we don't know. But if this new coronavirus resembles other human coronaviruses, such as its "cousins" that cause SARS and MERS, it can stay on surfaces — such as metal, glass or plastic — for as long as nine days, according to a new study. (In comparison, flu viruses can last on surfaces for only about 48 hours.)"

I don't think that's accurate, but assuming it spent 1 week+ in transit, I'm sure it's fine. Here is a quote from a random article I found on the interwebs (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/how-long-coronavirus-last-surfaces.html):
"how long can the new coronavirus linger on surfaces, anyway? The short answer is, we don't know. But if this new coronavirus resembles other human coronaviruses, such as its "cousins" that cause SARS and MERS, it can stay on surfaces — such as metal, glass or plastic — for as long as nine days, according to a new study. (In comparison, flu viruses can last on surfaces for only about 48 hours.)"
From the CDC website

Q: Am I at risk for COVID-19 from a package or products shipping from China?

A: There is still a lot that is unknown about the newly emerged COVID-19 and how it spreads. Two other coronaviruses have emerged previously to cause severe illness in people (MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV). The virus that causes COVID-19 is more genetically related to SARS-CoV than MERS-CoV, but both are betacoronaviruses with their origins in bats. While we don’t know for sure that this virus will behave the same way as SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV, we can use the information gained from both of these earlier coronaviruses to guide us. In general, because of poor survivability of these coronaviruses on surfaces, there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures. Coronaviruses are generally thought to be spread most often by respiratory droplets. Currently there is no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with imported goods and there have not been any cases of COVID-19 in the United States associated with imported goods. Information will be provided on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) website as it becomes available.

I'm a bit late to this thread, but what are all the changes they have made..??
Anyone one done a side by side comparison..??
Look at the first page of this thread, there’s a couple pics. Looks like a couple new braces and dx3 radio. Definitely going in the right direction. As of yesterday Arrma had not updated their site.

Got this back from Horizon after asking if they’d do anything for early adopters about the most recent updates...

DFC5B159-C293-4D84-A3F8-8A9226E23B86.jpeg

Attachments

• 4153D357-E184-4C5E-8CA2-37773C666906.jpeg
    4153D357-E184-4C5E-8CA2-37773C666906.jpeg
    715.2 KB · Views: 41
Got this back from Horizon after asking if they’d do anything for early adopters about the most recent updates...

View attachment 67562
I guess $25 isn’t a lot of money, but on principle do they really need to charge you? It was just a few months ago that they released this product. Then they redesigned it quickly, which I applaud. But what’s $25 to them? Nice that they will make the upgrade available, but IMO it’s a bad look. Just my 2 pecos.

View attachment 67562

given my recent experience with them https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/arrma-warranty-outside-the-us-experience.19213/ and the people who have responded to the thread 2 so far and 11 via PM, I guess for people outside the US this surely means ~70 in whatever the local currency is to get the following parts - also noteworthy not all parts are currently available as per their website:

1582986771104.png

Well after the ups store I headed to my local hobby shop to buy couple of little items and the owner said I just got a new shipment of the 8S 2 hrs ago. I looked at him and smiled and so I pulled the trigger and bought it.

This car is extremely light weight compare to my dbxle 2.0 that I sold. I think I am going to like it alot.

Too bad I just sold my awsome looking Badlands lol.

View attachment 67115
Losi that i just sold. Kind of miss it. Car looked great. View attachment 67116

Which rims were those on the Losi you sold ? they look sooo nice with badlands ! please if you can share the rims brand and model. :)

View attachment 67562
I think that is fair even though I won't be taking them up on it. My truck is already prepared for extreme bashing ?

I guess $25 isn’t a lot of money, but on principle do they really need to charge you? It was just a few months ago that they released this product. Then they redesigned it quickly, which I applaud. But what’s $25 to them? Nice that they will make the upgrade available, but IMO it’s a bad look. Just my 2 pecos.

What surprised me the most is the wording used to describe what you now receive from the factory out of the box, aka “stock.”

They said, “These changes were not made as a result of poor vehicle performance. These parts are an upgrade to the vehicle for extreme bashing...”

So Arrma patrons buying from the first batch of Kraton 8s’s just have to forego the “extreme bashing” of their truck unless they pay more to Horizon to get the parts that are free to anyone buying the same “version” of the truck 6 months later.

It’d make more sense if the timing were different and they called it a V2 update. However, this is still considered the same release but now with included “upgrades...for extreme bashing...”
I think that is fair even though I won't be taking them up on it. My truck is already prepared for extreme bashing ?

Haha! Their “upgrades” would be “downgrades” for your rig :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back